Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 06:55 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times

Advertisements

Holy ****

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status...33245157793792

Old 02-27-2019, 06:56 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I don't think anyone cares what Cohen has to say,
Well I don't think Kim Jong un will care, but it seems to me the democrats hope this will weaken the American President's hand at the negotiation table with a foreign leader.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:01 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Gingrich and Lee Atwater took the Republican party in the direction of lies and smears. Trump fits right in.

The American people need to figure out who is lying here.

Trump, who lies consistently.

Republicans with a history of lies and smear campaigns.

Cohen with his documents, audio tapes, and cancelled checks backing up his version of events.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:01 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Trumplings are already getting desperate to dismiss anything Cohen might say. If he brings a raped recording of Trump or a written note by Trump telling somebody to do something illegal, Trumplings will bring up the fact he was disbarred, as if that would somehow disprove what was on the recording or note.

Freudian slip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I don't think anything can be predicted. The impact of these 3 hearings and of Cohen's testimony will depend on the questions he is asked, the new facts he is able to present, and the evidence he has to back up his assertions.

IMHO, at the very least, this will be the public airing of dirty laundry as it pertains to the character and morality of the person that inhabits the White House, and at the most, it will provide the House an opportunity to glean some tangible and persuasive evidence that may serve as grounds for articles of impeachment.

However, nothing will be more glaring than the reprehensible support and complicity of Congressional Republicans who abrogated their constitutional duty to protect us from the tyranny of a president whose behavior, official policies and communiques challenged and repudiated the founding precepts of our democracy. I am sure we will see attempted repeats of this "protection" this week.

No matter how repulsive we may find Cohen's testimony about the president, IMO there are no greater culprits in this wholly treacherous affair than the Republicans in Congress who squandered every opportunity to rein in this woefully unqualified president, while pursuing their self-interests and willingly contributing to our current hostile state of partisan affairs.

Throughout all of these proceedings and in the annals of history, the question that should be uppermost in the minds of citizens is:what did his enablers in Congress know and when did they know it?
Excellent post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The GOP is preparing its “war room” to counter Cohen’s Capitol Hill testimony tomorrow. “Ahead of the hearing,” Fox News reported, “the RNC is booking surrogates on television and blasting emails to reporters about Cohen.”

They have created a “have fun in prison” video, which features clips of Donald Trump’s former “fixer” stumping for him on the campaign trail, as part of the media blitz the party has planned for Wednesday.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/rnc...michael-cohen/

The RNC is running scared.

Yes, they are. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Are you always this obtuse?

You can tell it with that poster especially his over using the 'LOL's and 'LMAO's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
This is Cohen's opening statement to the Committee - https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...d-bfb99a790001

Geeze. It's too bad I didn't take off today.

Last edited by fitzy24; 02-27-2019 at 07:25 AM..

Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
More like the president scheduling a trip to praise a dictator for continuing to abuse human rights and destabilize the world with nukes as a distraction to his involvement in criminal activity.
This.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:03 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Oh, dear.

Wonder what other documents will be on exhibit.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:05 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
This.
So this is a patriotic act by a democratic party that is trying to sabotage the wrong headed foreign policy directives of the President?

Old 02-27-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, dear.

"I am providing a copy of a $35,000 check that President Trump personally signed from his personal bank account."
Ouch, that's BAD for Donald.

Cohen also claims that Trump knew ahead of time of the Wikileaks dump, and that Cohen and Trump were on speaker phone with Roger Stone when he gave Trump the news.

I'm sure they're already on top of it, but Mueller & SDNY can look at phone records to verify that call.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:08 AM

Nobody can prove this was premeditated by dems, so it's all purely speculation by Trump and his City-Data supporters.

If it was scheduled on purpose on this day to overshadow Trump's NK talks with Kim, it worked. Because a lot of Trump supporters seem to be triggered. LOL

Old 02-27-2019, 07:09 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I think this is an effort by the dems to smear and delegitimize our president on the very day he is engaging in sensitive negotiations with North Korea, which is a slight against our entire nation. Attempting to damage Trump is more important to them than our efforts to bring peace to the Korean Peninsula. Do you agree?

I realize we already have a thread about the Cohen testimony and one about Trump's negotiations with NK. This thread is specifically about the dems timing of the public testimony for the same day as Trump's meeting with Kim Jong-un.
At their heart, the Demonic Rats hate America and want it destroyed...having peace with Noko doesn't serve their purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies