Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 10:09 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,000,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Wow, amazing opinion. I never encountered this concept before.

Fox is many things. Balanced opinion is not one of them ...
THEY do believe that Fox News is "fair and balanced" - as they (Fox) keeps stating this in their advertisements/statements. If they state it often enough - those folks actually believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 10:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
THEY do believe that Fox News is "fair and balanced" - as they (Fox) keeps stating this in their advertisements/statements. If they state it often enough - those folks actually believe it.
compared to CNN and MSNBC--they are far closer to that moniker..

Old 11-30-2018, 10:24 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
[quote]
Quote:
Democrat says Robert Mueller's end goal is to get Trump's tax return. ...

I don't know who that 'Democrat' is, but I doubt it.

Apparently you have so little interest in finding out who the democrat is its amazing you bother to express it.

Quote:
Mueller doesn't need Trump's Tax returns, he probably has more information about the in's and outs of Trump's finances already than Trump himself knows. This is not a joke.

The only reason he might need to look at them is for corroboration on some details he already has. But if, on top of everything else he has done, Trump had also falsified his tax statements the Mueller team would just forward that information to the appropriate State's Attorneys and the IRS because it is in their wheelhouse.

You make it sound like a joke. Think it through. Trump doesn't prepare his own tax return. The IRS hasn't raised any red flags in the form of criminal charges and they will know more about the tax returns than Mueller will ever learn.

Not only that but Trump would be through his second term before the court cases were ever decided.

The Dems are on a fools errand and they are bring the ship of fools with them. The smart ones will be looking for a lifeboat and get off that ship.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Show the equal to the leftist Shepard Smith on Fox.
CNN, MSNBC where is their rightwing one hour programing ? Time to get a clue !!!

Old 11-30-2018, 11:22 AM

18,471 posts, read 8,298,361 times
I don't see what the problem is....the IRS has Trump's taxes...we know the IRS is corrupt...all Muller has to do is ask them for it

Old 11-30-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I don't see what the problem is....the IRS has Trump's taxes...we know the IRS is corrupt...all Muller has to do is ask them for it
They could kick in the door at the IRS if they wanted too.
They have a habit of doing that to get whatever they want.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:28 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Why, yes, there are lots of examples of abuse of power, and most of them have occurred since January of 2017.

right, forget all the abuses of power from the previous administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The abuse of power here is extremely obvious, and the one doing the abusing is Donald J. Trump. Presidents and presidential candidates have been releasing their tax returns starting with Richard Nixon. If Nixon could fix his courage to the sticking point and allow the world at large to scrutinize his returns, surely a "stable genius" like Trump can do the same. Even Obama released his tax returns, showing more guts than Trump ever even dreamed of.

If Trump is such a great guy and honest as the day is long, what on earth lies hidden in his returns? Was he really colluding with the Russians after all and his tax returns show this? Has he been steadily siphoning money off from the charities he pretends to run? And what's with the love affair between Trump and the murderous Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia? Trump's tax returns could shed light on all these questions.

The American people would like to know: A Washington Post/ABC poll released on Jan. 16 revealed 74% of Americans think Trump should release his tax returns, including 49% of his own supporters. A separate poll conducted by the Pew Research Center said 60% of Americans believed he should release his returns. A petition on the White House website calling for Trump to release his tax returns has received over 260,000 signatures so far.

It's a sad day for our Country when we have a president at the helm who doesn't even have the integrity of Tricky Dick. Why on earth are you defending a coward and a tax cheat?

just because a few people running for president chose to give up their fourth amendment rights, doesnt mean trump has to give them up because you demand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I do believe the IRS, an agency of the federal government, already has his tax returns as is customary. Should there be an issue with them then it is their job to do something about it, as is customary.
Quote:

the IRS has been auditing trump every year for decades now, and if they havent found anything untoward by now, chances are they never will. and if they havent found anything, what makes you think someone else will find something?

as for muller being able to get trumps tax returns, he would have to get a warrant from the courts to get trumps returns, and to do that he would have to show probable cause that trumps returns could be hiding criminal activity, and that would be hard to do without the returns, and with the IRS syaing no such activity exists.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:48 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,000,235 times
Quote:
Someone lives in lala land.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:49 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:

Oh really?

How many people on CNN are neutral on Trump...ZERO

How many people on MSNBC are Neutral on Trump...ZERO

How many people on FOX are neutral on Trump>..50%

Sure sounds balanced to me

Old 11-30-2018, 11:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Show the equal to the leftist Shepard Smith on Fox.
CNN, MSNBC where is their rightwing one hour programing ? Time to get a clue !!!
You don't get it.

I am not saying CNN good, Fox bad. I am saying that balance is necessary in every show, all of the time. Seems like a novel concept, but it's not. We have been subjected to this morass of garbage information only since the 1990's. Every broadcaster who plays the bias game is wrong, and Fox pioneered the genre.

It doesn't work to have 'leftist' opinion shows and also 'rightist' opinion shows and then to call that balanced programming somehow. That is 'reality TV' think, or 'professional wrestling' think. It's like Maury Povich or Jerry Springer doing news ... total BS!!! It produces a totally distorted worldview.

" Feed my head! " ... "give me outrage, give me angst, give me righteousness!!! Tell me what to believe and I promise I'll watch only your show and condemn your competitors!!!"

Every news and opinion show can be balanced, and they should be. The fact that this does not happen is a deliberate decision of the marketing departments of broadcasters, and we need to bring the Fairness Doctrine back and impose it on cable television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies