Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:29 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times

Advertisements

The abuse of power here is extremely obvious, and the one doing the abusing is Donald J. Trump. Presidents and presidential candidates have been releasing their tax returns starting with Richard Nixon. If Nixon could fix his courage to the sticking point and allow the world at large to scrutinize his returns, surely a "stable genius" like Trump can do the same. Even Obama released his tax returns, showing more guts than Trump ever even dreamed of.

If Trump is such a great guy and honest as the day is long, what on earth lies hidden in his returns? Was he really colluding with the Russians after all and his tax returns show this? Has he been steadily siphoning money off from the charities he pretends to run? And what's with the love affair between Trump and the murderous Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia? Trump's tax returns could shed light on all these questions.

The American people would like to know: A Washington Post/ABC poll released on Jan. 16 revealed 74% of Americans think Trump should release his tax returns, including 49% of his own supporters. A separate poll conducted by the Pew Research Center said 60% of Americans believed he should release his returns. A petition on the White House website calling for Trump to release his tax returns has received over 260,000 signatures so far.

It's a sad day for our Country when we have a president at the helm who doesn't even have the integrity of Tricky Dick. Why on earth are you defending a coward and a tax cheat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 09:30 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
What would that show? If that's the end game, the Ds are more stupid than I thought

The only way to know anything about Trump's finances is through his business.

If I own the company, I control my paycheck. He could pay himself everything or nothing at all.
Because his tax returns would provide valuable insight into finances that as of yet has not been made available. It will provide the answers to questions such as where his money is coming from and how much is he making, to whom does he owe money, who may potentially have influence over him, etc.

Not only is this important information in the Russia investigation but it also may show if there are conflicts of interest given his position as POTUS.

It is possible that nothing suspect turns up and I’m fine with that. I do, however, find it highly suspicious that to this point he has done everything possible to prevent the returns from being made public. Every president since Nixon has released their tax returns so it isn’t an out of bounds proposition....what is the big deal? What could he possibly be hiding or trying to cover up? This is what I want to know and I think it’s in the best interest of the American people to get answers to these questions.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What on Earth are you talking about? There was a smooth transition of power. Trump is in the White House, isn't he?
Is the destination the same as the trip to it ? Do better or be best !!!

Old 11-30-2018, 09:34 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I love your thought process -- it is very entertaining.

So one random guy thinks that the Democrats are using the Mueller investigation to get tax returns...and you immediately assume that is fact.

This is someone's opinion...there is no fact -- no reason to believe what he said is real.

LOL
What is the reason to believe the opinion is incorrect or not real based on facts ?

Old 11-30-2018, 09:35 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Because his tax returns would provide valuable insight into finances that as of yet has not been made available. It will provide the answers to questions such as where his money is coming from and how much is he making, to whom does he owe money, who may potentially have influence over him, etc.

Not only is this important information in the Russia investigation but it also may show if there are conflicts of interest given his position as POTUS.

It is possible that nothing suspect turns up and I’m fine with that. I do, however, find it highly suspicious that to this point he has done everything possible to prevent the returns from being made public. Every president since Nixon has released their tax returns so it isn’t an out of bounds proposition....what is the big deal? What could he possibly be hiding or trying to cover up. This is what I want to know and I think it’s in the best interest of the American people to get answers to those questions.
His personal taxes will show you none of that

Old 11-30-2018, 09:36 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They don't need Mueller to get his tax returns. Congress can now do it.

Bingo.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What is the reason to believe the opinion is incorrect or not real based on facts ?
Because there are no facts.

It's faith.

And this guy is some random guy. He's sparred with Democrats on other issues. He's not mainstream Democrat and loved by his party.

He's making a Fox News appearance and stating something to get some air time.

LOL.

Entertatining. Fun to discuss IF it is true but to ASSUME it is true -- come on.....fake news.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:39 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Democrat says Robert Mueller's end goal is to get Trump's tax return. Is there a more clear abuse of power and Gov. over reach ?

Where is the crime ? Don't they have to have one or is that the old fashion way to use power ?

The suspected crimes are in plain view and the Trumpsters refuse to admit it. For the umpteenth time:

-- Trump now admits he tried to negotiate a Trump Tower deal with Russia. That's not illegal, but conspiring to lift sanctions as part of the deal is. It is a crime for a public official to change public policy for personal gain. Why do you think Trump picked the CEO of Exxon to be his Sec'y of State? Once sanctions were lifted, Russian oligarchs and Exxon stood to make billions.

-- If Mueller has proof that Manafort and Stone coordinated with WikiLeaks, and Trump knew about it, that's a felony. Aiding and abetting the release of stolen computer data is a violation of federal cybercrime laws.

-- There is circumstantial evidence that the Trump family has long engaged in shady real estate deals with Russians. If those deals are under the table then that's probable cause that Trump may be guilty of tax evasion. This is sufficient justification to get Trump's tax returns.

As every month goes by the circumstantial evidence pointing towards massive corruption by Trump and his cronies gets stronger and stronger. This administration stinks to high heaven.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:40 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Democrat says Robert Mueller's end goal is to get Trump's tax return. Is there a more clear abuse of power and Gov. over reach ?

Where is the crime ? Don't they have to have one or is that the old fashion way to use power ?

Show me the individual and I'll find a crime is the new blind justice. Its blind but now we need to get justice on its knees or at least hobble it.

MARK PENN: Now we understand Mueller’s endgame: Get President Trump
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mark...ts-coming-next

Dems target Trump tax returns in first bill under new House majority.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexic...state-is-in-us

The comments came after Democrats’ began openly stating they will use their new powers in the House to get access to Trump’s tax records, with Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Texas, saying the request will be made as soon as Democrats officially take control of the House in January.
LOL, hahah Fox news.LOL, good one!

Old 11-30-2018, 09:42 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
A man who hides nothing has nothing to hide. Donald Trump has something to hide by not releasing his tax return.
So what did Obummer have to hide by hiding his college transcripts? that he cheated, that he claimed foriegn birth to get past the admissions board? that he was expelled for behavior?

What was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies