Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2019, 05:18 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,694,870 times

Advertisements

What percentage of blackness do I need to get some of this government money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 05:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ed-by-slavery/

How would reparations work? If you pay the present generation to atone for the sins of the past, what about upcoming generations? Will they get a piece of the action as well? Is this a forever thing?

This whole racial grievance industry, is actually about a forceful redistribution of wealth. There will never be reparations in the form of monetary awards.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:53 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Agreed! It's also kind of interesting to note the the Black race is the oldest race on record, with the oldest civilizations, and they ruled the lands for thousands of years. They already had mass advantages over all other races. And, it's also interesting to note that it was the Arab and Black Moors that invaded Europe and enslaved the European white people for about 600-700 years before they were finally overthrown and kicked out. Maybe all that is happening today is some kind of karma being passed down from their own ancestors who might have done unthinkable atrocities.

Modern African slavery had been going on for 700+ years before the US got involved. Within 100 years we fought a civil war where where 700k White men died to free them. Shortly thereafter African slavery was abolished nearly everywhere on the planet. Maybe Black people should be a little more grateful?

Old 01-05-2019, 07:04 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What I was pointing out is that the GAP between blacks rates and white rates WERE CREATED DURING OPPRESSION. The fact that rates have risen since the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act is indicative of a change in AMERICAN culture in general.....and not the result of oppression. If the rates had remained flat for every group, except blacks, then it could be argue that the growth of the black rate, since legal oppression, was rooted in blacks. However, since the rates have grown for whites too, who are the "baseline" demographic, that points to the changes since the 60's not being a black issue but an American cultural issue.

One of the cornerstones of scientific methodology is that a theory should be reproducible. If you mix two chemical or elements together and produce a said reaction, then I should be able to mix the two chemical or elements together and get the same reaction. If I can't, then the theory does not hold water. Something else was going on in your experiment that is not accounted for. Ergo, if out of wedlock births are argued as a key cause of black socioeconomic inequality, then increasing rates of out of wedlock births in any population/race should produce the reaction of worsening socioeconomic (income, wealth poverty). However, whites have had a 6 fold increase in out of wedlock births....WITH IMPROVED SOCIOECONOMIC (income, wealth, poverty) for their collective!!!!
So are you excusing the out of wedlock behavior that continues today despite the $ already thrown at this problem since the 60's? Take more $ is your solution?

Old 01-05-2019, 07:08 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,964,561 times
Not one penny. Not now. Not ever.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:37 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So are you excusing the out of wedlock behavior that continues today despite the $ already thrown at this problem since the 60's? Take more $ is your solution?

I am not excusing as much as you are "accusing" it. What I am saying is that for blacks, the DIFFERENCE between the white rate and black rate was born from racial oppression. In other words, the REASON that black rates are multiple times higher than the white race (the multiple has actually reduced since the 60's) has to do with things that were going on during the era of legalized racial oppression. I am not saying that racial oppression is the cause of out of wedlock births among blacks, I am saying that differential between the black and white rate was caused as a consequence of racial oppression. That is not excusing out of wedlock births from being a cause of issues, although the big increase in out of wedlock births among whites since the 60's does not seem to have adversely impacted collective white economics.

That having been noted, I don't know what money has been thrown at the particular issue of out of wedlock births. Yes, efforts have been made to reduce teen pregnancies, and they are indeed greatly reduced from their peak. However, how you you spend money to prevent ADULTS from having children when they are not married? Many successful women, who happen to have not found the right mate, may decide to have a child without being married because her biological clock is ticking and she wants to have the child at an age of less risk, but also at an age where she is financially secure. As I said before, the women's rights movement has a lot to do with this. Now, women are able to earn good salaries on their own, which means that they do not need to get married for a husband to provide for her and her children. Thus, she may choose to have children out of wedlock as opposed to marrying someone who she really does not want to marry. Should that deprive a women of childbirth?

Old 01-06-2019, 09:46 AM

11,349 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Shiela Jackson Lee, quite possibly the most stupid elected rep there is. I normally won't attack someone's intelligence, but Lee is at about the same level as Forest Gump maybe a bit lower. The idiot wanted to know why the Mars rover didn't take photos of the flag the Apollo astronauts planted on Mars. She makes Trump's look like a genius.
Did some research and yep, she did say that.....freakin funny as hell.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:50 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
It's a travesty that reparations have never been paid out for slavery. Even so, I'm not sure how I feel about them being paid now...

Old 01-06-2019, 09:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ed-by-slavery/

How would reparations work? If you pay the present generation to atone for the sins of the past, what about upcoming generations? Will they get a piece of the action as well? Is this a forever thing?
This idea is going to over about as well as their idea to eliminate the electoral college.

If these people are looking for a civil war -- they are headed down the right path.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:09 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
NO.

Brown and Black people do not belong in white countries to begin with.

They have their own lands and that's where they belong.

White's ancestors were stupid. They never envisioned a society like this. They thought bringing over a few saves who would always be slaves or a few Asians to help build railroads was good for business.

This freak show was never envisioned.

But you know who did envision it?

The Jew. And their control of the monetary system made it happen.

Black people were not brought over to "white lands". This was NATIVE AMERICAN land. You invited yourselves to other races land.....that is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies