Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 06:09 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Another person that didn't read the OP's linked article. No one is missing a paycheck. They simply aren't getting a 2.1% raise.
We are not getting a cost-of-living raise. There is nothing simple about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 06:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I know several government workers, and not one of them works a full week. One "works" from home 4 days a week, another "works" from home 3 days a week, and the other "works" from home 2 days a week. In other words, the MOST any of them have to work is 3 days a week, and they all earn $120k - $145k.

They run all sorts of errands, go shopping, watch their kids at soccer games, even go to the movies. And get this: One of them actually told me that if I want to chit-chat to please call her during the telework day (when she's at home) rather than during the evening when she's relaxing on her own time. How crazy is that?
Your anecdotal stories mean nothing but I can provide one also. My son in law has PTSD. Was in Iraq and watched his mates get killed. Saw many others take their lives once they got back.

The government (all of us) broke these people for no good reason whatsoever. Because of his status as a vet he was able to get a government job. Because of his PTSD he was allowed to work from home at times. He made nowhere near what you claim but is this not something we should provide to those we broke?

Old 12-29-2018, 06:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I know several government workers, and not one of them works a full week. One "works" from home 4 days a week, another "works" from home 3 days a week, and the other "works" from home 2 days a week. In other words, the MOST any of them have to work is 3 days a week, and they all earn $120k - $145k.

They run all sorts of errands, go shopping, watch their kids at soccer games, even go to the movies. And get this: One of them actually told me that if I want to chit-chat to please call her during the telework day (when she's at home) rather than during the evening when she's relaxing on her own time. How crazy is that?
Sure ya do.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:24 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Another person that didn't read the OP's linked article. No one is missing a paycheck. They simply aren't getting a 2.1% raise.
Not quite correct. They're making nothing while the government is shutdown. Any checks that were paid were for work done before the shutdown.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:49 PM

20,122 posts, read 9,036,439 times
you'll get your COLA, lose the hysterics.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:39 PM

4,258 posts, read 3,179,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
So let's see the numbers for kicks...

200 million registered voters
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...ca-2016-229993

58% of them showed up to vote
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...2016-elections

And about half voted for Trump. So he is president, yes, but it's not like a majority of registered voters chose him or anything, to be precise.
I believe that has been true for MOST presidents! Perhaps more "registered" voters should actually vote.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:45 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Take my money that I earned. Damn straight I'm an authority.

It's not hard to understand. But you have to have actually worked a real job to "get it".

Only an overpaid, under worked, entitled government worker would think otherwise.
Actually, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:48 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Taking measures for pushing for approval for funding the building of a wall is hardly forgetting "the people".
Which people?
His 40% #Cult45# base?

Old 12-29-2018, 08:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I hate this so much. I thought Individual 1 claimed the economy is great. Why is he doing this to us? I know he cares about only those who sing him praises, but there are some of his loony fans in the fed, too!
It's about value. Big spenders love to give the peoples money away.

Quote:
When Obama did it, it sucked, but at least he was working to dig us out of the mess GWB made of the economy.
lol Your agenda driven glasses need cleaning.

Quote:
What I1 is doing makes exactly no sense.
GWB didn't wreck the economy.
Once again your post doesn't care about the facts.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:55 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yup. Cut their pay 10% and layoff 20% of them. The USA would be much better off.

Trump is being very very good to them.
LAWL

Not going to happen Kitty.

BTW, Thanks for paying my salary when I was a FED. I enjoyed every wonderful dollar of it. And there was nothing you could do about it. As a matter of fact, there is nothing you can do about my generous FED Retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies