Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 04:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Cohen’s testimony will be the joke on himself as now everyone who is part of the justice department can hold Michael Cohen respect;on single for his testimony and compare that to what he has claimed before...
Im sure you were trying to communicate something there.

Quote:

In the end Michael Cohen may spend more time in prison, get sued for violation of privacy laws for client/lawyer and most likely never be allowed to practice law.
LOL. Doubtful he will spend more time. And sued for what "privacy laws" specifically? Near as I can tell he will testify about criminal activities-for which there is ZERO privacy laws, about calling minorities horrible things-something NOT related to any attorney client privilege-especially if other parties were present, etc etc.

And the loss of his law license happened the moment he committed crimes for Trump and for himself. Has nothing to do with the testimony.

Quote:
In the end the BIGGEST LOSER is Michael Cohen. Not sure if his ego will survive prison time. He will be the joke of NY!
LOL. Or the hero. Reality is Cohen lied for Trump. I wouldn't be so cheering on of his downfall for supporting Trump. Because thats the future for everyone who supported him.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:22 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,719,381 times
I can't really vote on this, because for me, it depends on 1.) What does Cohen have to say, and 2.) Can Cohen (or Mueller) back it up with proof?

As for impeachment if it does turn out Trump's been committing crimes while running for office/in office....I dunno. The GOP's been put in some awkward spots because of Trump lately--the latest being the whole "National Emergency" (which several of them are publicly breaking with him on). Ironclad proof of criminal activities while running for POTUS/as POTUS may be the straw that breaks the camel's back--and at least then, they could be justified in telling their constituents, "Hey, it was clear he broke the law. We can't ignore that." (Or they could ignore it. Who knows with these guys anymore?)

So I'm taking a 'wait and see' attitude on it.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofan View Post
Since the alleged russian collusion seems unlikely to bring POTUS down Cohen´s testimony seem to be the biggest hope the democrats have to get some dirt on Trump to try to impeach him. Do you think it will happen?
Oh hell no. Trump was right when he said that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue. Republicans will stand behind him no matter WHAT cuz they are terrified he will tweet mean things about them.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:46 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/s...32453876424704

Old 02-26-2019, 07:48 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I can't really vote on this, because for me, it depends on 1.) What does Cohen have to say, and 2.) Can Cohen (or Mueller) back it up with proof?

As for impeachment if it does turn out Trump's been committing crimes while running for office/in office....I dunno. The GOP's been put in some awkward spots because of Trump lately--the latest being the whole "National Emergency" (which several of them are publicly breaking with him on). Ironclad proof of criminal activities while running for POTUS/as POTUS may be the straw that breaks the camel's back--and at least then, they could be justified in telling their constituents, "Hey, it was clear he broke the law. We can't ignore that." (Or they could ignore it. Who knows with these guys anymore?)

So I'm taking a 'wait and see' attitude on it.
Unfortunately, even if there was proof that Trump broke the law his supporters wouldn't care. And yes, they very well could and probably would ignore it.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:58 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
It's about as funny as the American people electing a known con-man to run the country.
The President is many times better at doing his job than you are on assessing the job he is doing. Trump has trumped all the America-haters

Old 02-26-2019, 08:52 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
1) There will be nothing of note.

2) Isn't it comical that Congress (Dems) are calling a witness to testify who has been convicted of lying to Congress??
loyal to their own....

Old 02-26-2019, 09:35 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
When Cohen speaks are we supposed to assume everything is a lie or only half of it?
We know Cohen is happy to lie under oath, so how do you take this testimony?
You do realize when he lied before he was sticking up for Trump?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:48 PM

2,362 posts, read 778,880 times
Testimony alone will never be sufficient enough evidence to impeach anyone much less the president of the USA. Let's not even talk about the testimony from a sleazy professional liar that is known to be Cohen. It's just going to be good TV, and make the cable news networks some money, so be sure to watch.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:53 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Testimony alone will never be sufficient enough evidence to impeach anyone much less the president of the USA. Let's not even talk about the testimony from a sleazy professional liar that is known to be Cohen. It's just going to be good TV, and make the cable news networks some money, so be sure to watch.
Cohen? Oh you mean the lawyer OF the sleazy professional liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies