Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 02:56 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Mortality and fertility are inversely related. In other words, high rates of fertility happens in nations and among people with higher rates of mortality. The wealthier nations and people become, the lower their rates of fertility. Hence, higher fertility is natures defense to assure the continuation of the blood line and or species, to high mortality threats. It might seem counter intuitive for the poorest countries pr the poor of a country to have the highest rate of fertility, but its intuitive for nature.

If you want to lower fertility rates and or births out of wedlock, you do that buy investing in poor peoples future, especially the young. Nothing seems to reduce birth rates like wealth. Promote the spread of wealth to poor people and these issues resolve themselves.
Or mandatory birth control for those who are under the age of 25 and unmarried. It could never happen, but that would be a lot more useful than handing out wealth to the poor.

And btw, how do you explain what happens when a poor person wins a lottery and blows through their winnings after a few short years and returns to being impoverished? Or all those professional athletes from poor backgrounds who got big buck contracts, lived large during their working years, but ended up completely broke after they left the sports arenas?

So clearly making a lot of money isn't the cure for having a broken culture and lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 11:03 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The only ones they should be paying is teenage girls to not get pregnant. Every month they stay childless pay them a thousand bucks until they turn 21. If they use if for college or vocational school make it $1500.
So, extortion. Pay me to do what's right and best for myself or else.

I'll pass.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:08 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Mortality and fertility are inversely related. In other words, high rates of fertility happens in nations and among people with higher rates of mortality. The wealthier nations and people become, the lower their rates of fertility. Hence, higher fertility is natures defense to assure the continuation of the blood line and or species, to high mortality threats. It might seem counter intuitive for the poorest countries pr the poor of a country to have the highest rate of fertility, but its intuitive for nature.

If you want to lower fertility rates and or births out of wedlock, you do that buy investing in poor peoples future, especially the young. Nothing seems to reduce birth rates like wealth. Promote the spread of wealth to poor people and these issues resolve themselves.
First your confusing fertility with birth rate.
Second your interchanging nature with hegemony.

Humans can control their reproduction, as well have some controlling factors over mortality and thus are not completely subject to outside natural forces.
I would say promote the reduction of birth rates among the poor and monetary issues will resolve themselves.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Congresswomen Lee should use that post as a reason why blacks need reparations in 2019
congresswoman lee is just stupid enough to rely on an anonymous web post as a solid 'reason' for reparations.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:53 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Yes I know, America doesn't care that it is built on theft.
Your education (or upbringing) failed you. You will grow old angry and no better for it.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:56 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
#1: Affirmative action also applies to other minorities.

#2: Access to welfare system, Section 8 and SNAP programs are not reparations since again any American can use those programs too.

#3: "They also got Obama as a president for eight years"...What the hell is this supposed to mean? That they should be satisfied because a black man got elected President mostly by whites? Somehow that is a form of reparations?

That's actually how Democrats viewed Obama's election. Getting even. Sad.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:05 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,047,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Again, I don't owe the descendants of black slave ANYTHING. And it was Chinese immigrant men who built and died for the construction of the Trans Continental Railroad. And we had to deal with the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882. And women were late in being allowed to vote in the US.

However, despite what my ancestors in America and past American women had to deal with... the Chinese community and the female community in the US are two high functioning groups of people. So what is the excuse for blacks????

And all the money in the world can't fix the problems in the black community... that is really all up to them. The ghetto culture is a broken dysfunctional one, yet the black community stubbornly embraces it and treats it as precious and a symbol of rebelling against the "man".

And btw, I see that the quote for the congresswoman is that the reparations would be to "repair some of the damage" caused by slavery... which means that more demands will follow.

Anyway, I am so glad not to be a member of a group that loves its victimhood so much. I'd be very embarrassed and ashamed to be connected to it.

Can you imagine how much "tolerance" this one would have experienced growing up in the hood?

The activities & experiences he would have be "included" in, courtesy of the homies (no pun intended).

Magic Johnson's son E.J. Turns Heads With His Shocking Dressing And Latest Fashion

Last edited by kovert; 02-20-2019 at 02:14 PM..

Old 02-20-2019, 02:52 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Sixty percent of NBA players go broke within five years of departing the league.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
This is insane...but I knew this is the road we are heading down. The left are collectively batsh--.

And the sick and crazy part is...SJWs are going to sign on to all of this disgusting guilt we are supposed to feel.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
This is insane...but I knew this is the road we are heading down. The left are collectively batsh--.

And the sick and crazy part is...SJWs are going to sign on to all of this disgusting guilt we are supposed to feel.

And the right so anxious to inject government into peoples' sex lives isn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies