Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 08:17 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times

Advertisements

The reason I'd never support Harris is her healthcare plan to eliminate all private health insurance plans. That would be a disaster. All the scary tales by some ignorant Republican politicians would be true if that happened.

I'm a big supporter of universal healthcare paid by a national sales tax found in many countries. I used to live in Australia and their system works, but it works because they also have an entire network of private hospitals, insurance plans as well. Many people besides the poor have a supplemental private health insurance plan because of wait times, serious injuries or diseases. The private doctors and hospitals are much better and don't have long waiting periods.

You need to have both. A safety net for people who cannot afford any type of private health insurance and for those who want free preventative care. However, you also need to have private doctors and plans so you aren't stuck in a situation where you end up flying to another country because of an illness. You'll then get winners and losers. Harris would of course get special treatment, I'm sure all of Congress and Senate would too. A system that has both is the most ideal and would keep everyone happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 08:23 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
God bless Elizabeth Warren. She's the Ralph Nader of this generation. An amazingly effective advocate, we always need, who should never run for president.
Agreed.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What? When did she say that? Citation, please.

And btw, as she recently proved, she's 5% NA, not that that's relevant to anything. If you have a problem with it, you don't have to vote for her.

The DNA test she released indicated she is anywhere between 1/64th and 1/1,024th Native American. That's nowhere near 5%. A big chunk of people are just as much NA as she is lol. Even at 5% to claim to be NA is a joke.

Native Americans were upset that she would even make such a claim. I even remember certain Democrats were mad at her too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/u...-dna-test.html

Old 01-29-2019, 08:24 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, I think Harris would not just fold, but would crumple, in a debate against the likes of Elizabeth Warren, if Warren decides definitively to run. Is Biden still considering a run?
I vehemently disagree with this. Kamala Harris was a fierce prosecutor. You really think that LL Bean Warren could crumble Harris in a debate? No way in Haides.

They agree on many things, but Harris is brilliant and capable of handling any kind of debate. Warren has ideals that are wonderful and she's an amazing advocate for the people. But, put Harris the prosecutor up against Warren the consumer advocate and choose who would remain standing at the end of the debate? I think they'd both be respectful of each other, and probably agree on many things. But, as far as anyone crumbling, if anyone did, it would definitely be Warren, who is prone to much more hysterical behavior. She'd look abashed and be shaking her head and vehemently defending her position - while looking like a crazy, hysterical woman. While Kamala would look like a warrior.

To be clear, I really respect Elizabeth Warren, but she's no warrior.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I vehemently disagree with this. Kamala Harris was a fierce prosecutor. You really think that LL Bean Warren could crumble Harris in a debate? No way in Haides.

They agree on many things, but Harris is brilliant and capable of handling any kind of debate. Warren has ideals that are wonderful and she's an amazing advocate for the people. But, put Harris the prosecutor up against Warren the consumer advocate and choose who would remain standing at the end of the debate? I think they'd both be respectful of each other, and probably agree on many things. But, as far as anyone crumbling, if anyone did, it would definitely be Warren, who is prone to much more hysterical behavior. She'd look abashed and be shaking her head and vehemently defending her position - while looking like a crazy, hysterical woman. While Kamala would look like a warrior.

To be clear, I really respect Elizabeth Warren, but she's no warrior.

All Trump would have to do is say something "mean" to Warren and she would crumble on stage or get hysterical.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:08 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
All Trump would have to do is say something "mean" to Warren and she would crumble on stage or get hysterical.
Riiiight, because she's not tough, no, not Elizabeth Warren! She's put banksters through the shredder in Congress, but no, she's not tough!

Rather, I think it's much more likely that Trumpty-Dumpty would have a great fall. He's known for being the hysterical type. But Warren is too classy to stoop to his tactics, so, he would only be expected to be intelligent and knowledgeable, in a debate.

Oops.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:19 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,173 times
I’d vote for anyone that’s not a Republican at this point.

I love Harris—I like Warren..Biden—.I like ANY of them because they are ALL intelligent, Americans and not sociopathic or narcissistic like the monster we have running our nation off a cliff right now.

Heck, I’d vote for a potted plant or my 7 year old niece since she even cares about her friends, family, animals, Americans, humans in general, planet, ocean, climate change, etc.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:21 PM

If I could pick the president... I would choose someone like Bloomberg or Schultz. Too many radicals these days.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
The DNA test she released indicated she is anywhere between 1/64th and 1/1,024th Native American. That's nowhere near 5%. A big chunk of people are just as much NA as she is lol. Even at 5% to claim to be NA is a joke.

Native Americans were upset that she would even make such a claim. I even remember certain Democrats were mad at her too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/u...-dna-test.html
Isn't 1/64th enough to be on the Cherokee rolls? (That's an insider joke. Never mind...)

Oh, so she never said "I know about discrimination, because I"m (insert fraction here) Native American"? Thank you for clarifying that. I didn't think she said it.

And from what I understand, she never made any claim verbally. She checked off a box as a college student or job applicant. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion by You Know Whom, and his ilk, who keep harping on it. I wonder why they keep harping on it? Could it be, that they think she'd be tough competition, so they're grasping at straws to try to undermine her?

This, from someone who refused to release his income tax statement for scrutiny, when running for Prez, and who had scads of other scandals to his name, before even taking the oath of office. Is this the Teflon-coated President, redux? Maybe we should focus on that, instead of the one flimsy straw the Prez (and his ilk) came up with to knock Warren with. Ya think, maybe?

Old 01-29-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
If I could pick the president... I would choose someone like Bloomberg or Schultz. Too many radicals these days.
Bloomburg is still considering it, but he'd be running on addressing global warming, among other things. While a lot of people agree that's needed, he needs a much broader platform. Otherwise the Denier-In-Chief could pull a Reagan move, and say, "Oh, there you go again..." getting all worked up about problems that don't exist.

Great, another candidate in his 70's. Isn't there anyone in-between Harris and the Geezer Brigade, on the Dam side, age-wise?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-trump-1133227 (an article today on Bloomburg)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies