Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:19 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,185,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Nick Miroff and Robert Moore wrote a 12/13/18@9:55 PM WaPo article called: "7-year-old migrant girl taken into Border Patrol custody dies of dehydration, exhaustion". The article states with "A 7-year-old girl from Guatemala died of dehydration and shock after she was taken into Border Patrol custody last week for crossing from Mexico into the United States illegally with her father and a large group of migrants along a remote span of New Mexico desert, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday."

I wrote in the article comments section that

Thoughts?
The parent and girl were trying to break into the country ILLEGALLY.......that opens you up to a host of problems, one of which we see here.......I see no ethical problem with the bp.....they are swamped with people all day who are sick and malnourished from a long journey ........they need to get the message to stay home........put the blame on OBAMA who ADVERTISED South America should come to the USA and have a good time at our expense..............

Old 12-14-2018, 10:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,276,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Nick Miroff and Robert Moore wrote a 12/13/18@9:55 PM WaPo article called: "7-year-old migrant girl taken into Border Patrol custody dies of dehydration, exhaustion". The article states with "A 7-year-old girl from Guatemala died of dehydration and shock after she was taken into Border Patrol custody last week for crossing from Mexico into the United States illegally with her father and a large group of migrants along a remote span of New Mexico desert, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday."

I wrote in the article comments section that

Thoughts?
Blame the idiot parents. Yet the parents are quick to blame other people for their bad decisions. Criminally charge the parents for negligent homicide.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,276,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
article: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/customs...el-paso-texas/

lordsburg, yeesh. that place looks like the surface of moon.
Lords burg area? Been there. Nothing for miles around.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:53 AM

22,690 posts, read 24,710,650 times
Sad, but not the USA's responsibility or fault.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:10 AM

13,621 posts, read 21,439,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
CNN reporting the child and her father were a part of a group of people who had illegally crossed the border and were found in a remote desert region of NM.

The child was airlifted to the Providence Children’s Hospital in El Paso. She died within hours of being captured.

Had they not been captured she would have died in the desert of derydration.

Migrants/ refugees all over the world have faced similar risks, since forever.
Yet the article title is written to promote the belief that it is the border patrol fault and how evil and heartless those are (and throw in racist also) that don't support giving said people sanctuary.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:14 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,689,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
faux news already blamed the parent,the caravan,democrats,cnn and are stirring the uninformed to give dummy all the tax dollars he wants for the wall Personally I will donate money to BUILDING TUNNELS UNDER THE WALL
I asked in another thread when you said you would be happy to take in illegals, so I'll ask again with the hopes of getting an answer this time. How many homeless Americans have you taken in?

Old 12-14-2018, 11:15 AM

13,526 posts, read 17,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Let me get this straight.

A little girl's father dragged her across an arid desert with no food or water, for days.

The border patrol finally finds them, and airlifts the girl to a children's hospital immediately. And she dies of exhaustion and dehydration within hours of being found.

And it's the Border Patrol's fault she died???

My God, the liberals will gin up any excuse to try to smear people who are trying to help others. How sick are they?
What liberal ACTUALLY SAID it was the border patrols fault?

Another right winger living in fantasy land based on strawmen.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:29 AM

6,625 posts, read 5,034,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
What liberal ACTUALLY SAID it was the border patrols fault?

Another right winger living in fantasy land based on strawmen.
I dont fault the agents necessarily although waiting for all the facts to come out. If the dad was asking for help all nite and was ignored until the girl started convulsing that would chaneg my mind, if they were not given any water or food that would change my mind.
Now from a procedural standpoint yes, the BPD, HSS or whoever is in charge has some blame here. You know these people are walking through literal deserts, you should have agents that are trained in recognizing heat exhaustion , dehydration etc, which BTW is standard military training. There is also the matter of intake procedures, there should be a screening with a medical professional there should be some kind of triage that happens.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,966,183 times
According to CBP records, the girl and her father were detained about 10 pm, Dec. 6.

They were part of a group who approach U.S. agents to turn themselves in.

"More than eight hours later, the child began having seizures, CBP records show."

"According to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.fdef583a43da

She was in U.S custody for 8 hours without any water?

What the hell is the matter with these people?

What is the matter with those defending this?

She's a little girl, for crying out loud.

What a bunch of ....

Old 12-14-2018, 11:39 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,966,183 times
A little girl shows up at our door thirsty, and hungry and we don't give her so much as a sip of water.

What happened to us?

How did we become such despicable people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies