Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 07:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
George Soros has a 10 foot concrete wall around his house.
And Trump doesn't around Mar-A-Lago. Instead he has armed body guards. Guess he doesn't believe a wall works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 07:18 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And Trump doesn't around Mar-A-Lago. Instead he has armed body guards. Guess he doesn't believe a wall works.
No walls on any of his Golf Courses or properties. Heck, that might stop his illegal labor force!

Old 01-15-2019, 07:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Breitbart? The leader in fake news and hysteria propaganda? It's more of a comic than a news source.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:35 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://www.langerresearch.com/wp-co...ntShutdown.pdf

It is a Washington Post/ABC news poll. Breitbart reported. the MSM media ignored the results of the poll.

the OP is right. Support for the wall has increased from last year, according to the abc/wapo poll.

Instead of hurling insults and discounting the source, open your mind.....there are many interesting news sources outside your bubble.

Increased by how much? Over 70% still don't want the wall so your "increase" doesn't mean squat. I love how you guys cherry pick data to suit your narrative. You need to face the fact that a MAJORITY of Americans do not want this wall and it's not improving.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:03 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I really don’t trust what any poll says on this issue whether it’s for it or against it. I do believe however, that Trump ran on the wall and that’s why he won the election, so that tells me that most voters want it.

most polls are ran by the media or friends of the media, a poll can be made to read whatever they want and in the past couple years they have been made to read to hate trump. In my area, in the deep south away from any large west coast cities, I really cant find anybody that hate trumps. not one. On the subject of him being an a-hole, yes we knew that before he got elected, thats why we elected him. rather have a crook in office that we know is a crook. Than a politician that claim he working for the people when in reality he working to pad his trust and claim he not a crook

Last edited by brownbagg; 01-15-2019 at 09:14 PM..

Old 01-15-2019, 09:10 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Support for border wall Soars among Swing Voters.....Likewise, now 67 to 87 percent of Republican voters and conservatives support building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. Democrat voters have not increased their opposition to the wall over the last year by even one percent.
Doesn't much matter what the support is.

The President won on a promise to build The Wall. And I think he's gonna build it.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:13 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
I'll support the wall once we receive the pesos.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:18 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'll support the wall once we receive the pesos.
Pure hypocrisy.
You would not support The Wall no matter what the finances were. Why not just say that?

Old 01-16-2019, 07:35 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,643,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I suppose it will be a waste of words to tell you why such a statement is ridiculous.

But I will point you to Trumps approval, disapproval. Make of it what you will - but this not some "guess" like yours, it's the results of hundreds of polls all put together.

30% plus more Americans are against him than approve of him. THINK - why would that be is they all wanted the Wall? If what you said had any truth to it. his approval ratings would be soaring and would be larger than his disapproval.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Worst in history - that disapproval spread. That means something.
Like I said, I don’t trust polls. Time and time again, they are wrong.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:40 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Like I said, I don’t trust polls. Time and time again, they are wrong.
Do you trust science? Math? Roads and maps???

There is a margin of error in polls, but when you do a "poll of polls" that gets smaller and smaller. A few years back 538 got 100% of the predictions correct. Of course, you'd never expect that (given normal margins of error), but it still is impressive.

Overnight Trump lost a lot more! Now he is at 14.3% difference, WAY up.....
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Hey, no one can force another to believe - reality - but yet there it it. That's a snapshot in time that goes against any theories that "voters are jumping to trump"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies