Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 12:20 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,531,889 times

Advertisements

I just read that the girl and her father were caught with 150 other migrants in Antelope Wells, a rather rural area, jumping the border. The migrants were loaded into a bus to be transported back to a processing center when the father reported that the child was ill. Within 90 minutes she had died.

What exactly was this child owed as far as emergency response goes? They were in the middle of nowhere. There are no services. Are we supposed to chopper in a medivac unit every time an illegal immigrant with existing health problems craps out while hopping our border wall? Jesus, man. It’s sad that this happened, but it’s not an incident deserving of such ill-informed scorn. It’s ridiculous to politicize this.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:21 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,407,541 times
Obviously, the parents are at primary fault. However, when US border patrol finds a child in the desert, the child's health should be evaluated and 8 hours should not pass and the child should not be near death before anyone notices. So primary fault...parents, but that does not absolve us of negligence. A child in the desert, who you KNOW has been wandering for days...it should be known that the child's health should have been evaluated immediately.

If an american citizen did this...yes, they would be arrested...however, if CPS takes in a child and doesn't notice things that should be obvious to evaluate for...they would also pay a price. When it comes to the welfare of children, we all have a responsibility.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Border Patrol had her airlifted to Providence Children’s Hospital In El Paso. The child was too far gone and died within hours of being captured. Had the group not been captured in the remote desert of NM, she would have died in the desert.

IF this is the case and she were immediately transported to Children's Hospital upon arrest - then I don't blame the border patrol.

IF she were left languishing for 8-10 hours while they tried to process a bunch of people - then I do.

That simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A little girl shows up at our door thirsty, and hungry and we don't give her so much as a sip of water.

What happened to us?

How did we become such despicable people?

The so-called Moral Majority has always been a despicable group. THEY and their defense of allowing a 7 year old to die (IF that's what happened) - is all that is wrong with this country.

Quote:
Border Patrol records show that she was in their custody for 8 hours.

Medical records indicate she had nothing to drink for several days.

I want to know what that girl did for 8-10 hours after arrest. Was she given food? Water? Anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The death of this girl is on the hands of the liberals who encouraged the migrants to come here.

Not hardly. How many children now dead on Trump's watch in his tent cities?

There is something called care, custody, and control. That 7 year old was under the care, custody and control of the US Border patrol at the time of her death.

How they treated her in the 8-10 hours she was there - will determine if she was treated like a human being and died anyway; OR if she were left to die like an animal while no one lifted a finger to help her.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:22 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,407,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Here's the real Truth.

Deceased Migrant Girl’s Father Did Not Report Illness for 7 Hours, Says CBP

I've told you guys not to let WaPo tell you how to think. But you keep doing it over & over.

It's sad a family would do that to their kid.
Says the guy who lets BREITBART tell him how to think. LOL.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:22 PM

63,170 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
faux news already blamed the parent,the caravan,democrats,cnn and are stirring the uninformed to give dummy all the tax dollars he wants for the wall Personally I will donate money to BUILDING TUNNELS UNDER THE WALL

Wow, you don't mind exposing your anti-American, traitorous views right up front, do you? Do you know that what you would be doing is against the law aka aiding and abetting illegal aliens? Enjoy your jail time.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:24 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,236,408 times
Quote:
Oh, the poor BP officers who did everything they could.

Except, of course, give her a drink of water.

What kind of scum doesn't give a thirsty little girl water?

I know, and you still support her parents....

21,507 posts, read 10,632,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
faux news already blamed the parent,the caravan,democrats,cnn and are stirring the uninformed to give dummy all the tax dollars he wants for the wall Personally I will donate money to BUILDING TUNNELS UNDER THE WALL
Some nerve to call Fox News fake when it was CBS that implied the only people who helped this girl out were the ones to cause her death, and not the parent who willingly brought a child on a trek through the desert with no food or water.

52,430 posts, read 26,740,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF this is the case and she were immediately transported to Children's Hospital upon arrest - then I don't blame the border patrol.
IF she were left languishing for 8-10 hours while they tried to process a bunch of people - then I do.
That simple.
The so-called Moral Majority has always been a despicable group. THEY and their defense of allowing a 7 year old to die (IF that's what happened) - is all that is wrong with this country.
I want to know what that girl did for 8-10 hours after arrest. Was she given food? Water? Anything?

Not hardly. How many children now dead on Trump's watch in his tent cities?
There is something called care, custody, and control. That 7 year old was under the care, custody and control of the US Border patrol at the time of her death.

How they treated her in the 8-10 hours she was there - will determine if she was treated like a human being and died anyway; OR if she were left to die like an animal while no one lifted a finger to help her.

Deceased Migrant Girl’s Father Did Not Report Illness for 7 Hours, Says CBP

I keep saying you guys shouldn't keep letting WaPo telling you "Orange Man Bad". This proves it yet again. You sound quite angry. Blaming everyone except the ones at fault. The parent.s

Old 12-14-2018, 12:28 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,236,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Obviously, the parents are at primary fault. However, when US border patrol finds a child in the desert, the child's health should be evaluated and 8 hours should not pass and the child should not be near death before anyone notices. So primary fault...parents, but that does not absolve us of negligence. A child in the desert, who you KNOW has been wandering for days...it should be known that the child's health should have been evaluated immediately.

If an american citizen did this...yes, they would be arrested...however, if CPS takes in a child and doesn't notice things that should be obvious to evaluate for...they would also pay a price. When it comes to the welfare of children, we all have a responsibility.

What if they were evaluating other children?

If she went that fast, see was already so far dehydrated, nothing cold be done...no bags of IV, not at that point, your organs are shutting down....

Old 12-14-2018, 12:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,545,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean ~ did we not give that kid a drink of water during the 8 hours she was in custody??????????
Just an opinion based upon personal and anecdotal information:

Having wintered for 6 winters in the city of Yuma Az and spending the usual time visiting the border areas either ATV'ing or Harley riding to park in the indian owned parking lot at Algodonez and walking across for Mexican dinner, cheap alchohol, or leather goods shopping, I can attest to witnessing any number of border patrol/illegal entrant interchanges.

I've seen first hand groups of illegals numbering over twenty being "tended" to by Border Patrol agents who have secured them with zip-ties and are then hand holding bottled water to their mouths so they can each replenish lost hydration. They will often times continue to do this until the group is able to be transported to a detention center.

I've seen Border Patrol vehicles ordered up, arrive with flats of bottled water to distribute to these people. I've seen ambulances arrive, including helicopter EMT's land in the desert to treat the worst cases found by Border Patrol.
I've seen combative illegals having injured agents in fighting their capture arrive and be treated in the Emerge of Yuma General BEFORE the Border Patrol men got seen to for their injuries.

To accept the notion that something could have been done but wasn't is WRONG and requires you to think a whole agency staffed with the usual cross section of Americans has lost it's moral compass.

Patently false and impossible.

This child is a victim of firstly; her parent/s poor judgement, the lack of understanding of what desert heat and dryness does to the human body, especially small ones who are expending great energy traipsing through the wilderness of rough, hard and uneven ground.

She is also a victim of any number of governments who treat their citizens as so much fodder in their quest for their personal gain. While Honduras, Guatemala, and Columbia etc., are first and foremost among those ………...Mexico..are you listening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies