Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2019, 07:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,457,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've been on toll roads. No you don't.

I fail to understand how that is even a better system. Plus you didn't answer as to what happens when a section goes belly up.
None of the answers to a specific inquiry will suffice for you because the State's omnipotence is so entrenched in your brain the thought of something "working" as well or better than how the State does it now is too scary to ponder.

Think about this fedguv shutdown. How is it possible that we are in day 17/18/whatever and the sky hasn't fallen yet?

I mean...if the government is essential to maintaining law and order how come babies aren't being raped in the streets? I thought we needed each and everything the government provides. We the people elect the reps, they put the laws/regulations/systems in place to make the world go around, and that's why we pay taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Also, aren't you from Cuyahoga County pknopp?

You can zip through EZ Pass if you want on the turnpike. I know this for a fact as I did it on accident once in Streetsboro and got a fine in the mail.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:16 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,422,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
None of the answers to a specific inquiry will suffice for you because the State's omnipotence is so entrenched in your brain the thought of something "working" as well or better than how the State does it now is too scary to ponder.
You already noted that you have no answers so...........

Quote:
Think about this fedguv shutdown. How is it possible that we are in day 17/18/whatever and the sky hasn't fallen yet?

I mean...if the government is essential to maintaining law and order how come babies aren't being raped in the streets? I thought we needed each and everything the government provides. We the people elect the reps, they put the laws/regulations/systems in place to make the world go around, and that's why we pay taxes.
Law and order is still being enforced. Why do you think it's not?

Old 01-09-2019, 07:19 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,422,124 times
Quote:
Also, aren't you from Cuyahoga County pknopp?
I was born there. Heading west through the tolls you have to stop. Even those with Easy Pass have to slow down.

Quote:
You can zip through EZ Pass if you want on the turnpike. I know this for a fact as I did it on accident once in Streetsboro and got a fine in the mail.
Which is the system being promoted for everything.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
You already noted that you have no answers so...........

Law and order is still being enforced. Why do you think it's not?
I have plenty of answers.

But having the answers isn't the relative part of the conversation. Whether I have the best answer or not is immaterial to the fact that I don't have the right to force it down your throat at gunpoint.

You probably have some good ideas yourself despite being a lowly statist.

Too bad you choose the gun instead of letting the marketplace of free individuals using free will get things done.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I was born there. Heading west through the tolls you have to stop. Even those with Easy Pass have to slow down.

Which is the system being promoted for everything.
I blew through EZ pass in Streetsboro in 2016. You can do it on the PA pike as well going from YTown to the Pittsburgh airport.

I'll yield on I-80 from Cleveland to Toledo. Haven't been on that part in many many years. I can't imagine it would be any different though.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:27 PM

26,692 posts, read 14,638,284 times
Quote:
I blew through EZ pass in Streetsboro in 2016. You can do it on the PA pike as well going from YTown to the Pittsburgh airport.

I'll yield on I-80 from Cleveland to Toledo. Haven't been on that part in many many years. I can't imagine it would be any different though.
Not entirely correct. It can easily done without having to have EZ pass.

The company responsible for the local roads pays the company responsible for the municipal roads and so on and so forth.

The consumers would just pay the local company.

The same way how the internet works.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:29 PM

16,109 posts, read 6,450,877 times
Liberals: The Dude
Conservatives: Walter
Libertarians: Nihilists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_29yvYpf4w

Old 01-09-2019, 07:34 PM

45,365 posts, read 26,640,658 times
Quote:
I've been on toll roads. No you don't.
That is is how it is done in Illinois, I didnt claim to be familiar with the toll roads you've traveled and you aren't familiar with the illinois sytem.

Quote:
I fail to understand how that is even a better system.
better than what?
Quote:
Plus you didn't answer as to what happens when a section goes belly up.
You didnt ask me, but you take an alternative route

Old 01-09-2019, 07:36 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,962,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Would you think you can pick one to discuss?
Would it, or does it matter? When it invariably reverts back to or devolves into 'roads'. Sheeesh.

The classic 'libertarian dilemma': replacing jacka$$es with unicorns doesn't have the tendency to be a workable problem-solving alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies