Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 10:58 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If New York can murder new born babies because the woman changes her mind at the last minute why can’t Texas execute illegal aliens who jump the border?
So how many women changed their mind. And doctors would not give her an abortion because of that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 12:38 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one is pro abortion. It's a very personal and agonizing decision. But they should be able to have that option.
I know someone who is a miserable example of a human being. He lies, cheats, steals. But he's clever enough to not get caught. He bullies and beats people, sometimes inflicting severe injuries, and always leaving his victims terrified and traumatized. There have been a few suicides that could be attributed to his acts, in addition to a number of ruined lives.

The world would definitely be better off without this guy. I have actually considered doing him in. But that would be a very personal, agonizing decision for me. Killing a man is a horrible thing, even if he deserves it.

But I should be able to have that option, shouldn't I?

Old 03-03-2019, 02:19 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Citizens have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness unless you're a fetus. A fetus gets killed and thrown in the dumpster.......much to the delight of NYC Dems.....
Women have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....until they become pregnant, then Republicans would have them relegated to the status of an incubator devoid of rights, in effect, property of the state.

Republicans would take much delight in putting women back in the kitchen and homosexuals back in the closet.....a return to the 1950's when lesser-thans like women, homosexuals and people of color knew their place.

Last edited by Annie53; 03-03-2019 at 02:43 AM..

Old 03-03-2019, 02:37 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Unless the fetus has capacity to feel pain and be self-aware of that pain, the idea that a fetus is a person (especially in the early stages) is just simply not tenable without belief in some kind of supernaturalism. That said, I do not favor abortions in the third trimester unless there is evidence of severe deformity or disability - although I do not believe in forced termination of pregnancy even for that reason (that would be IMO eugenics or awfully close to it).

Old 03-03-2019, 04:24 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
So how many women changed their mind. And doctors would not give her an abortion because of that reason.
You better read the law.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:27 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
No one is pro abortion. It's a very personal and agonizing decision. But they should be able to have that option. I wish you guys were this compassionate about the kids already here waiting to be adopted.
1) Yes, plenty of people are pro-abortion. But that doesn't make the decision to have an abortion an easy one, or any less personal and agonizing. If you support abortion being legal, you are pro-abortion. Claiming to be pro-life personally or what not doesn't change things. No, they are pro-abortion because they know the effect that keeping abortion legal and easy will have.

2) We can't make anyone adopt children in foster care. But, at least those kids in foster care are alive and able to forge their own paths and life. These are children who, despite their hard lives, go on to live meaningful lives with families of their own, etc.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:15 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The state would suffer economic boycotts and significant loss of revenue and likely loss of jobs. On top of that there would probably be federal retaliation in aid and subsidies. Lawsuits galore. Back alley abortions. A state would not be allowed to secede even if they were dumb enough to try over this issue. Oh, and states can't nullify federal laws or Supreme Court rulings.
I already figured economic boycotts would happen, which is why I'd suggest organizing a nationwide boycott of said genocide-supporting companies. Trust me, I know that Big Business is a tyrannical entity that needs to be put down. I saw their thuggery when they attacked the religious freedom bills and good bathroom bills and I'm never going to forgive them for it or forget what they did!

Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
It's a simple process. The state would pass a law, which would be challenged in federal court. When the federal court made its ruling, the loser would appeal to the Supreme Court. At that time, SCOTUS would decide whether to uphold or overturn Roe.
You don't get it. What if a state said "Even if the Supreme Court said we have to enforce Roe, we're not going to!"?

Old 03-06-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not to mention women in those states could just go to another state to have an abortion, said Captain Obvious.
Then we just pass "No border hopping" laws like we did when people went across state laws for prostitution.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:03 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Since states can nullify federal immigration law so freely and a court ruled that DC can't cut funding to them because of it, then it should stand that states are free to nullify Roe vs. Wade and ban all abortions in spite of the ruling.

I seriously would like to see what DC would do. Would they really send in troops to try and MAKE us allow child genocide? If so, I say that perhaps it's time we break away from DC and secede.
"Banning" abortion will not make it go away. It will just make it illegal.

You might want to look up the definition of genocide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies