Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2019, 05:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, not everyone here who is human feels exactly the same way, and I'm not going to go through this thread again. If you read all the posts, apparently you missed those who want Clinton's name removed from the discussion because he's no longer president, they feel there's no proof, or because Trump is worse, etc.
There is no discussion of that.....this is about Epstein. Period.

Trump figures in only on the Acosta angle which is not sexual or criminal...that is, why did Acosta end up in a very high government position after doing this "favor".....

But even that is speculation. See if you can keep up. The odds of Trump being criminally involved in this thing are about as low as those of Clinton being the same - close to zero.

That may make some people sad, but the reality is that it is Epstein and his pimps (Maxwell, etc.) who are probably first in line.

I don't see this as being some RICO thing, although it surely could involve a couple or a dozen people by the end.

LOTS of people will be named...just like all the people in the DC Madam's book who all broke the law. But how many of them were tried or convicted?

There is definitely, IMHO, a double standard....that is, remember Elliot Spitzer had to immediately quit a high position for having consensual sex? Not even a question - quite immediately! Then there was Al Franken..a comedian making a joke (on a tour where he was telling jokes!) has to quit.

Republicans are fine with a puzzy grabber who pays off his targets or get them threatened.

But that's fodder for another thread.

Again, see if you can keep up. This is about Epstein....and when LE comes up with other info we can get into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 05:47 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Well, I’ve been doing some research and found some interesting things. Before Epstein went to jail (kinda) for 13 months, maybe, just maybe people could claim they had no idea he was this pervert. But after? No way. So, inquiring minds want to know - was he shunned? Hardly.

Enter Peggy Siegel. She runs a high powered PR firm focusing in particular on Hollywood celebs and major media personalities. She held a party at Epstein’s house for him after he got out of jail. Who was there? Oh some surprises. Katie Couric, Woody Allen (not surprising), George Stephanopoulos, Chelsea Handler, and other of the New York elite. Mind you, this is after he’s been to jail, after he’s been labeled a sex offender. He was even invited to a film premiere - Argo - which Seigal coordinated. This premiere will become important later. What was the general reaction to Epstein being outed as a pedo?

Quote:
No one in café society gives a damn that a 15-year-old girl gives massages
Nice folks these. Check out this article from 2012. A bit gross the way they all just didn’t care.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/katie-...ds-close-ranks

Another nugget from this article...

Quote:
I've never condoned paying for sex, but if the young lady lied about her age it's her own fault," explained one socialite, who along with hedge-fund manager Wilbur Ross and real-estate magnate Leon Black hobnobbed with Epstein at a Southampton movie screening just two months after his release from "community control" in Florida.
Ah there’s that movie screening. That was Argo - the one put together by Seigal. Who was there besides Epstein? Well one name jumps out. Cyrus Vance. https://pagesix.com/2012/10/11/a-list-argo-bash/

Why is Cyrus Vance an important name here? He was the DA in New York and the same office that tried to get Epstein’s Level 3 status as a sex offender (the highest) reduced to the lowest - level 1.

The judge disagreed and in fact was shocked by this request.
Quote:
I have to tell you, I’m a little overwhelmed because I have never seen a prosecutor’s office do anything like this,” the judge told Ms. Gaffney.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/n...e-epstein.html

Frankly, this whole thing stinks and a lot of people should have their feet held to the fire for the way they were so willing to overlook this pedo’s behavior - of course until it became inconvienent for them socially to do so. Disgusting, the lot of them.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nobody is defending Clinton. If he's guilty, lock him up for life. Ditto ANYONE who is a child rapist.
I agree. I just don't know what Clinton has to do with any of this, though. This whole thread has turned into Clinton Vs. Trump. Which was somewhat predictable, I suppose.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Frankly, this whole thing stinks and a lot of people should have their feet held to the fire for the way they were so willing to overlook this pedo’s behavior - of course until it became inconvienent for them socially to do so. Disgusting, the lot of them.
These are NYC Values which Trump and 100's of others have always followed and held dear.

For whatever reason, a percentage of a populace was lured into thinking these values are good for society and the country - maybe it was Reality TV that did so.

But none of this is new. Orgies, drugs, prostitutes, etc...all par for the course among the rich and famous in NYC.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:51 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,452,471 times
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...1E9apCi9XiMUmM

Old 07-10-2019, 05:55 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
No, not everyone here who is human feels exactly the same way, and I'm not going to go through this thread again. If you read all the posts, apparently you missed those who want Clinton's name removed from the discussion because he's no longer president, they feel there's no proof, or because Trump is worse, etc.
I'm one of those and not bc of any love for Clinton. Claiming it's fair to say both are equally blameworthy or suspects when the case against one is ONLY overlapping itinerary and the case against the other is an actual rape charge filed by one of the victims is absurd.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm one of those and not bc of any love for Clinton. Claiming it's fair to say both are equally blameworthy or suspects when the case against one is ONLY overlapping itinerary and the case against the other is an actual rape charge filed by one of the victims is absurd.
When a black man is shot for no reason and other cops say nothing, we all say that as long as they say nothing, those silent cops are just as dirty.

Double standard, I see. SHOCKING!

Old 07-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree. I just don't know what Clinton has to do with any of this, though. This whole thread has turned into Clinton Vs. Trump. Which was somewhat predictable, I suppose.
It's from a holes trying to carry water for Trump by grinding their axe with Clinton and picking the wrong time to make their "stand."

One of the girls we're supposed to be outraged for is pointing her finger at one of the rapists and these a holes are trying to hide that by fabricating a connection based on overlapping itinerary.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
When a black man is shot for no reason and other cops say nothing, we all say that as long as they say nothing, those silent cops are just as dirty.

Double standard, I see. SHOCKING!
When a black man is shot for no reason and identifies the shooter, only an a hole would jump in to say there's a fireman who goes to the same gym -- maybe he's just as guilty.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:26 PM

18,102 posts, read 15,676,604 times
This indictment sure has triggered some folks on this forum. It's almost as if they're taking Epstein's arrest personally, like it's a close family member who's about to get indicted too.

Yes, Epstein has had friends in very high and very low places, friends including royalty, presidents, people throughout the government, people in entertainment, CEOs, you name it.

What is it, this unfettered adoration and love for a political being? I've never felt that way about *any* president or congressperson, or famous person, ever. WHY is the real possibility of 1 or more presidents (yes, including possibly the current one) having more than a cursory acquaintance and possibly being involved in Epstein's 'parties' such a personal issue for some of you?

To me it's not personal at all. It's a legal issue. IF someone engaged in sex with a minor, IF someone sexually assaulted a minor, then they should be held accountable for their crime(s) no matter who they are, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and spend a lot of time in prison.

HOW could anyone be against that? And what excuse do you have if you are against that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies