Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who should be credited for the biggest one day gain in history?
Obama 3 6.25%
Trump 20 41.67%
the FED 4 8.33%
Smart Investors 26 54.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 04:05 AM

17,629 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
None, but I can read and have common sense.
Of course you do. That's why you support a party that believes there are 50 different genders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 04:08 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Because of Obama or Trump?

This is a multiple choice poll children. Feel free to choose one or all.

A reasoned response to your choice(s) would be welcomed.

Mine is Trump and smart investors. I have openly stated that this would be a huge fire sale and that you should have invested in this downturn. Nearly 1 TRILLION in retail sales in less than 2 months. A staggering record because of our strong economy.

Sorry if that flew over your heads.

The 401k isn't looking as bad as it did 3 days ago, eh? Oh wait, you sold out to cut your losses? OOPS, sucks to be you.
Haaar! Taking glee in others travails, with a cheap shot thrown in for good measure………….sucks to be you.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:09 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Pure deflection.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:40 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
If the markets are down today, which futures are pointing to, will it become the Dems' fault again? The mental gymnastics must be exhausting.

And yeah, I'm thrilled with the drops as some posters indicated. I just love the fact that my son's college fund is down now that he's a sophomore in high school. Not even checking my 401K, IRA's, or mutual funds for a while. Yep tickled pink.

Morons.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:50 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
If the markets are down today, which futures are pointing to, will it become the Dems' fault again? The mental gymnastics must be exhausting.

And yeah, I'm thrilled with the drops as some posters indicated. I just love the fact that my son's college fund is down now that he's a sophomore in high school. Not even checking my 401K, IRA's, or mutual funds for a while. Yep tickled pink.

Morons.
Actually if you are not checking your accounts, researching things, and making some changes --- if you are just sitting around doing nothing and hoping for the best, then it is you who is acting moronic. Put half your money in cash / treasuries as a starting point. Free advice.

The information is out there if you are willing to put in the time.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:52 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Actually if you are not checking your accounts, researching things, and making some changes --- if you are just sitting around doing nothing and hoping for the best, then it is you who is acting moronic. Put half your money in cash / treasuries as a starting point. Free advice.

The information is out there if you are willing to put in the time.
I'm gonna take s guess you don't work in finance.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:54 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Dead cat bounce. Hoping the bounce was also testing the bottom. We could use some plain old boring +/- very little for a few months.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I don`t remember him doing that but feel free to refresh my memory.
September 2018 - Trump in office for almost 2 years -- this fool is up there blabbering to his peeps that he's responsible for the strong economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgdkoQI9gwQ

Old 12-27-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'm gonna take s guess you don't work in finance.
Business degree but no I am not a financial advisor. No worries - most of those guys aren't anything more than salesmen. Give me analysts. Give me what Peter Lynch says, Warren Buffett, Jim Cramer (yes I am a fan). Those 3 guys are all you need, along with some do it yourself work.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:01 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Because of Obama or Trump?

This is a multiple choice poll children. Feel free to choose one or all.

A reasoned response to your choice(s) would be welcomed.

Mine is Trump and smart investors. I have openly stated that this would be a huge fire sale and that you should have invested in this downturn. Nearly 1 TRILLION in retail sales in less than 2 months. A staggering record because of our strong economy.

Sorry if that flew over your heads.

The 401k isn't looking as bad as it did 3 days ago, eh? Oh wait, you sold out to cut your losses? OOPS, sucks to be you.
Trump's constant tweets regarding the Fed, Stock Market, Tariffs, China and other issues have caused market destabilsation and have caused turbulance in the market place.

Markets like certainty and Trump is so unpredictable that is tweets are causing chaos.

It's intersting to note that he hasn't tweeted much about the economy over the Christmas Period and this has actually helped the markets.

As for the trillion in retail sales, how much was on-line and how much was in relation to imports.

Every Time Trump Tweets About the Stock Market - Bloomberg

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies