Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 07:36 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I know it did, just saying why do we and he have to get like that, the OP could have spelled out a good alternative for insurance for some and leave it at that.

On the other hand though there are some that just look for a opportunity to bash Christians and this thread let them right in.

And some see no problem with calling out self-proclaimed 'Christians' who act anything but 'Christ-like'.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:38 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
The co-op I use is called Samaritan ministries, and although they are not contractually required to pay, no one has ever reported not being covered for a eligible conditions as outlined in the bylaws. If such were the case, there would be complainst to read about it. As it is, you will not be able to find ONE, even if you google all day.
Sorry, brother.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/christian-h...ries-barberton

Quote:
Save your $$. CHM deserve ZERO star. Not sure where is "Christian" about this. Paid as gold member for $150 plus $50 for the so called "brothers keeper" but after getting a first time infection they declined to pay the bills even after I already negotiated very very hard to reduce my bill in half from the hospital. Talked to CHM at 1-800-791-6225 to reconsider, as $15,000 of ER bills is no way I can pay, but they just keep saying Sorry it was denied. CHM personnel/agent did not even offer anything, like helping me further to negotiate with the hospital to see if they can further reduce the bills, or even offer me a what they call "PRAYER". In my opinion I was scammed by CHM. The so called brothers KEEPER is really meant they are keeping your money as a brother.

Can I have my money back so I can pay some of my ER bills?

correction: Brothers keeper is $40.00 not 50.

More unhappy one star yelp reviews here.

958 posts, read 304,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
A crap plan that excludes pretty much everyone and every type of medical need outside a scraped knee. This would never work on a large scale. That's why there are restrictions to the point of it being virtually unusable for real medical issues.
I don't know what type of people you associate with, but the Christian conduct requirements are easy for a lot of people. And there are a lot of people who don't have Type I diabetes or haven't had cancer in five years. It would work for the vast majority of Americans if they chose.

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times
Quote:
Somebody said AOC, a public figure is sexy, and that that is part of her appeal. I simply responded to that, as I have a right to, concerning a public figure. Thanks.

But even if I err occasionally, the co-op doesn't call for perfection, just that you be a Christian.
This is an interesting one that another poster pointed out to me:

Quote:
She's dumber than a box of doughnuts.

Judging someone's intelligence next to a box of doughnuts....

Old 02-02-2019, 07:39 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And some see no problem with calling out self-proclaimed 'Christians' who act anything but 'Christ-like'.

Hypocrisy is hardly limited to Christianity.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:40 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
I know it did, just saying why do we and he have to get like that, the OP could have spelled out a good alternative for insurance for some and leave it at that.

On the other hand though there are some that just look for a opportunity to bash Christians and this thread let them right in.
Not all Christians. Just the hypocrites.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:42 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No problem with that, the very nature of who is a true Christian is subjective. I believe I am, some would say I'm not.

But that's besides the point, some on both sides just look for a opportunity to bash the other. There are ways to present your side without flaming others, if you hope to bring someone to believe in your side.

So this insurance is available for those who agree to the terms, thanks for the info. The OP shouldn't have come out bashing others and some shouldn't look to bash the rules for the insurance. Obviously the insurance won't help all people but it's a option.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
No problem with that, the very nature of who is a true Christian is subjective. I believe I am, some would say I'm not.

But that's besides the point, some on both sides just look for a opportunity to bash the other. There are ways to present your side without flaming others, if you hope to bring someone to believe in your side.

So this insurance is available for those who agree to the terms, thanks for the info. The OP shouldn't have come out bashing others and some shouldn't look to bash the rules for the insurance. Obviously the insurance won't help all people but it's a option.
I don't think there was any real bashing going on. The discussion was quite constructive and factual.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:47 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
How would they know if you're having sex out of marriage? All you have to do is buy your own birth control.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
How would they know if you're having sex out of marriage? All you have to do is buy your own birth control.
Well, one of the requirements is to be Christian. So sex out of marriage is out of the question just from a belief standpoint. But as demonstrated, it's possible to commit fraud by pretending to be Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies