Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 03:04 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
NBC of course leaves this out.....

Deceased Migrant Girl’s Father Did Not Report Illness for 7 Hours, Says CBP
Officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection told reporters on a national conference call that the young girl was part of a large group of 163 migrants who illegally crossed the border at the Antelope Wells Port of Entry at about 10 p.m. on December 6. The port of entry was closed at the time of the crossing and the migrants entered the U.S. illegally, officials stated. In addition to large numbers of Family Unit Aliens (FMUA), the group contained at least 50 Unaccompanied Alien Children, according to the source who spoke on background
Due to the remote location, only four Border Patrol agents were available at the time for processing this group of migrants, the official stated. During the initial screening, the agents asked the migrants a series of 20 questions concerning their health and other demographic information. Officials said the agents asked the father the questions in Spanish and translated his answers to English for documentation on the form. The father reportedly checked the box on the I-779 immigration form that said his daughter had no current illnesses.
Of course NBC, WaPo, and the rest of the MSM will give little consideration of this STATEMENT from the Border Patrol. It doesn't fit their narrative. The NPCs will leave this topic now or pretend this statement doesn't exist. It's the same day after day. Their deranged attempt to make out Trump as a heartless individual who is ultimately responsible, has fallen flat on its face yet again.
Do you have a better source than Breitbart? They are well known to completely bald faced lie. You talk about the biases MSM and then post links only from sources that WILL ABSOLUTELY LIE. Find a better source to prove your point.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:13 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Of course it didn't. There are signs before one begins to have seizures. I don't KNOW what happened, how many children were brought in, what was really possible.

That's what people are saying in this thread...

Quote:
However, knowing that a child was in the desert and that heat stroke and dehydration were very real risks for her...when the US brought this child into THEIR custody, they did have an obligation to check her health and well being.

So, the parents did not know this?

They WERE in some type of process of checking everyone.

Quote:

Perhaps there was a backlog, too many kids to check, not enough available staff. I have no idea. But if they were able to check her and did not, they hold some small part of the responsibility.

Will never know.

Quote:

The same way CPS holds responsibility for leaving children in abusive homes or missing symptoms when they take custody of a child. The parents are at the biggest and most fault, but when we take custody of children, we take on some obligations.

Yes, they flew here to the ER and because of the parents lack of responsibility, she died. Once you get so far into dehydration/heatstroke, it's to late...your organs shut down...

Quote:
Border Patrol didn't kill this girl, but they MAY have failed in their obligation to save her. MAY HAVE. I'm not going to pretend to be sure.

They failed nothing.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's what people are saying in this thread...

So, the parents did not know this?

They WERE in some type of process of checking everyone.

Will never know.

Yes, they flew here to the ER and because of the parents lack of responsibility, she died. Once you get so far into dehydration/heatstroke, it's to late...your organs shut down...

They failed nothing.
You don't know that they didn't fail anymore than I know that they did. That's just dishonest.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Of course it didn't. There are signs before one begins to have seizures. I don't KNOW what happened, how many children were brought in, what was really possible.

However, knowing that a child was in the desert and that heat stroke and dehydration were very real risks for her...when the US brought this child into THEIR custody, they did have an obligation to check her health and well being. Perhaps there was a backlog, too many kids to check, not enough available staff. I have no idea. But if they were able to check her and did not, they hold some small part of the responsibility. The same way CPS holds responsibility for leaving children in abusive homes or missing symptoms when they take custody of a child. The parents are at the biggest and most fault, but when we take custody of children, we take on some obligations. Border Patrol didn't kill this girl, but they MAY have failed in their obligation to save her. MAY HAVE. I'm not going to pretend to be sure.
They picked up 163 people and already had many many more already there. Border Patrol does not have time to stop and check the well-being of every child. They're not babysitters.

Are you honestly suggesting the parents have no culpability here?

Old 12-14-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They picked up 163 people and already had many many more already there. Border Patrol does not have time to stop and check the well-being of every child. They're not babysitters.

Are you honestly suggesting the parents have no culpability here?
Do you honestly not know how to read????

I said over and over that the parents carried the most and primary responsibility.

And YES. When you take a CHILD into custody, YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:28 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
You don't know that they didn't fail anymore than I know that they did. That's just dishonest.

BS, she was ONLY in DHS custody for about 8 hours....there are a total of 3 phases when dealing with this type of situation. Heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and then heat stroke.....which it appears where she was at, when they found out she was having problems they took action, calling in a helicopter and rushing her to the ER. Again, once you get past a certain stage, there is no amount of water (not even a cup of water as someone stated earlier) can help you. Your organs start shutting down...

https://www.healthline.com/health/he...s-and-symptoms

Old 12-14-2018, 03:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Do you have a better source than Breitbart? They are well known to completely bald faced lie. You talk about the biases MSM and then post links only from sources that WILL ABSOLUTELY LIE. Find a better source to prove your point.
It's a direct statement from the Border Patrol. 4 people where there in a remote location to process 150 people + 50 UA children and father said the girl was fine.

I don't care if you believe it or not. That only speaks to the number the MSM has done to you.

------------------------------

One more time.
Officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection told reporters on a national conference call that the young girl was part of a large group of 163 migrants who illegally crossed the border at the Antelope Wells Port of Entry at about 10 p.m. on December 6. The port of entry was closed at the time of the crossing and the migrants entered the U.S. illegally, officials stated. In addition to large numbers of Family Unit Aliens (FMUA), the group contained at least 50 Unaccompanied Alien Children, according to the source who spoke on background
Due to the remote location, only four Border Patrol agents were available at the time for processing this group of migrants, the official stated. During the initial screening, the agents asked the migrants a series of 20 questions concerning their health and other demographic information. Officials said the agents asked the father the questions in Spanish and translated his answers to English for documentation on the form. The father reportedly checked the box on the I-779 immigration form that said his daughter had no current illnesses.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Do you honestly not know how to read????

I said over and over that the parents carried the most and primary responsibility.

And YES. When you take a CHILD into custody, YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY.
What nonsense. If BP is now going to be responsible for every child, we should shut our doors until the numbers are where they CAN be responsible. No asylum and anyone who is picked up should be removed and dropped off in Mexico immediately.

Making BP responsible over an impossible task is unreasonable.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:34 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What nonsense. If BP is now going to be responsible for every child, we should shut our doors until the numbers are where they CAN be responsible. No asylum and anyone who is picked up should be removed and dropped off in Mexico immediately.

Making BP responsible over an impossible task is unreasonable.

They aren't going to listen. WaPo & NBC has fed them a 1/2 lie. They turned it into a whole lie. It's reality for them now, and they will do or say anything to promote it. This is what NPCs do.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BS, she was ONLY in DHS custody for about 8 hours....there are a total of 3 phases when dealing with this type of situation. Heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and then heat stroke.....which it appears where she was at, when they found out she was having problems they took action, calling in a helicopter and rushing her to the ER. Again, once you get past a certain stage, there is no amount of water (not even a cup of water as someone stated earlier) can help you. Your organs start shutting down...

https://www.healthline.com/health/he...s-and-symptoms

You don't have to keep explaining this to me. I don't have to look these things up. I understand better than you do I'm sure (that whole pesky doctor I carry before my name and all). I never suggested they needed to give this child a cup of water. I suggested, accurately, that she was at high risk being out in the desert. A child would be at higher risk than an adult. There are symptoms that would have shown up before she had been there for 8 hours and was clearly past that point. Symptoms that would have been apparent when she was first brought into custody. Checking the welfare of any children in the group should have been the first priority as they would have/should have known the risk.

That doesn't mean they failed, but it means it's possible that they did. I wasn't there. Again, I have no idea how many people were trained to notice the symptoms. I don't know how many kids they had to check and how long that would have taken. I just know that if she had been evaluated by a trained person earlier, she may have been savable.

Neither of us were there. So did they fail or not, it's dishonest to claim to know.

And her parents are at fault for her death. We may have some fault in not preventing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies