Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 08:58 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
From USA Today:

The hate attack on Empire star Jussie Smollett is now alleged to be a hoax.
That this case turned out to be a hoax shouldn't come as too big of a shock. A great many hate crime stories turn out to be hoaxes. Simply looking at what happened to the most widely reported hate crime stories over the past 4-5 years illustrates this: not only the Smollett case but also the Yasmin Seweid, Air Force Academy, Eastern Michigan, Wisconsin-Parkside, Kean College, Covington Catholic, and “Hopewell Baptist burning” racial scandals all turned out to be fakes. And, these cases are not isolated outliers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2950146002/

Everytime I hear about an alleged "hate crime" in the news, I immediately become ultra skeptical. Many of these alleged hate crime incidents turn out to be phoney.
Probably the worst case in recent memory was the Israeli Jewish teen who phoned in thousands of bomb threats to Jewish synagogues and other public places in America:

The Tel Aviv District Court on Thursday convicted an Israeli-American teenager of multiple counts of extortion for waging an intimidation campaign of bomb threats, including against Jewish Community Centers in the United States last year.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-isr...-against-jccs/
I am surprised a left wing publication like USA Today would run such an article. Most wont touch this subject with a ten foot poll.

Frankly and sadly, this is not news to many of us. When the black police chief got emotional about the false flag Smollett case, he said "now people will start to question whether an actual hate crime occurred because of his actions", I thought to myself, where have you been hiding, in a cave?

Clearly this rubbish has been going on for a long time, well before leftist kooks were suffering from TDS.
It has also been aided and abetted by a complicit media.
Many a liberal kook has tried to "show that Republicans are hateful racist" by bringing such posters to events like Tea Party rallies.
Then when caught, claimed they were only trying to expose them.
Or the example of when MSNBC used doctored footage of a man with a rifle slug over his shoulder as a protest of Obama, and the talking heads were all going on about how racism toward a black president was at an all time high, and Obama was in danger.
Yet when full video evidence was presented, it was a black man with the rifle, yet the implication was clearly that it was a racist white person.

So whether it is their own racism, homophobic bias or some other view inherent in their belief system, they try to project it onto their ideological enemy.

`

Old 02-24-2019, 09:32 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Love it and bookmarking this site!
I believe the censors took it down. What I linked is to an archive of the site. It came down Monday. Hopefully is gets reborn. There were a ton of cases, all with citations, many of which I recalled reading about.

I find it amusing that the Left says not a word about massive, monolithic, monopolistic tech giants censoring content they don't like. They say not a peep because these millionaires are censoring opinions and facts they dislike, so it's apparently okay. This is truly frightening stuff.

I've often called out the Right for sounding all sorts of alarms about government overreach but nary a peep about private entities limiting our freedoms. Now, it's the Left, at least in this area, that defends and overlooks private entities trying to manipulate us. Unreal.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:58 AM

3,044 posts, read 5,003,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think, though, that the media coverage of these two things were "fake news". There was an incident involving a Covington student. And Smollett did report an assault. The news covered the stories, as the stories evolved. What is "fake" about that?
Are you saying that as long as the news is technically correct, there's no failure news?

If i report that 'DC at the Ridge might have committed this heinous crime last night' is that fake news if tomorrow I post something somewhere in small print saying it didn't happen?

You don't believe there's such thing as deceptive storytelling? Angry white man executes church goer with assault rifle sounds much different than Bystander ends Sutherland church massacre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies