Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 11:44 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
he flipped? NO. You obviously didn't read the narrative made by the New York Prosecutors who sent him to prison. He is a liar and can't be trusted in anything he says.

That should have gave pause to the dem congress to put back a convicted perjurer who already lied to them. It made the whole process into a joke.
As explained above, prosecutors rely on corroborating testimony & evidence to back up claims. Special counsel Robert Mueller & federal prosecutors in the NY Southern District have already done so with Mr. Cohen.

Some of the more pointed questions put to Mr. Cohen were to ask, for example, when he was unable to fully answer a question, or fully substantiate a claim was to ask him ...

Which person or persons should be interviewed to provide corroboration, or what documentation needs to reviewed in order to substantiate the claim?

Edit: moderators please delete this. Will not respond to this member Hellion1999 in the future, was a mistake to do so.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:51 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Default Which Trump World Player Do House Democrats Want To Talk To Next?

Michael Cohen was just the beginning.

President Trump's former personal lawyer named names when he testified before the House oversight committee on Wednesday. He told the panel about Trump Organization personnel with knowledge of what Cohen alleged are criminal or questionable actions within the business.
Cohen's knowledge about the inner workings of the Trump Organization is expansive. The former lawyer, now disbarred in the state of New York, once maintained an office close to Trump's in New York City's Trump Tower

1. Felix Sater

2.Allen Weisselberg

3, 4 and 5. David Pecker, Barry Levine and Dylan Howard.
The rest is here.

This isn’t over by far.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/02/69930...ntent=20190302

Old 03-02-2019, 11:58 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

i like the photo of sater in the link. it looks like he's hitting the punch-line of a joke that bombed ( "...... the Aristocrats!" )

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
^^^

I kinda think Weisselberg is the guy who knows the most about financial shenanigans.

Sater might be useful for expounding on Russian connections.

I look for an entertaining display of squirming weasels under klieg lights.

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:

President Trump's former personal lawyer named names when he testified before the House oversight committee on Wednesday. He told the panel about Trump Organization personnel with knowledge of what Cohen alleged are criminal or questionable actions within the business.
Cohen's knowledge about the inner workings of the Trump Organization is expansive. The former lawyer, now disbarred in the state of New York, once maintained an office close to Trump's in New York City's Trump Tower

1. Felix Sater

2.Allen Weisselberg

The rest is here.

This isn’t over by far.

Good link. I believe Weaselberg will do some serious damage to Trump and family. He knows where ALL of the bodies are buried.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:59 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:

1. Felix Sater

2.Allen Weisselberg

The rest is here.

This isn’t over by far.

Just the beginning is an understatement

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...96991464935425

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...98246941822976

Old 03-02-2019, 12:08 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:

1. Felix Sater

2.Allen Weisselberg

The rest is here.

This isn’t over by far.

Wholeheartedly agree. Mr. Cohen indicated who should be interviewed next to further corroborate. How many times did he mention Allen Weisselberg? More than 10 times I think?

Additionally, it is not necessary to complete an intended obstruction of justice in order to be charged witness tampering:

1729. PROTECTION OF GOVERNMENT PROCESSES -- TAMPERING WITH VICTIMS, WITNESSES, OR INFORMANTS -- 18 U.S.C. 1512

Quote:
Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies. To be charged with witness tampering in the United States, the attempt to alter or prevent testimony is sufficient. There is no requirement that the intended obstruction of justice be completed.
https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-...s-witnesses-or

As per Michael Cohen's opening statement to Congress:

Quote:
As Exhibit 8 shows, I have provided the Committee with copies of Tweets that Mr. Trump posted, attacking me and my family – only someone burying his head in the sand would not recognize them for what they are: encouragement to someone to do harm to me and my family.

I never imagined that he would engage in vicious, false attacks on my family – and unleash his TV-lawyer to do the same. I hope this committee and all members of Congress on both sides of the aisle will make it clear: As a nation, we should not tolerate attempts to intimidate witnesses before congress and attacks on family are out of bounds and not acceptable.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ning-statement

Old 03-02-2019, 12:16 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
he flipped? NO. You obviously didn't read the narrative made by the New York Prosecutors who sent him to prison. He is a liar and can't be trusted in anything he says.

That should have gave pause to the dem congress to put back a convicted perjurer who already lied to them. It made the whole process into a joke.
So, then, explain to the folks at home - Why would president* Trump need to hire a professional liar to handle his business...?

Old 03-02-2019, 12:17 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
this is not a trial....nobody needed to defend Trump because anybody with a brain knows Cohen's testimony was prepared with the help of the democrat party.

how do you obstruct justice by asking questions to Cohen? LMAO!!!!!
Link, please, or it didn't happen. Raw opinion carries the weight of a personal IOU in a margin call.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:20 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Wholeheartedly agree. Mr. Cohen indicated who should be interviewed next to further corroborate. How many times did he mention Allen Weisselberg? More than 10 times I think?

Additionally, it is not necessary to complete an intended obstruction of justice in order to be charged witness tampering:

1729. PROTECTION OF GOVERNMENT PROCESSES -- TAMPERING WITH VICTIMS, WITNESSES, OR INFORMANTS -- 18 U.S.C. 1512

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-...s-witnesses-or

As per Michael Cohen's opening statement to Congress:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ning-statement
I’m curious to see if his kids will rat thier father out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies