Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 07:13 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times

Advertisements

I believe that President Trump likes pulling the leftists' strings and watching them react. It's quite entertaining actually.

They still haven't caught on and they oblige us and him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 07:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Obama himself is probably praying for bad news everyday.
Then again, during his presidency Obama's definition of good news was America being treated like a doormat (especially regarding trade).
And Obama will be praying there is no prison reform, even though he wanted that during his 8 years, he cannot stand Trump getting credit.
If there is prison reform, Trump won't get the credit, Obama will. Unless prison reform goes badly, then Trump will get the blame. This is what Hilary Crooked Clinton called for - resist. And it means they resist on EVERYTHING.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:33 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
To feed the fire in this thread, let me tell the truth.

When GWB was in power and at the height of his popularity, a minority of the country knew how bad the neo-cons and his administration was. We knew that these types of policies create war, debt and...in the end, economic and social ruin. Yet everyone was cheering the loss of their freedoms and war, etc.

In my mind I thought "They (the authoritarians) can't lose...the setup is perfect and there is almost no down side for them".....and it was so.....UNTIL, all of our predictions came through and the entire house of cards came tumbling down.

And so it is - 10X over - with Trump. Anyone who uses reason, logic or history to look at his administration knows that it cannot work. They would have known that LONG before he ran.

When the world works out exactly as you imagine it does (and I am a business person, capitalist and engineer) then at least one knows that their moral, ethical and mapping of human behavior and society is partially correct.

Translating that to "celebration of bad news", that simply means we are noticing what we knew would happen...and also hoping that our country survives this. If the nukes start flying or the Constitution and precedents is smashed due to an out of control administration, THAT would be the REALLY bad news.

In other words, the best thing that can happen at this point is for Trump to fail bigly. But I don't have to help him with that, he's doing fine himself. It's hurting me big time as an investor and business person, but I can't control that. I separate out my world-views from whether I profit day-to-day.

I hope that helps explain the complexities of this matter.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:42 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Every time there is even the slightest trouble in the USA, does it seem like liberals come out of the woodwork to immediately go into full meltdown (or cat 5 chimp out as some call it) and gleefully exclaim that we are all doomed and fated to die because of Trump? Do they get some kind of perverse pleasure in thinking it will change anyones mind?

I mean really..
Here we go again with another thread about our heads exploding, we're having meltdowns, and we're going insane. This from a fan of the self absorbed guy who fires off juvenile tweets every time someone does anything he doesn't like

Old 12-02-2018, 09:35 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Anyone notice how excited and thrilled liberals get every time there is bad news?
Haven't noticed it myself ...

But you seem awfully excited and thrilled to be starting this baseless posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Why do you think Trump appeals to them so much ? He has the vocabulary of a 1950's construction worker
Don't insult 1950s construction workers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Liberals are typically embarrassed to be called liberal because they know that the word "liberal" is something to be embarrassed about.
Nobody I know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Your post would have been considerably augmented if you had included some examples of what constitutes "bad news". Without it, you have nothing but a troll thread.

Do better.
You're chastising the wrong person.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Your post would have been considerably augmented if you had included some examples of what constitutes "bad news". Without it, you have nothing but a troll thread.

Do better.
Perhaps you should reread my post before chiding me...

Old 12-02-2018, 09:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Every time there is even the slightest trouble in the USA, does it seem like liberals come out of the woodwork to immediately go into full meltdown (or cat 5 chimp out as some call it) and gleefully exclaim that we are all doomed and fated to die because of Trump? Do they get some kind of perverse pleasure in thinking it will change anyones mind?

I mean really..

You mean like Conservatives who were praying for the economy to fail constantly while Obama was in office.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:49 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I'm not a liberal, but yes, it makes me happy. Why?

Because Trump has been a horrible person most of his life, he has gotten away with way too many things in business that he shouldn't have, and he is doing the same thing as President.

So if it appears he may have to finally pay for some of his wrong doings? Yeah, that makes me happy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-02-2018, 01:46 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You mean like Conservatives who were praying for the economy to fail constantly while Obama was in office.
Really? Care to post a few links? As I recall, libs keep proclaiming that conservatives are greedy corporatism types..why would they want to destroy the economy?

Old 12-02-2018, 01:49 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Obama himself is probably praying for bad news everyday.
Then again, during his presidency Obama's definition of good news was America being treated like a doormat (especially regarding trade).
And Obama will be praying there is no prison reform, even though he wanted that during his 8 years, he cannot stand Trump getting credit.

And on to vocabulary word#2: Obama.
How long till word # 3 and any guesses as to its identity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies