Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 09:47 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,630,975 times

Advertisements

Ugly as hell but Im betting comfy.

Dont we just call that a Snuggie anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 09:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,746,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness though, (not like I adore any Christian politicians, politicians are all the same to me lol) I don't think any Christians would announce to the media that, "lookie lookie, I'd wear my cross when sworn into congress." lol

If you want to wear that gown, go for it. Why bother announcing it? lol Announcing she would wear some kind of clothes on a particular day makes her look like a drama queen, just saying. Plus, wearing that gown has nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with her cultural origin.

Plus, not sure why do some of you have to turn every thread into a Christian bashing thread. This has nothing to do with Christians or Christianity. I am a Christian myself, and I don't wear any crosses, nor do I hate Muslims. Live and let live.
Given the way people overreact to everything these days, the OP is likely based on someone simply asking this woman what she planned to wear for her swearing in as one might in passing conversation.

Of course, in these incendiary times, her answer has to be turned in something when it should be no more newsworthy than what color suit or tie her male counterparts plan to wear at their swearing-ins.
But, such are the times in which we live.

To state that some people wear crosses without comment is not "bashing" particularly in response to someone else whining about this woman "broadcasting" her religion.

To perceive it as such is, well, interesting.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:55 AM

39,328 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Given the way people overreact to everything these days, the OP is likely based on someone simply asking this woman what she planned to wear for her swearing in as one might in passing conversation.

Of course, in these incendiary times, her answer has to be turned in something when it should be no more newsworthy than what color suit or tie her male counterparts plan to wear at their swearing-ins.
But, such are the times in which we live.

To state that some people wear crosses without comment is not "bashing" particularly in response to someone else whining about this woman "broadcasting" her religion.

To perceive it as such is, well, interesting.
well, Not sure why do you have to mention "cross" and "Christianity" then, seems off topic.

Plus, her gown has nothing to do with her religion, it has everything to do with her cultural origin.

dude, if she was a pro-Israel politician, my reaction would have been exactly the same. Keep your personal opinion to yourself and stop working for other country when you are an American politician. My tax dollars won't support a politician who works for a foreign country/government, period.

Go back to your (general term) own country and support your own people, then you would be a hero.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 AM

702 posts, read 542,102 times
Quote:
Personally, I support both Palestinians and Israel. They need to figure things out themselves. I don't need an American politician who works for other countries, PERIOD.
Quote:
A pro-Palestinian congress woman vs Pro-Israel lobby. Here comes the American politics. So pathetic!

When it comes to Israeli–Palestinian conflict, I support both. They both deserve to survive and exist. But American politicians should stay out of it, sheesh.

The U.S. provides Israel with $3 billion a year in military aid, and Israel uses some of that money for its ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. It's absolutely an appropriate issue for American politicians to address.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:07 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,923,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Muslim wants to flaunt her religion for attention. No big deal we know they are here. Its not going to put a dent in bacon sales. For what its worth all of congress can take the oath of office on a BLT as long as they don't use white bread. That would be racist.
Culture , race and religion are three distinct things.

Sliced white bread out of a bag is boring and common.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
The U.S. provides Israel with $3 billion a year in military aid, and Israel uses some of that money for its ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. It's absolutely an appropriate issue for American politicians to address.
well, which is why I believe Taxpayers should decide how their money is spent. I don't want my tax dollars to be used for Israel or Palestinians. I think they need to figure things out themselves.

Pro Israel and Pro Palestinian politicians are equally pathetic to me. So she seems like a drama queen to me.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,105,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
I absolutely agree. When the U.S. starts sending Palestine $3 billion a year in aid then we'll talk. As of right now, there is no comparison between our treatment of Israel and our treatment of the Palestinians, and anyone who puts the two in the same bucket is being willfully dishonest.

I am sick of the Israeli lobby fleecing the U.S. taxpayers year after year after year. We can't afford universal healthcare in this country, but we can support a country that does enjoy that benefit, in part by using our money to do so.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I absolutely agree. When the U.S. starts sending Palestine $3 billion a year in aid then we'll talk. As of right now, there is no comparison between our treatment of Israel and our treatment of the Palestinians, and anyone who puts the two in the same bucket is being willfully dishonest.
I put the two in the same buckets and I am brutally honest.

So you can keep your darn snarky comment to yourself.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:24 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,105,231 times
Quote:
I put the two in the same buckets and I am brutally honest.

So you can keep your darn snarky comment to yourself.
Brutally honest would be to admit that the Israeli lobby successfully fleeces the U.S. taxpayers for upwards of $3 billion a year. The Palestinians do not enjoy such American support. So no, the two are not remotely equal.

Nothing snarky about pointing that out.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Brutally honest would be to admit that the Israeli lobby successfully fleeces the U.S. taxpayers for upwards of $3 billion a year. The Palestinians do not enjoy such American support. So no, the two are not remotely equal.

Nothing snarky about pointing that out.
Brutally honest would be to admit that ANY politicians who use American resources to support another country should be voted OUT!

All of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies