Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 10:28 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You may find the following link interesting if you are even able to read it with an open mind:

https://cis.org/Feere/Media-Mislead-...ut-Border-Wall
Excerpts from the link:
Specifically, Pew asks: "All in all, would you favor or oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico?" According to Pew, 61 percent of Americans oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico.
then this:
A more accurate headline would be: "Americans Don't Support a Wall Across the Entire Southern Border and Still May Support Trump's 1,000-Mile Wall, but We Just Don't Know Because Pew Didn't Ask
-------------------------------------
I've never seen anyone in all these various "wall' threads say that they want a continuous wall from San Diego to Brownsville. Those of us who want a wall recognize the fact that there are areas along the border that are impossible to navigate. Thus, no wall will be needed there.
Other pollsters didn't phrase the question like that but got the same results, how do you explain that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 10:34 PM

447 posts, read 208,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It actually was smart for Pelosi to cancel the State of the Union.

Obviously Trump doesn't care about 800,000 people without paychecks. He thinks that the 'grocery stores' are working with them.

But he DOES care about getting in front of that camera and the adoring applause he'll get at the SOTU address so perhaps this will speed up the negotiation process and end the shutdown.
Narcissits need that. Its like breathing air. If not, you might as well throw water on him and see him melt like the Wicked Witch.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:36 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
no way in hell now, today he lost 70% of his base, cant even win his own primary. as a trump supporter, I have no use for him. Hillary just won 2020
I've been reading some right wing sites, and you're right, he lost many of his supporters today. Their anger and sense of betrayal is off the charts. Many are likening this to Bush Sr.'s "Read my lips" moment. Like you, a lot are saying they're done with him.

Trump destroyed his presidency today.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Could be all part of his master plan to lose in 2020 and just go back to his previous life!
We can only hope! Get back in your lane and stay there.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I've been reading some right wing sites, and you're right, he lost many of his supporters today. Their anger and sense of betrayal is off the charts. Many are likening this to Bush Sr.'s "Read my lips" moment. Like you, a lot are saying they're done with him.

Actually, he destroyed it when he said he'd be proud to shut the government down, and then did it. His lack of an exit strategy was glaringly obvious.

Also, he seems to have genuinely believed his own hype - that most voters supported him on this. They didn't before the shutdown, and they sure don't now.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
no way in hell now, today he lost 70% of his base, cant even win his own primary. as a trump supporter, I have no use for him. Hillary just won 2020
You supported Trump the racketeer and swindler because you preferred an archaic wall over a more effective and technologically sound approach to border security? That you trusted a proven liar and grifter is even more amazing. This nation is screwed if there are many like you even if Trump is dumped tomorrow. Just wow!

Old 01-25-2019, 10:47 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's exactly what happened.

Republican Senators were crossing over and voting with Democrats.

McConnell made it clear at a Republican gathering that he was not impressed with this shutdown showdown. Then he arranged for this to be "leaked."

"There's no education in being kicked a second time by a mule," or something very close to that.

Trump was on the way to getting spanked by McConnell as well as Pelosi.
Keep in mind, Trump humiliated McConnell in December when he gave his word then reneged. That's why he was pretty much letting the senators mind themselves. I doubt that Mitch likes Nancy, but I do think that he respects her. Years ago I remember a conversation that I heard on TV. It might have been someone talking to Johnny Carson. The conversation meandered and ended up being about the Democrats in the House. The person who brought it up said that he wouldn't want the Speaker's job for all the money in the world because keeping all of those Democrats in line was like herding cats.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
Meanwhile, back in reality land. Trump got stuck in his wet depends after being schooled by Nancy.
"Clean up in the Oval Office. Sarah? Kellyanne? Oh good, Mike's here. We always knew you'd be good for something."

Old 01-25-2019, 10:49 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
That's basically her negotiating strategy, "just say no", nothing brilliant or calculating about it. She didn't ask for anything--she basically listened to small cadre of illegal immigrant advocates who told her to resist the wall at all costs, no matter what.
She played him, and walked away with everything she wanted while he slunk away with absolutely nothing. Judging by the comments on a lot of right wing sites tonight, he did some serious damage to his base. A lot of them are abandoning him over this capitulation. His political obituary will read, He Caved to Pelosi. I like the sound of that.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:49 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Probably, but one thing is all but certain - tomorrow will see a Trump tweetstorm "like never seen before" (as Trump likes to say) as the Great Pumpkin rails that he did not "cave".

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies