Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has LGBT advocacy gone too far?
Yes. 88 49.72%
No. 89 50.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 04:46 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

I would leave it at this... If you still have a penis, then you must use the male bathroom, when you have gender reassignment surgery and lose it, them you can use the female bathroom...

Old 03-12-2019, 04:58 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Homosexuality is a sexual preference that should be tolerated. Nothing more than that. LGBT advocacy is getting on my nerves.

- You're not part of a special victim group because you're gay. A gay white male, is a white male. Civil rights has got nothing to do with you.

- If you're a man, go to the male bathroom and shut up about it. We're not gonna change public bathroom laws for you. That's just ridiculous. Why do we have to make a whole room of women uncomfortable to accommodate the lifestyle of one transgender man? You can pretend to be woman all day, but you gotta use the men's bathroom. That's not too much to ask.

- LGBTism should not be promoted in the media or taught to children in schools. Gays are prosthelytizing in the schools. That's just wrong.

Why can't they just be gay, and leave it at that?
You seem confused about the difference between a Transexual and a Gay man or Lesbian. If being Gay or Lesbian was a "choice" why would any person choose to be "tolerated" as opposed to just accepted?
None of it is an easy life - many States still have laws on the books allowing discrimination for housing and even jobs if you are Gay or Lesbian.

The concept is very simple -- Equal Rights for all People. Not special Rights, just Equal Rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Trans “rights” have become ridiculous. Please don’t lump gays and lesbians in there.
I don't think any of this wave of "ridiculous" activism have much to do with normal gays and lesbians - it's the Activists that need to validate their JOB of Activism. As Gays/Lesbians have become more accepted and mainstream - the Radical Activists need new targets and causes. Transgenders were handy. Attacking Bakeries, Florists and others (Hate Chicken) have done more harm to the Gay/Lesbian community as a whole than any help at all. This will only stop when Normal Gays/Lesbians step up like Martina Navratilova did.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:03 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
There is a move to remove Transgendered from the "Gay" movement since it really is a totally separate issue.

It should be.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:09 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
As a man who was born a total lesbian, I think the trans stuff has gone too far. However, you cannot judge me because I'm a man who was born totally lesbian. I love ALL women! Fat women, skinny, short, tall, big, small, apple, pear, Amish, Mennonite, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, lesbian, straight, pimply, clear skinned, pale, olive, tan, black, yellow, red, natural, trimmed, blonde, brunet, auburn, red, grey, black, even all the ones depicted on Star Trek and all those other movies... ALL of them! ...except maybe that one on Alien, you know, that female monster that Sigourney Weaver (fricken hotty!) fought? I didn't like HER, that monster, so I guess I'm not a total TOTAL lesbian born in a man's body. I'm more of a mostly total lesbian born in a man's body.

Oh crap... my wife is reading over my shoulder. Did I mention that of all the women I love, I love HER most? Dammit! See the trouble this LGBTQRSTLMNOP thing is getting me into! THAT is my only real concern about it. That and men competing against women in women's only sports or going into women's locker rooms and bath rooms. Other than that...

Yes dear... I really DO love you the most, now will you please quit reading over my shoulder?

I hope everyone took this post for the humor it was meant to be.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
What troubles me about them is that they demand too much visibility in the democratic party. That much visibility scares away moderates.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:27 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
As others have said, the OP seems confused about gay people and trans people.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:31 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Your first post is exactly why it is being talked about in school. Being gay is not a 'preference' it is the way someone is born.

Do you really want a trans person walking into the bathroom of the gender they were born with? You'll have someone walking into women's the bathroom, beard and all getting screamed at.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:32 AM

293 posts, read 121,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I would leave it at this... If you still have a penis, then you must use the male bathroom, when you have gender reassignment surgery and lose it, them you can use the female bathroom...
You might want to brush up on basic anatomy

Women are not men without penises

Old 03-12-2019, 06:27 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
The LGBT community and agenda are irrelevant to me as they represent maybe 1% - 3% maximum of the entire population. Yet, the Media, Hollywood, and Dems have made them a cause celeb. I say live and let live, but don't try to raise them above everyone as some sort of social statement.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There is a move to remove Transgendered from the "Gay" movement since it really is a totally separate issue.

It should be.
No shortage of gay people agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies