Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:56 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
WOW! The republicans on the committee have put up large poster boards with statements attacking Michael Cohen INSIDE the chambers.

Republicans must be REALLY worried about what Cohen has to say today, because they're going all out with their attacks.
Apparently there is conjecture that Gaetz tweet and what the GOP members are doing today are part of an organized “resistance” to Cohen’s testimony—
Gaetz’s Tweet threatening Cohen is going to be investigated by Ethics committee to determine if any of the Ethic committee members were involved—
Did any of them discusss with Gaetz what he was going to Tweet before he did it
Did they plan ways to thwart Cohen’s testimony in any way
Did they get any assistance/suggestions from the WH/Trump people about what to do

Old 02-27-2019, 07:56 AM

1,456 posts, read 515,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Nothing Cohen wrote can be linked to Trump, completely impossible to verify, in fact even if Cohen had a clean record....
Cohen would need to provide a video showing Trump dictating to Cohen.
Many convictions are made on the basis of both direct and indirect evidence. Where there is more than one piece of indirect evidence a conclusion can be made on the facts of the matter. The greater the amount of circumstantial evidence the likelier it is to be admitted and lead to conviction.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
right, for someone who had no real "desire", He sure ran himself ragged, attending 3-4 rallies a day, 5 days a week, for months..meanwhile Hilly, was lucky to make 2 appearances a week..
Yep. I couldn't believe how he was able to do 3-4 rallies a day. Trump played to win and won even with the media hammering him.

Hillary did just enough to put on a show including a concert with a rapper who sings about disrespecting women.

You know I thug em, **** em, love em, leave em
Cause I don't ****in' need em
Take em out the hood, keep em lookin' good
But I don't ****in' feed em
First time they fuss I'm breezin'
Talkin' bout, "What's the reasons?"
I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, *****
Better trust than believe em
In the cut where I keep em
'Til I need a nut, 'til I need to beat the guts
Then it's, beep beep and I'm pickin' em up
Let em play with the dick in the truck
Many chicks want to put ***** fist in cuffs
Divorce him and split his bucks
Just because you got good head, I'm a break bread
So you can be livin' it up? **** I
Parts with…

Old 02-27-2019, 07:58 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Of course he did not expect to win. This is not a shocking revelation. Not only have his “friends” been saying that all along, but he himself made it very clear through his own actions. Did he divest himself of his business interests when he received the nomination? No. Did he form a serious transition team in the months leading up to the election? According to Chris Christie, it was like pulling teeth. That’s not how a committed candidate would behave.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's so funny that it chaps your ass that Trump won and Hillary lost.

Did Hillary get a participation trophy? She should have because this teaches how to lose with class and dignity.
No one gives a damn about Clinton at this point. She doesn't have a following, and frankly never really did. She had her chance and lost. You bring her name up to support your failing narrative, but you will notice that Democrats never do.

The situation would be completely different for everyone if a decent human being had gained the Republican nomination and won. Democrats and Republicans alike have always been able to deal with a president of the opposition party. The difference today is that we have a con man and traitor in the office, who is clearly in over his head and displays that fact every day, both to the people who work closely with him and to the general public.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:00 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
Cohen is now just a mouthpiece for whatever the deep state wants him to say. First off, Cohen is a convicted liar, second they have a gun to his head. Politics sure is a dirty business.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:01 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is precisely what Michael Moore, Howard Stern and many others were saying before and after the election. Trump had no real desire to be president, and mostly just ran to aggrandize his own business. Now we have His own lawyer of 10+ years telling us the same thing:

Michael Cohen's opening statement to Congress

"Donald Trump is a man who ran for office to make his brand great, not to make our country great. He had no desire or intention to lead this nation -- only to market himself and to build his wealth and power. Mr. Trump would often say, this campaign was going to be the "greatest infomercial in political history."

He never expected to win the primary. He never expected to win the general election. The campaign -- for him -- was always a marketing opportunity."
Did he also say " So democrats, please get over Hillary losing and admit it that Trump is Prez"

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That's exactly why 90% of people run for office (in the primaries).
Only 10% of candidates think they are going to win.
But once Trump got close to winning, he liked the idea of being President, that is for certain.
And actually if you listen to Trump's interviews in the 1980s and 1990s, he has always been extremely passionate about saving America, and he continuously pointed out the errors of Bush and Clinton.
So he clearly always cared about making America great again.

I think he did and does care about America.

Everyone was telling him he had no chance of winning so maybe early on he entered the race to throw a wrench in the works and for self promotion but as he kept winning and his rallies got bigger I think he was swept up in the excitement. Trump already had a huge ego so imagine the pump he got from thousands of cheering fans urging him on.

Becoming President is very lucrative and talk about becoming a world wide brand. The Clinton's supposedly left the White House flat broke, at least that is what Hillary told us, and now they have both written books, given speeches, etc etc.. and now they are multi millionaires and celebrities.

The thing is why would Trump give up his life of luxury to take a step down into public service if not out of concern for America and to feed his ego. Of course no one could have expected the unprecedented heaps of garbage and negativity that thee left piles on him but I think that will add to their undoing in 2020.

11,404 posts, read 4,082,533 times
Michael Cohen would NOT be allowed to testify today before the American people if the republicans still controlled the house.

Sorry, Trump supporters. Elections have consequences.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
And everyone single one of MY Republican friends who voted for Trump didn't want him as the Republican nominee. They didn't think he would be the guy. When he was, of course they hoped he won because it's all about the team winning.

Now they are exhausted of defending him and his policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies