Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:37 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Tell Laura Ingraham that.

Oh yeah..,**** John Wayne.
I told you that.

Pretty sure John doesn’t care what either of you whine about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 06:14 PM

8,340 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Any American dreaming about a homogeneous society is a pipe dreamer. It ain’t EVER gonna happen here no matter what so why even put fuel on the notion?

There’s what you prefer and there’s what you’re gonna get. Whites moved to a land full of red people, imported a whole bunch of black people to do the work, inherited a bunch of brown people through annexation and went begging for more to get cheap labor (always a conservative desire), and brought in yellow people to build railroads and do other work.

To sit here and daydream about an homogeneous society after all of that is pretty pathetic. I suggest you find another nation to move to because no one is leaving this one. Ever.
I didn't and wouldn't have done any of that. Some people, people like you, are likely much better off in a racially diverse society like that of the U.S. for obvious reasons.

John Wayne said it well.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Any American dreaming about a homogeneous society is a pipe dreamer. It ain’t EVER gonna happen here no matter what so why even put fuel on the notion?

There’s what you prefer and there’s what you’re gonna get. Whites moved to a land full of red people, imported a whole bunch of black people to do the work, inherited a bunch of brown people through annexation and went begging for more to get cheap labor (always a conservative desire), and brought in yellow people to build railroads and do other work.

To sit here and daydream about an homogeneous society after all of that is pretty pathetic. I suggest you find another nation to move to because no one is leaving this one. Ever.
So there was a time in history where the strong (with technology/weapons/money/knowledge) conquered the weak? Hasn’t that somewhat been going on for all of recorded human history? In a way it’s still going on as the wealthy/intelligent self segregate and leave the poor to deal with their own problems.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I didn't and wouldn't have done any of that. Some people, people like you, are likely much better off in a racially diverse society like that of the U.S. for obvious reasons.

John Wayne said it well.
It’s done already. Your grandfather’s America is long gone and it ain’t coming back.

As for my personal fortunes, whatever. Your ancestors were among the failures in a homogeneous European society, which is why they immigrated to this country...which was a multiracial country when they got here. They came here voluntarily as opposed to my ancestors who were forced to come here and were happy where they came from.

See...you messed up by coming at me with that haughty bull****! I know better. You’re just as fortunate (more actually) to be here as I am. Your ancestors would’ve died in some European hellhole of starvation. They barely had enough money to ride here in steerage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So there was a time in history where the strong (with technology/weapons/money/knowledge) conquered the weak? Hasn’t that somewhat been going on for all of recorded human history? In a way it’s still going on as the wealthy/intelligent self segregate and leave the poor to deal with their own problems.
Not my problem that you’re getting left behind.

You’re right about the strong, but don’t talk about it as if you have firsthand experience of being among the conquerors. You’re not.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
It’s done already. Your grandfather’s America is long gone and it ain’t coming back.

As for my personal fortunes, whatever. Your ancestors were among the failures in a homogeneous European society, which is why they immigrated to this country...which was a multiracial country when they got here. They came here voluntarily as opposed to my ancestors who were forced to come here and were happy where they came from.

See...you messed up by coming at me with that haughty bull****! I know better. You’re just as fortunate (more actually) to be here as I am. Your ancestors would’ve died in some European hellhole of starvation. They barely had enough money to ride here in steerage.

Not my problem that you’re getting left behind.

You’re right about the strong, but don’t talk about it as if you have firsthand experience of being among the conquerors. You’re not.
My point had nothing to do with me. Those that did the conquering weren’t me, but they did what people did at the time. If that hurts your feelings, oh well. I’m sure social Darwinism has an explanation. For example, “whites” could conquer now but society has evolved and we as a people have decided to help the weak.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
My point had nothing to do with me. Those that did the conquering weren’t me, but they did what people did at the time. If that hurts your feelings, oh well. I’m sure social Darwinism has an explanation. For example, “whites” could conquer now but that society has evolved.
Yep, that’s what they did. End justifies the means, right? Okay.

But evil is evil. If people have to accept that evil deeds are just part of human nature, well then complaining about and pointing out evil is ALSO human nature. Calling it “conquest” doesn’t make it any less evil. This world is supposed to be on a trajectory where we don’t repeat past evils. We’re supposed to evolve. If you don’t believe in that, then maybe I should just come over and Jack you for your belongings since you seem to be endorsing the law of the jungle prevailing in what’s supposed to be a civil society.

What Wayne said in that interview was nauseating. Now I know that standards have slipped in the age of Trump, but they haven’t slipped THAT damn much. We all know right from wrong. I imagine that you right wingers find his statements to be charming to say the least since you’re all on that anti political correctness kick, and you think insulting people in the interest of so-called being truthful is cute. But it ain’t cute, and his views were that of a knuckledragging idiot.

That aside, great movies though. Lol

As to your comment about whites conquering, I’ll chalk that up to two things....it’s late and you’ve had too many beers, and you’re looking to flatter yourself. I’m not gonna entertain it.

It’s enough to know that YOU can’t conquer ME...and that’s all the comfort I need.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Yep, that’s what they did. End justifies the means, right? Okay.

But evil is evil. If people have to accept that evil deeds are just part of human nature, well then complaining about and pointing out evil is ALSO human nature. Calling it “conquest” doesn’t make it any less evil. This world is supposed to be on a trajectory where we don’t repeat past evils. We’re supposed to evolve. If you don’t believe in that, then maybe I should just come over and Jack you for your belongings since you seem to be endorsing the law of the jungle prevailing in what’s supposed to be a civil society.

What Wayne said in that interview was nauseating. Now I know that standards have slipped in the age of Trump, but they haven’t slipped THAT damn much. We all know right from wrong. I imagine that you right wingers find his statements to be charming to say the least since you’re all on that anti political correctness kick, and you think insulting people in the interest of so-called being truthful is cute. But it ain’t cute, and his views were that of a knuckledragging idiot.

That aside, great movies though. Lol
Show me where the stars spell out what evil is or give us any direction on which way to go. Society will always determine that. The majority determined what defines evil so people stopped conquering the weak...although most of them (liberal and conservative) have chosen not to associate with the weak.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Show me where the stars spell out what evil is or give us any direction on which way to go. Society will always determine that. The majority determined what defines evil so people stopped conquering the weak...although most of them (liberal and conservative) have chosen not to associate with the weak.
The stars? I don’t believe in superstition or God. Humans instinctively know what’s right and what’s wrong.

The main reason why man in civilized society ends up putting an end to certain evils is because of the toll that committing evil does on the evildoer and the evildoer’s society. It’s a huge reason why slavery had to end in this country. It had a deleterious affect on American society as a whole.

Evil rarely ends just because people become more enlightened.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
The stars? I don’t believe in superstition or God. Humans instinctively know what’s right and what’s wrong.

The main reason why man in civilized society ends up putting an end to certain evils is because of the toll that committing evil does on the evildoer and the evildoer’s society. It’s a huge reason why slavery had to end in this country. It had a deleterious affect on American society as a whole.

Evil rarely ends just because people become more enlightened.
So you just answered my question. Nothing defines right and wrong aside from the collective opinion. Who knows what society will define as evil in 1000 years.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
So you just answered my question. Nothing defines right and wrong aside from the collective opinion. Who knows what society will define as evil in 1000 years.
No...I didn’t answer your question at all. I disagree with you. But we can agree to disagree.

That said, widespread acceptance of evil won’t be coming fast enough for your taste...you can put your money on that. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies