Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 05:15 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Earl and the night manager just got canned:

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...rom-hotel.html

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Seeing the vibe the guy gave off, it most likely did. I've lived in both Baltimore and New Orleans, I've been exposed to plenty of people like this. This guy has a very ghetto vibe from the video, just saying.
^Ridiculous assertion.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:32 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
all of this could have been avoided if the guest simply had said -- hold on to his caller, and simply told the hotel personnel his name and room number. What a jerk.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:04 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
all of this could have been avoided if the guest simply had said -- hold on to his caller, and simply told the hotel personnel his name and room number. What a jerk.
This.
I'd guess the two people fired who were working nights were probably putting in long,unsocial hours to support their families.
And then this cretin gets them fired.
Hopefully he'll find his comeuppance later in life when a prospective employer looks into his social media background and sees what an a-hole he is.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:11 AM

672 posts, read 443,197 times
If Earl and the manager weren't racist before they probably are now.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:23 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He was sitting there talking on the phone with his room key in his hand. He was a paying guest who had done nothing wrong besides sit in the lobby while black. Fail. And may all the racists connected with this incident starve in the street.

Security in hotels generally watches corridors on CCTV and they usually don't stop anyone unless they have reasonable grounds, and this is especially the case in relation to big chains such as Hilton.

Sitting in an area and making a phone call is not grounds for demanding someones room number and other details.

Apparently he couldn't remember his room number.

They should have just gone back to their CCTV Control room and monitored his activities if they were suspicious rather than become confrontational for no reason at all.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He was sitting there talking on the phone with his room key in his hand. He was a paying guest who had done nothing wrong besides sit in the lobby while black. Fail. And may all the racists connected with this incident starve in the street.
No he was not sitting there with his room key in his hand. He didn't show his room key to anyone till the manager showed up. He said he was a guest but he didn't know what room he was staying in, and he became annoyed and told the security guard to leave him alone because he was on the phone. That being said, he DID have his room key, with the room number on the packet, in his pocket, which he COULD have pulled out at any time to show he was a guest, but he didn't do that till the situation had escalated.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:01 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
So,a rude guest who escalated a situation has now got two people fired.
I hope he's happy.
I wonder if he'll ever learn any manners or just high-five the bros for making two hard-working people unemployed.
If I saw him with his feet up on my furniture I'd kick his ass out of the door.
Wearing a dinner jacket does not mean you can polish a turd.

They got themselves fired for being idiots. You don't kick out guest staying at your hotel.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:10 AM

27,568 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Sitting in an area and making a phone call is not grounds for demanding someones room number and other details.

Apparently he couldn't remember his room number.
I always assumed that hotel lobbies were open to hotel guests and non-guests alike. People are coming in and going out of hotels all the time.

It does seem strange for hotel security to ask for a person’s room number unless they had a reasonable suspicion he was up to no good.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:12 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Pretty sure millions of black men sit in hotel lobbies across this country of 330 million people every day without incident.

It's 2019. Enough with your garbage logic.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:14 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I’m sure there are cases where stupid things happen to people of other races but they ain’t clickbait.
Yeah...most whites were enslaved in America in the early 1800’s too, but there was a liberal conspiracy to only record the history of black enslavement in the US. Facts. Look it up on “ what really happened.com”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies