Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump's Bedminster Golf Resort in New Jersey has now had five employees come forward. They've alleged that senior management at the Trump property knowingly hired illegals, and removed their names from a list of employees to be vetted by the Secret Service.

Trump supporters HATE illegal immigrants, which is why they want that "big, beautiful wall," to keep the illegals out. Yet Trump businesses continue to hire illegals, but his supporters remain silent on this

Yet another investigation into the Donald Trump universe.

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/03/u...-employee.html

https://twitter.com/NickMiroff/statu...21173176111104
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 06:58 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
If employers were held accountable and fined, we wouldn't need to spend so much money on "walls" and border security. If there's no one to hire people who are undocumented there won't be such fervor to come here.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
That's a BIG deal - allowing illegal immigrants proximity to Trump...without a background check.

Bigly.

As we have said many a time, same reasoning that Florida and Texas won't do e-verify. Republicans love cheap illegal labor and actually want more of it.

It's like those GOP Congress Critters that pay for abortions for their GF's and then go and kowtow to their base by acting as if they want to take the right away from others.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:04 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
If employers were held accountable and fined, we wouldn't need to spend so much money on "walls" and border security. If there's no one to hire people who are undocumented there won't be such fervor to come here.
Completely agree with you. I too support much tougher fines and jail time for employees who hire illegals.

I'd love if some of the Trump supporters around here would chime in and talk about how Trump golf clubs hiring illegal immigrants makes them feel. But it wouldn't surprise me if they just avoid this thread altogether.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:09 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Completely agree with you. I too support much tougher fines and jail time for employees who hire illegals.

I'd love if some of the Trump supporters around here would chime in and talk about how Trump golf clubs hiring illegal immigrants makes them feel. But it wouldn't surprise me if they just avoid this thread altogether.
I feel just like I feel about Pelosi using illegals in her vineyard. Is she being investigated too?

Old 01-04-2019, 07:14 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Rules are for peasants.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:34 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,653 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Does the fbi usually get involved in illegal hiring schemes? That’d keep them very busy. Would be nice if the partisans would put their blinders down (“because trump”) and realize this problem needs dealt with, not kicked down the road.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:43 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working on any of his properties. Rich people don't hire manual laborers themselves.

If he is actually convicted of "personally" knowing it I'll be the first to call him a hypocrite but not until then.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:46 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working on any of his properties. Rich people don't hire manual laborers themselves.

If he is actually convicted of "personally" knowing it I'll be the first to call him a hypocrite but not until then.
So business owners should get a pass if their business hires illegal immigrants and supplies them with false documents provided that they have plausible deniability of firsthand knowledge due to their creation of a corporate firewall? And this is coming from the guy screaming over and over again how immigrants are the scourge of society that need to be removed/excluded no matter what the financial cost?

What a joke, you hypocrite.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
I wonder if the FBI will now investigate the Clinton foundation since it is well documented they hire illegals and h1b guest workers over actual citizens

and lets not forget nannygate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies