Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 03:20 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Here we go again. Let me remind you that you insisted I was paying too much attention to certain media and taking things too personally about a year ago, completely ignoring what I was posting to the contrary and repeating the same mantra over and over.

I'm not doing laps with you again on this.

I read everything you said. It seems you get hung up on the idea that mentioning society and whites means you.

And I know I said those things last year and more than that on occassion with you and others. I mean it actually sincerely, that you shouldn't take me mentioning society and whites personally because I am not talking about you or seeking to indict you specifically or all whites. I honestly don't think any of the posters around here who speak negatively about black people are talking about me. I'm not a generic phrase and neither are you.

Interesting to me you focused on that one sentence and not the other things I stated, which are true and which I know if you look at from a realistic, historic perspective you can acknowledge is true. I actually like you as poster on this forum because you don't come off like the others as ridiculous trolls.

But if R. Kelley peed on a white 14 year old girl back in the late 1990s and when it was found out in the early 2000s, he would have been in prison. Black men have been historically lynched just for looking at white girls/women as recent as the 1970s. And the view of white girls/women as more innocent and worthy of compassion/empathy from general society, is something that is long standing. There is no blame to go around or anything for me about this fact - it just is what it is. And I think a lot of people recognize this to be the truth if they look at it from an historic and realistic perspective.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:25 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m not implying...I’m outright TELLING you that it makes a HUGE difference. You think R Kelly just isn’t attracted to white women? That’s asinine. Again, his avoidance of white women is intentional and smart. He knows what line not to cross.

That’s just a fact. I’m not asking you to believe me because it doesn’t matter. We know, and by we, you know exactly who I’m talking about. And you’re not a part of “we.” Lol

This is just something that you can’t relate to. And basically, you have no need to relate to it because it doesn’t appertain to you in any way.

ITA with the blue as well. I do believe R. Kelly victimizes black girls and women intentionally because he knows that if he did these things to white girls/women he would never have been free to live his life and make his money and especially not be accepted by the likes of the record execs for all these years who knew and know that he has been raping teenage black girls since the 1990s. I have not liked him since his marriage to Aaliyah. She was the same age as I am and I remember being sick to my stomach thinking about her marrying him and thinking he was a perverted freak. Like my own situation, no one cared about Aaliyah, and IMO not even her parents. I didn't watch the new documentary because it is the same old same old stuff that we all have already known about him for 2 decades.

But any realistic person IMO knows that it is a fact that if he'd been victimizing white girls in this way he would have been dead or under the prison decades ago.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
ITA with the blue as well. I do believe R. Kelly victimizes black girls and women intentionally because he knows that if he did these things to white girls/women he would never have been free to live his life and make his money and especially not be accepted by the likes of the record execs for all these years who knew and know that he has been raping teenage black girls since the 1990s. I have not liked him since his marriage to Aaliyah. She was the same age as I am and I remember being sick to my stomach thinking about her marrying him and thinking he was a perverted freak. Like my own situation, no one cared about Aaliyah, and IMO not even her parents. I didn't watch the new documentary because it is the same old same old stuff that we all have already known about him for 2 decades.

But any realistic person IMO knows that it is a fact that if he'd been victimizing white girls in this way he would have been dead or under the prison decades ago.
Again, you and I know what we know because we’re on the receiving end of it. Sad to say, but I don’t expect white folks to understand it so they definitely can’t acknowledge it.

Many, many years ago, I remember there being a shooting gallery in my grandparent’s Detroit neighborhood. Everyone knew damn well what it was, and foot traffic in and out made it all too obvious. I can still remember my aunt telling me to stay away from that house and don’t go into their yard for any reason.

The cops pretty much knew what was going on because you couldn’t miss it. The cops always know what the local scuttlebut is on all the shady folks and foot traffic that is heavier than normal. They also know who does and doesn’t belong in the neighborhood, and that neighborhood was no different.

The sh** didn’t hit the fan until a white girl from a neighboring suburb (Lincoln Park) was found dead of an OD behind an elementary school that was about a quarter mile away. Once the cops ascertained that she got her dope from that particular shooting gallery, they raided it. Then they decided to hit any and every small time dope dealer in the area. Here come the helicopters, County drug task forces, and joint DEA task forces. A white person had died, and NOW there’s hell to pay.

It’s the one reason why so many (if not all or most) inner city shooting galleries won’t let whites shoot up in the house. They have to take their dope and leave the premises. Dead whites bring heat. Can’t have it.

It’s just like in LA when an Asian girl got killed in a drive by shooting. The outrage was so palpable that you could cut it with a butter knife. You would’ve thought that a drive by shooting had NEVER happened before. The LAPD and LA County Sheriff’s office went on an orgy of arrests...grabbing up gang members and hunting down weapons caches all over the city.

So like I said, we know what we know. You’ll just have to be satisfied to know that it’s just the way it is.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:17 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I asked the same question to a friends lawyer many years ago, surprisingly, they said even though people like to 'talk tough' on sex crimes, rape, etc, when it comes down to actually handing out punishments though, judges are leery to be 'too harsh', the lawyer said it had mostly to do whether it was an election year or not (for the county judges), if it was, they were very lenient on sex crimes, rape, child molst, etc. That didnt make much sense to me, but I knew this lawyer knew what he was talking about, as he was 'buddy-buddy' with most of the county and federal judges in the area.

I would have thought a judge being too lenient on those types of crimes, would be a negative thing against them in an election...but apparently its the opposite.

This lawyer turned out to be right in the end, I kept an eye on how judges ruled in certain cases in the years to come, they were indeed more lenient on sex crimes, (especially those involving minors), during election years, but even during non-election years, the punishments were pretty light too, oddly this never seems to impact their campaign, even people running against them, will not bring up the issue during the campaigns..??

Im pretty sure there is some deep dark conspiracy in this!
Oh okay, that's very interesting. How come people make such a big deal about sex crimes though then, if they actually feel it's not a big deal, and will actually vote for judges who are lenient on it? Why do people put on such a facade, if they don't actually think they are that bad? Why is the "Me too" movement so big if no one actually thinks it's a bid deal?

Old 03-04-2019, 12:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay, that's very interesting. How come people make such a big deal about sex crimes though then, if they actually feel it's not a big deal, and will actually vote for judges who are lenient on it? Why do people put on such a facade, if they don't actually think they are that bad? Why is the "Me too" movement so big if no one actually thinks it's a bid deal?
Thats a good question, the only thing I can think of to explain it, is maybe people just like to 'talk tough' when it comes to these crimes, but not willing to back it up when it comes time for sentencing.

Thats what Ive seen around here anyway, In fact I cannot recall any past local election where this was even a topic of campaigning.

Another part of it may be due to the over saturation of these types of crimes, In the local news, I can always count on a couple 'pedophile type' news stories from around the area, whether its a teacher getting busted for being in a relationship with a student, or a lawyer involved in human trafficking...Ive said it before, all of this is desensitizing us slowly, its just not AS shocking as it once was (except that didnt happen by coincidence, it was by design)! SCARY!!

Old 03-04-2019, 08:47 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,072,062 times
Well it's just that people I know talk like rape is worse than murder, yet for murder the sentences are far more harsh, so I wonder if anyone actually believes that therefore.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:57 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
what an over the top performance by a clown

A Body Language Expert Talks R. Kelly's "Frightening" Interview with Gayle King

Quote:
During his interview with Gayle King which aired Wednesday on CBS This Morning, R. Kelly broke his silence regarding the abuse charges against him — and then some.

The singer vehemently denied the allegations of sexual abuse (the most recent coming to light in Lifetime's documentary, Surviving R. Kelly) and got physical while doing it. Body language expert Patti Wood, author of Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language & Charisma, says that his "violent" actions during the emotionally charged interview are comparable to that of an "anguished little boy."

Wood also underlines just how "disrespectful and frightening his voice and carriage and gestures are" — a point which she says is not to be overlooked. "It’s clear as he sidesteps formal interview etiquette that he is a rule breaker," she says, citing his raised voice, subtle micro-facial cues, and "sharp-edged" gestures that increase in frequency as the interview goes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pafJHx-o21k

Old 03-06-2019, 07:21 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m not implying...I’m outright TELLING you that it makes a HUGE difference. You think R Kelly just isn’t attracted to white women? That’s asinine. Again, his avoidance of white women is intentional and smart. He knows what line not to cross.

That’s just a fact. I’m not asking you to believe me because it doesn’t matter. We know, and by we, you know exactly who I’m talking about. And you’re not a part of “we.” Lol

This is just something that you can’t relate to. And basically, you have no need to relate to it because it doesn’t appertain to you in any way.
R Kelly is an alleged sexual predator.

If true, he is unable to control himself from harming innocent people.

Nothing more needs to be said on the matter if that is the case, unless y'all just want to waste Y'alls breath.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Like a B rated actor he sure has the victim roll play down pat.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:20 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
R Kelly is an alleged sexual predator.

If true, he is unable to control himself from harming innocent people.

Nothing more needs to be said on the matter if that is the case, unless y'all just want to waste Y'alls breath.
If true, at least we’ll know what the “R” in R. Kelly stands for....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies