Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 07:09 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times

Advertisements

What a great policy you abandon your individual rights, live as they dictate and if you have an illness that they deem to be caused by your impure thought or actions they can refuse coverage and claim it God's will....

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid

Old 02-02-2019, 07:09 AM

831 posts, read 1,965,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
There are rules that have to be followed for the plan to work. People are free to follow those rules or not follow them, but if they don't follow them, they're denied admission. How on earth is this a problem?

Because there is a trust issue here with your coverage and health insurance companies both; their reasons to cover or not cover are as capricious as ever.

It's no different from the insurance company going back and hyper-analyzing your health history from childhood, your credit rating and other oddball items they're using in metrics these days. Your group just hyper-analyzes a person's perceived 'moral' history. You can laud their policies all you want as following your own ideology (dogma) and paying up as needed - until one day for whatever reason - they don't.

Both types of policies are potentially crippling financial shades of gray.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:11 AM

958 posts, read 304,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
"Old Hag", "big squirrel teeth"? Wishing ill will?

You aren't just calling out people you are judging the work of, but are also judging their age and appearance. You aren't fooling anyone... Probably not even fooling the church.

But, it shows... You don't really have to be Christian to get this insurance. Thanks for pointing that out by example.
Somebody said AOC, a public figure is sexy, and that that is part of her appeal. I simply responded to that, as I have a right to, concerning a public figure. Thanks.

But even if I err occasionally, the co-op doesn't call for perfection, just that you be a Christian.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:12 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
The company I use has been around since 1994. Again, there is no pool of money to run out. If it becomes apparent that the needs are exceeding the assigned giving, then the board of directors raises the premium each June. In 25 years, every qualified need has been 100% covered. There is never any hassle. No maze to go through. No bureaucracy, no unintelligible representatives. Can your secular insurance company make the same claim?
First of all, I said I was glad you got the coverage you needed, and I never suggested a secular plan was better.

How is their NOT a pool of money? It’s a cooperative right? You all pay in a certain amount of money? What do you call that pile of money if it’s not a pool?

So just so I’m clear - if all the money raised by say, June, has been spent on members care, the July premium for everyone else gets raised? Is there a cap on how much they can raise it?

You say every “qualified” need has been covered but there’s the rub. Who decides what is qualified? Just about anything can be deemed a pre existing condition if the insurer is looking for a reason not to cover.

I’m not defending secular health insurance. It sucks. You haven’t said anything to convince me that this program sucks any less.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:12 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
There are rules that have to be followed for the plan to work. People are free to follow those rules or not follow them, but if they don't follow them, they're denied admission. How on earth is this a problem?

Say you're a former smoker......

Haven't touched a cigarette for over twenty years.

Then you get cancer.

How do you know the cancer was caused by smoking and not something else?

What if you also unknowingly worked in a building with as asbestos insulation?

Should insurance deny you?

My great grandfather lived to be almost 107.

He grew his own tobacco and smoked since he was a teenager. He died peacefully in his sleep one night of an aneurysm.

Now don't get me wrong...... I'm not trying to say that smoking doesn't cause cancer.

Just that it's not always the only cause.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
Because there is a trust issue here with your coverage and health insurance companies both; their reasons to cover or not cover are as capricious as ever.

It's no different from the insurance company going back and hyper-analyzing your health history from childhood, your credit rating and other oddball items they're using in metrics these days. Your group just hyper-analyzes a person's perceived 'moral' history. You can laud their policies all you want as following your own ideology (dogma) and paying up as needed - until one day for whatever reason - they don't.

Both types of policies are potentially crippling financial shades of gray.
Interestingly, you can look up any and all complaints against Samaritan, and you will not find a single negative thing in any forum as far as their denying coverage of a condition they claim they will cover. This is rather astounding, considering there are so many paid leftwing activists who spread lies on forums.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:14 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,129,684 times
Quote:
No, and it doesn't cover the far-more-prevalent damage caused by the perverted godless left. Mental and emotional services are not covered. They aren't physical health problems, which is what insurance is for.
Interesting to see the Catholic Church referred to as the "godless left". But at least we agree they have a serious child molestation problem.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Say you're a former smoker......

Haven't touched a cigarette for over twenty years.

Then you get cancer.

How do you know the cancer was caused by smoking and not something else?

What if you also unknowingly worked in a building with as asbestos insulation?

Should insurance deny you?

My great grandfather lived to be almost 107.

He grew his own tobacco and smoked since he was a teenager. He died peacefully in his sleep one night of an aneurysm.

Now don't get me wrong...... I'm not trying to say that smoking doesn't cause cancer.

Just that it's not always the only cause.
I don't think my co-op will deny coverage for a new condition that arises from past smoking. But of course you can't apply as a new member with cancer and expect to be covered. That's not insurance. It's welfare.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:16 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
Quote:
No, and it doesn't cover the far-more-prevalent damage caused by the perverted godless left. Mental and emotional services are not covered. They aren't physical health problems, which is what insurance is for.

The Catholic Church is an organized child sex trafficking ring and anyone who financially or spiritually supports them endorsed and supports child rape. You protect pedophiles. You have no moral ground to stand on on ANY subject.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:17 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Think about it. The whole reason it works and is so cheap is the Christian rules. So why would you admit people who don't follow the rules? Then the co-op fails. Wouldn't that be asinine?

IMO, not paying for both birth control or abortion is asinine. And just WHO is determining all these Christians are obeying the rules?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies