Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 04:31 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Calling it as I see it. The three things that have gotten to me are 1) the huge turnover in his staff 2) the fact that the Trump Foundation is shut down. I've railed against the Clinton Foundation for years, and it's stunning to me that they found enough BS in Trump's Foundation that it actually got shut down before the Clinton Foundation did. and 3) Cohen goes to prison for 3 years for basically doing Trump's work.
Well, assuming your conclusion is correct that the Clinton foundation is corrupt and should be shut down, it still doesn’t surprise me that the Trump Foundation was shuttered first. Because the Clinton Foundation is involved in lots of legitimate charitable work. Therefore, assuming they’re corrupt, it’s easier to hide. The Trump Foundation on the other hand is an easier target because it’s likely an outright sham that does little to no actual charity.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Trump was the right guy at the right time. He was possibly the only R candidate in '16 that could have beaten Hillary, and he did just that. You can call it Russian collusion if you want, you can say it was an act of God, whatever makes you happy. As a guy who can't stand politicians and wanted to see a businessman running things since Perot back in 1992, I had no choice but to vote for him. And he's gotten some good things done despite relentless media attacks and the "RESIST" movement started the day after he was elected by the sore losers.

But he's done. Trump isn't going to be around in 2020 to run again. There are too many of his staff in trouble or in prison. Too many scandals, too much shady behavior. Trump's Foundation was just shut down for Pete's sake and you can't blame the media for that one. Chris Matthews predicted Trump will resign within a few weeks and that prediction might just happen.

I'm throwing in the towel. Give me Mark Cuban next time around, and I don't care which party he runs under. Only thing is, Cuban is too smart to give up the life he has to be president. So it will probably be back to the usual assortment of Crooked Clintons and Low Energy Jebs the next time around. This country deserves what it gets.
I am really surprised that you said that!

Old 12-19-2018, 04:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Well, assuming your conclusion is correct that the Clinton foundation is corrupt and should be shut down, it still doesn’t surprise me that the Trump Foundation was shuttered first. Because the Clinton Foundation is involved in lots of legitimate charitable work. Therefore, assuming they’re corrupt, it’s easier to hide. The Trump Foundation on the other hand is an easier target because it’s likely an outright sham that does little to no actual charity.
^Yes, total sham. And what a hoot that Trump is banned from serving on boards of directors for charities. The President of the United States is too corrupt and untrustworthy to work for any charities. Unbelievable.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the only person more arrogant than Trump is Mark Cuban.
Well, every American experiment sets a precedent.
If Mark Cuban is a thorough crook it will come out.

At the very least trump family will serve as a warning.
If it s illegal it 'll come out. Dont run. Dont try and fool America.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That has got to be one of the most astonishing moments in our history.

A woman with walnuts for eyes could see what was going on there.

It was so clear the he'd sold out, that it is surprising Trump wasn't finished at that moment.
Exactly!

Old 12-19-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
All presidents have always been villified and most of them ignore it, otherwise, a response back only eggs it on more which is what Trump got back. That is an old lesson most of us learned in elementary school.

From Reagen to Clinton to Obama, they have all been hand drawn by artists in a derogatory way to media skits that demonize them in order to get a rise out of them yet they publically ignored it because only feeds it more otherwise.

Trump on the other hand cannot wait to get on twitter to comment on it publically to millions of people and then act surprised when it feeds back on itself.

There is an old saying I heard years ago and as time goes on is proven more true every day.

1/3 of the people will dislike you, another 1/3 will like you and the last 1/3 will not give a crap either way.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:11 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,457 times
So he’s done because you say so, OP? Ok then. LOL.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
As a Democrat, I really hope trump is around for 2020. He’s singlehandedly rebuilding the party.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:25 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Maybe the next axe murderer will have a better disposition.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:31 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fQHfRJvjew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies