Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 06:19 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I don't care if it gets Trump impeached. What I want is the truth to come out. If Trump is a dirt bag, the American people need to know it. If he isn't, well they should know that too. He could help with the latter by releasing his tax forms so we can all see if he really donates any money to charitable causes, other than to his fake Trump family charity, which the NY AG forced him to shut down because it was a fraud.
Whether Trump is impeached or not makes no difference in the great scheme of things.

Whether the truth comes out does.

Why Trump and his followers are so desperate to hide the truth is concerning.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:20 AM

1,456 posts, read 516,244 times
This is Cohen's opening statement to the Committee - https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...d-bfb99a790001

Quote:
I lied to Congress about when Mr. Trump stopped negotiating the Moscow Tower project in Russia. I stated that we stopped negotiating in January 2016. That was false – our negotiations continued for months later during the campaign.
Quote:
Mr. Trump did not directly tell me to lie to Congress. That’s not how he operates.

In conversations we had during the campaign, at the same time I was actively negotiating in Russia for him, he would look me in the eye and tell me there’s no business in Russia and then go out and lie to the American people by saying the same thing. In his way, he was telling me to lie.
Quote:
Mr. Trump’s personal lawyers reviewed and edited my statement to Congress about the timing of the Moscow Tower negotiations before I gave it.
Quote:
Mr. Trump knew of and directed the Trump Moscow negotiations throughout the campaign and lied about it. He lied about it because he never expected to win the election. He also lied about it because he stood to make hundreds of millions of dollars on the Moscow real estate project.
Quote:
...last fall I pled guilty in federal court to felonies for the benefit of, at the direction of, and in coordination with Individual #1.

For the record: Individual #1 is President Donald J. Trump.
Quote:
[Mr Trump] never expected to win the primary. He never expected to win the general election. The campaign – for him – was always a marketing opportunity.
Quote:
Mr. Trump knew from Roger Stone in advance about the WikiLeaks drop of emails.

In July 2016, days before the Democratic convention, I was in Mr. Trump’s office when his secretary announced that Roger Stone was on the phone. Mr. Trump put Mr. Stone on the speakerphone. Mr. Stone told Mr. Trump that he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange and that Mr. Assange told Mr. Stone that, within a couple of days, there would be a massive dump of emails that would damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Mr. Trump responded by stating to the effect of “wouldn’t that be great.”
Quote:
Mr. Trump inflated his total assets when it served his purposes, such as trying to be listed among the wealthiest people in Forbes, and deflated his assets to reduce his real estate taxes.
Quote:
Mr. Trump directed me to find a straw bidder to purchase a portrait of him that was being auctioned at an Art Hamptons Event. The objective was to ensure that his portrait, which was going to be auctioned last, would go for the highest price of any portrait that afternoon. The portrait was purchased
by the fake bidder for $60,000. Mr. Trump directed the Trump Foundation, which is supposed to be a charitable organization, to repay the fake bidder, despite keeping the art for himself.
Quote:
[Mr Trump] asked me to pay off an adult film star with whom he had an affair, and to lie to his wife about it, which I did.
Quote:
Mr. Trump directed me to use my own personal funds from a Home Equity Line of Credit to avoid any money being traced back to him that could negatively impact his campaign.
Quote:
I am providing a copy of a $35,000 check that President Trump personally signed from his personal bank account on August 1, 2017 – when he was President of the United States – pursuant to the cover-up, which was the basis of my guilty plea, to reimburse me – the word used by Mr. Trump’s TV lawyer -- for the illegal hush money I paid on his behalf. This $35,000 check was one of 11 check installments that was paid throughout the year – while he was President.
Quote:
...I’m talking about a man who declares himself brilliant but directed me to threaten his high school, his colleges, and the College Board to never release his grades or SAT scores. [...] The irony wasn’t lost on me at the time that Mr. Trump in 2011 had strongly criticized President Obama for not releasing his grades.
Quote:
Mr. Trump claimed it was because of a bone spur, but when I asked for medical records, he gave me none and said there was no surgery. He told me not to answer the specific questions by reporters but rather offer simply the fact that he received a medical deferment.

He finished the conversation with the following comment. “You think I’m stupid, I wasn’t going to Vietnam.”

Old 02-27-2019, 06:21 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
There's already enough dirt on that con man in or WH.

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
"Copies of letters I wrote at Mr. Trump’s direction...." About as credible as Comey's "notes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
It seems you’re right. That’s why this happened:

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...19647974629382
If it was not Gaetz's intent to threaten Cohen and intimidate a witness into not testifying, got to wonder why he posted threats and intimation.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:35 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
I totally get it. A family member was BFF for many years with a sociopath con man. They didn't see it until they were conned out of 500K.

Cohen couldn't see Trump for what he really is. Cohen's grandfather told him that the didn't survive the German concentration camps to have the family name ruined by Donald Trump. IMO, that caused Cohen to see what he had ignored for years.

Looks to me like many of Americans are under the spell of a sociopath con man. What will it take for them to see dear leader for what he is?

We get taken in by sociopaths all the time. There are people who still think Ollie North is a hero, and Dick Cheney. I became jaded when I realized the truth about the Gulf of Tonkin. One has to be an ego maniac to think they can save the world for democracy and the American way.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:36 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Cohen is a proven liar, not believing a word he says.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:37 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Bob Mueller not only knows everything Cohen is going to say, he has okayed it and apparently allowed Cohen to bring hard evidence to support himself. Could be that Cohen is testifying at Mueller's request to get things out in front of the public that have the possibilty of being squelched in his final report.

We at home don't have a clue what kind of deals are being made in the dead of night, or what purpose they may be intended to serve.
Individual 1 told the truth about one thing. He could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his supporters would ignore it. Luckily his base is shrinking by the day.

Individual 1 supporters continue to harp on Cohen's lies to Congress. Cohen lied FOR Individual 1. The difference is that Cohen apologized and asked for forgiveness. Individual 1 has never admitted or apologized for the many lies he has told the American people. He continues with his lies. That is a clear sign of a narcissistic con artist. He lied about his medical records during his bone spur era, threatens to sue universities for releasing his transcripts because it will prove he is not so smart (we don't need to see transcripts to figure that out), not releasing his tax returns because it will prove another con, lying about Stormy Daniels, business with Russia, firing of people within the FBI and his administration, inflating and deflating his financial statements to get loans etc. His whole campaign and election are based on corruption and lies.

It's amusing that the extreme right feels all of these Republicans (Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Rosenstein, Cohen, SDNY etc), mostly appointed by Individual 1 are lying about their party affiliation and Individual 1.

Whittaker is in jeopardy if he doesn't straighten out his testimony about contact with Individual 1 and his legal team. Anyone that comes in contact with Individual 1 is jeopardizing their career and good name. Individual 1 is the worst president in history.

Individual 1 is a proven liar, yet he is president and his supporters believe him. Their hypocrisy and credibility are difficult to comprehend.

I believe Cohen's testimony will be mostly credible.

Last edited by KayAnn246; 02-27-2019 at 06:45 AM..

Old 02-27-2019, 06:40 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Yes—Trump isn’t the only one afraid of Pelosi
We all can likely agree that Gaetz did use words that “showed my intent”...
Like Jussie Smollett he thought he could get away with pushing the envelope...

He is going to be investigated by the House Ethics Committee
Head of that is another FL Congressman—direct opposition of Gaetz—so I am sure they are familiar with each other and Deutsch will put the screws to Gaetz...

I guess that thread about Gaetz’ post was blotted out—not available when I was going to post his reply to Pelosi...

Today’s hearing is going to show how afraid the GOP is because the committee members will be out in force trying to thwart Cohen’s testimony...
Wonder how late Trump will stay up to watch Cohen’s testimony...
Bet there will be a great deal of gnashing of teeth in Trump’s hotel room...

Old 02-27-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Cohen is a proven liar, not believing a word he says.
Trump is a proven liar, not believing a word he says.

So where do things stand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies