Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2018, 08:43 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump spent yesterday tweeting nonsense about what he was watching on Fox, but it's Monday now. Another whole week of chances ahead of Trump.

Perhaps an Infrastructure Week?
Yep. Today is a new day to watch the Tariff Man rattle his trade war maracas to the tune of the stock market cratering while a government shutdown he admittedly will own is looming on the horizon because of his refusal to jettison a 13th century fiscal albatross solution to a issue he has blown way out of proportion for short-term political gain.

But its only 10:45am in Washington, DC. Maybe he can stop tweeting half-truths about the Fed and turn it all around by this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 08:51 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Lets be honest, Did ANY lib/dems actually give Trump a chance?

I am not an outright 100% liberal, but I have now aligned myself with the Democratic party. I was predisposed to see what he would do, as is my nature. He did speak of infrastructure, which interested me, but he never really had a plan and certainly did not have a way to fund it. He did say that he would provide better health care.

The health care claim was bogus, as it turns out. As for the infrastructure claim, all I can think of is that he probably wanted to sell off a lot of our infrastructure to private interests. Reagan tried to sell the Hoover dam, so it really isn't outside the realm of possibility. Not something I would want for our country.

Yet, I was hopeful.

Trump had his chance and blew it in the first few weeks in office. The first shock was that dark inaugural speech he made, but the really serious concern was that bizarre issue about the crowd size. It was an irrational and inexplicable hissy fit, very unbecoming ... period.

Millions of people, most of whom would otherwise given him a chance to prove himself, were scared away from Trump by the end of the second week ... and it has been getting crazier ever since. The Tweets are annoying to the Nth degree, the lies are insulting, and the crooks are coming out of the woodwork like an infestation of termites and cockroaches.
Right. Trump shot himself in the foot on his first day by establishing the fact that he's a compulsive liar. And since then he's told several thousand more lies.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:16 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post

But its only 10:45am in Washington, DC. Maybe he can stop tweeting half-truths about the Fed and turn it all around by this afternoon.
Fingers crossed.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:18 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Let's be honest - would it matter a lick if ALL Americans "gave Trump a chance"?

No. It wouldn't. In fact, things very well would be worse without pushback. That's what politics is...if people don't like what they see, they speak up.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump spent yesterday tweeting nonsense about what he was watching on Fox, but it's Monday now. Another whole week of chances ahead of Trump.

Perhaps an Infrastructure Week?
His mind is currently on a one-way track and this track has nothing to do with anything that is good for the country or the world. He's thinking "how the heck can I stop these investigations?". Period.

He's not very bright - one must remember. Speaks at 3rd grade level, can't write and can't read. He can act but only the same old minority of the country believes it.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
After last week's "correction," Dow still falling, marking the worst start to December trading since 1980.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/st...980-2018-12-17

Trump is tweeting Take the Victory! about the economy.

I'm not kidding.

We need to start putting anti-psychotics in the drinking water.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
His mind is currently on a one-way track and this track has nothing to do with anything that is good for the country or the world. He's thinking "how the heck can I stop these investigations?". Period.

He's not very bright - one must remember. Speaks at 3rd grade level, can't write and can't read. He can act but only the same old minority of the country believes it.
I don't believe he is actually thinking about it.

I think he just emotionally reacts to everything in an uncontrollable way, which is why so many childish, ignorant and misspelled tweets erupt from him whenever there is news. A calm rational, methodical thinker he is not.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The media tried to take down Obama?
The GOP influenced media strands--and you know that--
Why play dumb?

Old 12-17-2018, 10:04 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't believe he is actually thinking about it.

I think he just emotionally reacts to everything in an uncontrollable way, which is why so many childish, ignorant and misspelled tweets erupt from him whenever there is news. A calm rational, methodical thinker he is not.
If you have watched any older versions of Trump on YouTube or other sites
You can find a more measured, reasonable, and thoughtful Trump

That Trump is long gone I think
Maybe he caught syphillis when he was younger (riding bareback as he prefers is a dangerous practice considering whom he had sex with) and his totally incompetent former physician missed the signs of tertiary advancement...

Plus he is just a malignant narcissist--
His behavior is totally within the parameters for someone with that psychological condition

He is thinking--but that is a totally different process than someone's who is NOT a malignant narcissist

Just like someone who is diabetic "processes food" in a totally different way than someone who is not...

Old 12-17-2018, 10:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
If you have watched any older versions of Trump on YouTube or other sites
You can find a more measured, reasonable, and thoughtful Trump

That Trump is long gone I think
Maybe he caught syphillis when he was younger (riding bareback as he prefers is a dangerous practice considering whom he had sex with) and his totally incompetent former physician missed the signs of tertiary advancement...

Plus he is just a malignant narcissist--
His behavior is totally within the parameters for someone with that psychological condition

He is thinking--but that is a totally different process than someone's who is NOT a malignant narcissist

Just like someone who is diabetic "processes food" in a totally different way than someone who is not...
I wonder if that is the same "doctor" who diagnosed his heel spurs (AKA pussyfoot).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies