Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 08:36 AM

53,057 posts, read 34,841,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Nah, they were considered illegally entering when they were caught having entered illegally in New Mexico.

Posted a lie here, GotHereQuickAsICould. The article clearly states:

A 7-year-old girl from Guatemala died of dehydration and shock after she was taken into Border Patrol custody last week for crossing from Mexico into the United States illegally with her father and a large group of migrants along a remote span of New Mexico desert, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday.
thanks for correcting another Quicky fabrication.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:37 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,966,183 times
So poor people from Honduras, walking to seek asylum in the U.S .are supposed to keep track of interim orders established a month ago?

From what I read, they turned themselves in to four CBP agents and asked for asylum, which is indeed legal.

Regardless of the interim order, and their legal or illegal status, providing water seems a small enough kindness to be be extended from four government officials.

I am stunned that people believe it is fine and dandy to let little girls die from lack of water.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:40 AM

14,249 posts, read 4,635,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You answered you own question with your own post...some how you are not able to even understand:

You have been a complete troll in this thread, are you proud?
that is a good point.

How did the girl not have any food & water for days?

That means her dad did not have water/food longer than her.....unless he stole all her food & water to save himself?

Human body can go on for days or weeks without food, but you will be dead within a day or two without water, especially in a unforgiving desert.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:43 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,689,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So poor people from Honduras, walking to seek asylum in the U.S .are supposed to keep track of interim orders established a month ago?

From what I read, they turned themselves in to four CBP agents and asked for asylum, which is indeed legal.

Regardless of the interim order, and their legal or illegal status, providing water seems a small enough kindness to be be extended from four government officials.

I am stunned that people believe it is fine and dandy to let little girls die from lack of water.
Please post the link to your article stating this since the articles the rest of us read said they had illegally entered and were picked up in the desert in NM.

You don't know that water wasn't offered. The article never stated that. It said she didn't have food or water for 8 hours - and with a fever of 105 degrees - it's not abnormal to refuse food and drink. That's why people are hospitalized and put on an IV when they're that ill.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:43 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,054,432 times
I would suggest everyone read this: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/us/gu...ine/index.html

It has a good timeline.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:44 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,245,320 times
Quote:

Why not? They had cell phones and all...

Quote:

The problem is, the crossed the border illegally, then when they were caught....which is indeed illegal...

Quote:

She was to far gone, this has been explained to you several times....comprehension problems?

Quote:

Nobody believes it's fine and dandy for a little girl to die from lack of water.

What people are stunned about in this thread is that you blame the BP, not a single instance have you blamed the parents. You have even stated that the parents have not given the little girl water for days, and you have not blamed them one single time in this thread...that is the sad part about all your posts....

Old 12-15-2018, 08:44 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,254,884 times
Quote:

From what I read, they turned themselves in to four CBP agents and asked for asylum.

I am amazed that people think it is fine and dandy to let little girls die from lack of water, regardless of the rules.
No, I'm not fine with the little girl dying. But the cause was solely the fault of her father, not our government's. And just because a migrant has a baby or young child with them is no reason for them to to the front of the line for permission to come into our country.

The poor people in Honduras should just stay in Honduras. They can't just move to the US willy-nilly because they feel like it. We have millions of US citizens in dire need due to homelessness, poverty, medical and mental issues... we need to help them first over anyone from Central America that is lacking the funds to buy their own iPhone.

And we certainly don't want to create anymore DACA's. Our public school budgets are over the top, so we certainly don't need the children of illegals to add to the costs.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:48 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,245,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I would suggest everyone read this: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/us/gu...ine/index.html

It has a good timeline.

Very good timeline, this should shut some people up in this thread....

Old 12-15-2018, 08:50 AM

5,127 posts, read 2,607,789 times
Quote:
Sounds like Congress is going to look into the matter, so perhaps we'll get some straight answers.

Fingers crossed.

terrible idea...Congress should not be wasting resources on a trivial matter such as this. In before some brainchild tries to troll me with "the death of a 7 year old is a 'trivial' matter to you?" trying to over dramatize this. It is trivial, parents leave the child at home--then the probability of ending up near US Border Patrol agents falls to nearly 0.

Food for thought(bad pun I know)--a human can live longer than 8 hours without water.

Quote:
Poor people from Honduras are not the responsibility of the US.

Quote:
That is not fine and dandy, Why are you not upset with the parents for putting the poor girl in that situation?

Quote:
Can I also go to Border Agents and get free food and water, perhaps Id get directed to the nearest 7-11?

Last edited by tripleh; 12-15-2018 at 08:59 AM..

Old 12-15-2018, 08:50 AM

14,249 posts, read 4,635,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

It has a good timeline.
So even Clinton News Network admitted that BP was not responsible for her death because they did everything they could to save the girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies