Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 11:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Healthcare is not and never will be a right. Only the immoral and greedy would force healthcare on others.

Learn exactly what a right is and then make an informed comment please.
Only the immoral and greedy would expect someone else to pay their medical bill when someone texting blows through a red light, T-bones them, provides a 25K helicopter ride to the hospital for them and pays the even bigger bills when they need put back together again. Why are Republicans always wanting free stuff?

Old 01-11-2019, 11:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
I wonder how many of these folks who claim HC is a privilege are Christian?

Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,140 times
I don't think it should be that hard for people to grasp that their rights end where others' begin. Anything that forces one person to serve another can't possible be a "right", but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be encouraged. It's like everyone thinks "if the law doesn't force you to help, that's saying it's okay not to help others."

I don't have a right to force you to do anything for me, but if I'm in trouble and you refuse to help without a good reason, society should probably shun you for lack of compassion. If you're a jerk, it will come back to haunt you in different ways throughout your life. That said, if I have some people in Washington force you to help me, I'm at fault, because you're not my slave.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:12 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times
I guess you won’t be needing those “gun rights”, as one isn’t born with a gun.

What a stupid premise.

Last edited by subaru5555; 01-11-2019 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-11-2019, 12:23 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
Education is a right for children because they can't educate themselves

College students are not children... They are adults who are expected to be responsible for their choices
Adults can't perform their own surgery.

If an adult is forced to pay for education of other peoples children through taxes but has no rights over that child, plus the adult is priced out of health insurance for themselves, there is a problem Houston.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:29 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,990,547 times
I don't care if it's a right. We can call it a right or not, but everyone eventually needs healthcare to live and life is a right.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
This statement and your viewpoint are immoral and repulsive in my opinion^^^
No big deal. It's just your opinion on my opinion. It's not like you or I are forcing beliefs on anyone. Bolded in hopes you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Denying healthcare to those who don't happen to have a fat bank account is as heartless as it gets
No ones denying healthcare to anyone and you have no proof. None. You forcing healthcare on me is an immoral ACT. Bolded in hopes you get it.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:32 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,546,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Adults can't perform their own surgery.

If an adult is forced to pay for education of other peoples children through taxes but has no rights over that child, plus the adult is priced out of health insurance for themselves, there is a problem Houston.
That's why I don't begrudge them healthcare... I said college, because college isn't essential to life

Old 01-11-2019, 12:33 PM

3 posts, read 2,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It's my right...
You have the right to....
Healthcare is a right...
College is a right....

Is it really a right, if someone else has to do it for you?
Can I force you to provide a right to me?
Or, do rights deal with Natural Law and things you can provide for yourself?

Interesting to see the diverse viewpoints to come.....

Popcorn please!
If you pay taxes (and the Trumps and Kushners do not), you don't have the right to dictate how that money is spent.

People don't need healthcare as a whim or a want it's a necessity.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Only the immoral and greedy would expect someone else to pay their medical bill when someone texting blows through a red light, T-bones them, provides a 25K helicopter ride to the hospital for them and pays the even bigger bills when they need put back together again. Why are Republicans always wanting free stuff?
Insurance pays off when it's used for emergency purposes.

Being a helicopter pilot helps too since the overwhelming multitude of emergency room visitors come in by helicopter.
Speaking of. Transporters are going to put the helicopter pilots out of business. What will happen to them?

see what happens when you plant a seed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies