Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 11:17 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he did have documentation of trump's repayment of the hush-money during his presidency, both from trump's personal account and from the trust signed by donnie j. jr ( which now drags him into this trainwreck )

and the crime is? ....you make it sound that hush money for a NDA was to cover a crime or to pay people to lie under oath. LOL

Old 03-01-2019, 11:19 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and the crime is?

campaign finance violations similar to what john edwards was charged with.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
campaign finance violations similar to what john edwards was charged with.

LOL.....wrong. Edwards was charged with four counts of collecting illegal campaign contributions, one count of conspiracy, and one count of making false statements and it was a mistrial and the justice department dropped the charges. They should have never brought it to trial. It should have stayed with the FEC fine of 2.1 million dollars as they did to Obama for not reporting campaign contributions and not keeping records of names.

Now Trump used his own money......worst case scenario which I doubt, he gets a fine by the FEC if the FEC thinks he should have reported it (they don't) like Obama in 2008......try again!

here is John Edwards docket indictments in full, it has nothing to do with the Trump case:

http://famousdockets.com/images/OTHE...CS/Edwards.pdf

Old 03-02-2019, 03:22 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Cohen was not tried. He voluntarily turned himself in and pleaded guilty. He has cooperated fully since then, and if anyone knows where the bodies are buried, he does. His plea deal with Mueller called for a six month sentence on one count of lying to Congress.

If he been useless, Mueller would not have ever spoken to him. Mueller believes him, SDNY believes him, and EDVA believes him, among others. Congress also believes him, judging from the fact he has three dates to appear befrore them to testify. When he starts singing on Wednesday, it will be a song that has never been heard in America.

Five of the eight charges outlined by the Justice Department allege that Cohen “engaged in a scheme to evade income taxes by failing to report more than $4 million in income" between 2012 and 2016. Prosecutors charged that meant he failed to pay about $1.3 million in federal taxes. The income came from a diverse array of sources which Cohen allegedly hid from his accountant and the Internal Revenue Service, including a $6 million loan to a business partner in the taxi industry at more than 12 percent interest which resulted in $2.4 million in interest payments which was not reported to the IRS. Other income sources prosecutors said Cohen hid from tax authorities included: $100,000 for brokering the sale of a piece of property in a private aviation community in Ocala, Florida in 2014. More than $200,000 from an assisted living company "purportedly for Cohen's 'consulting' on real estate and other projects" in 2016. $30,000 for brokering sale of a French handbag, which retails for $11,900 to $300,000 "depending on the type of leather or animal skin used."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ty/1058164002/

"Voluntarily"?

Cohen will say anything he thinks Mueller wants to hear.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:12 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
How anyone can say the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville with its Nazi symbols & slogans, would not provoke a change in heart, particularly for Jewish people, & especially for survivors of the Holocaust, is, frankly, beyond my comprehension.

Elijah Cummings to Michael Cohen: "...I know that this has been hard. I know that you’ve faced a lot. I know that you are worried about your family. But this is a part of your destiny. And hopefully this portion of your destiny will lead to a better, a better, a better Michael Cohen, a better Donald Trump, a better United States of America, and a better world. And I mean that from the depths of my heart."

Elijah Cummings to US: "In 2019, what did we do to make sure we kept our democracy intact? Did we stand on the sidelines and say nothing?”

Old 03-02-2019, 04:34 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
he did have documentation of trump's repayment of the hush-money during his presidency, both from trump's personal account and from the trust signed by donnie j. jr ( which now drags him into this trainwreck )
Poor Don Jr.

In a misguided attempt to help his Dad out, he has gotten himself involved in yet another fine mess.

According to Cohen, Trump told him and several others that Don Jr. had the "worst judgement of anyone in the world."

Looks like the House Oversight Committee is interested in Don Jr. testifying before them.

This is not going well.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
How anyone can say the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville with its Nazi symbols & slogans, would not provoke a change in heart, particularly for Jewish people, & especially for survivors of the Holocaust, is, frankly, beyond my comprehension.

Silly comment. Trump had nothing to do with Charlottesville. Did Cohen had the same problems with the anti-Jews comments made by Farrakhan and Al Sharpton who were welcomed and embraced by the Democrats and the anti-Israel stand by some Democrats when he joined their side to bash Trump?

just exposed Cohen's b.s. again and you keep defending.

Quote:
Elijah Cummings to Michael Cohen: "...I know that this has been hard. I know that you’ve faced a lot. I know that you are worried about your family. But this is a part of your destiny. And hopefully this portion of your destiny will lead to a better, a better, a better Michael Cohen, a better Donald Trump, a better United States of America, and a better world. And I mean that from the depths of my heart."

yeah, for a convicted perjurer who lied to Congress and was disbarred. ......that's part of his destiny? Elijah is just full of #hiat!.......if Cohen went against a Democrat, Elijah would never invited him to congress let alone ki$$ his butt.

This is what Democrats should have told Judge Kavanaugh, he was never charge or convicted of a crime.

Quote:
Elijah Cummings to US: "In 2019, what did we do to make sure we kept our democracy intact? Did we stand on the sidelines and say nothing?”

yeah, democracy is intact! what a joke.....this is the same fool who defended Hillary Clinton rigging the 2016 Democratic primaries and said nothing but he is protecting democracy by putting a convicted perjurer who has been disbarred in Congress? LMAO!!! No other court would allow that only a Dem congress under Elijah.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:40 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Poor Don Jr.

In a misguided attempt to help his Dad out, he has gotten himself involved in yet another fine mess.

According to Cohen, Trump told him and several others that Don Jr. had the "worst judgement of anyone in the world."

Looks like the House Oversight Committee is interested in Don Jr. testifying before them.

This is not going well.
After Cohen, Jr is who I most need to see testifying in front of Congress. I disagree GHQ, this is going to go VERY well!

Old 03-02-2019, 10:00 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Cohen's got nothing.
As per the full transcript of Michael Cohen's opening remarks to Congress:

Quote:
I am providing the Committee today with several documents. These include:

• A copy of a check Mr. Trump wrote from his personal bank account – after he became president - to reimburse me for the hush money payments I made to cover up his affair with an adult film star and prevent damage to his campaign;

• Copies of financial statements for 2011 – 2013 that he gave to such institutions as Deutsche Bank;

• A copy of an article with Mr. Trump’s handwriting on it that reported on the auction of a portrait of himself – he arranged for the bidder ahead of time and then reimbursed the bidder from the account of his non-profit charitable foundation, with the picture now hanging in one of his country clubs; and

• Copies of letters I wrote at Mr. Trump’s direction that threatened his high school, colleges, and the College Board not to release his grades or SAT scores.

...The last time I appeared before Congress, I came to protect Mr. Trump. Today, I’m here to tell the truth about Mr. Trump.

...Donald Trump is a man who ran for office to make his brand great, not to make our country great. He had no desire or intention to lead this nation – only to market himself and to build his wealth and power. Mr. Trump would often say, this campaign was going to be the “greatest infomercial in political history.”

He never expected to win the primary. He never expected to win the general election. The campaign – for him – was always a marketing opportunity.

...Mr. Trump is a racist. The country has seen Mr. Trump court white supremacists and bigots. You have heard him call poorer countries “****holes.”

He once asked me if I could name a country run by a black person that wasn’t a “****hole.” This was when Barack Obama was President of the United States.

...The sad fact is that I never heard Mr. Trump say anything in private that led me to believe he loved our nation or wanted to make it better. In fact, he did the opposite.

When telling me in 2008 that he was cutting employees’ salaries in half – including mine – he showed me what he claimed was a $10 million IRS tax refund, and he said that he could not believe how stupid the government was for giving “someone like him” that much money back. ...
Read the full transcript of Michael Cohen’s opening remarks to Congress

“He is a racist. He is a con man. He is a cheat,” Cohen says of Trump.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ning-statement

No one had anything to say to counter Mr. Cohen. No one defended Mr. Trump. It was a lost cause.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:

No one had anything to say to counter Mr. Cohen. No one defended Mr. Trump. It was a lost cause.
because you don't need to. He is a convicted perjurer and is disbarred. You can't counter opinions.

the bottom line is Cohen is going to prison for 3 years for bank fraud, tax fraud, lying to prosecutors and lying to Congress and Trump will still be your PRESIDENT......counter that.

No court would put a convicted perjurer on the stand. His opinions are worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies