Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 12:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You don't see people begging for their lives and watch bullets enter their body in videos of 9/11. Yes, you see broad implications of death - the explosions, people jumping from buildings, buildings collapsing - but you don't see their moment of death. You can't see their eyes as they die or their brain and other body parts splattering across the floor.

You can't compare one with the other.
So I take it you watched it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 01:03 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,584,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
WHY is the Main Stream Media giving total coverage to the NZ massacre, but not mentioning this:

https://www.breitbart.com/africa/201...s-three-weeks/

Is it racism or religious bias?
Or both?

Oh, of course, the NZ incident was all on one day, the Nigerian killings were over the period of 3 weeks. Obviously, nothing of interest there....
Jihadists killing Christians doesn't fit the narrative. One nutcase killing Muslims, that's news!!
It has the added benefit of another mass shooting too proving guns are evil.

The desperation to create propaganda at the expense of integrity and actually reporting news to forward an agenda is pathetic.
Both incidents happened, both atrocities against religious people by very sick monsters. Why not promote both??

The answer is too painfully obvious.

Back when Walter Cronkite did it to put his own spin on the Vietnam War, other news options didn't exist for people to easily use for reference and fact checks, so he was able to portray only what he wanted people to hear.
Now we have all the news of the world at our fingertips. It's a lot harder for them to get away with lies and obfuscation of news they don't want you to hear.

Any wonder they're now known as fake news?

Old 03-18-2019, 01:07 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Fine. Argue with someone else about it then.
When the going gets tough, the weak makes excuses and act indifferently.

Probably your upbringing, I guess -little value placed on honesty.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:09 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Doesn’t fit their narrative of banning guns and blaming Trump and anyone who voted for him for anything and everything bad under the sun.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:13 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Christianity includes the Old Testament. You are too young to remember the Inquisition, Grasshopper.

None of the devout Muslims I know will cut your head off. Relax.
The Old Testament is not based on the words of the Christian prophet. The Koran IS based on the words of the warlord prophet.

And the Muslims you know are not "devout"-they are not following the words of Muhammad. Thankfully that is the case with a good number of them. I suppose there were Nazis that just joined up because their neighbors were Nazis too-but didn't run the gas chambers.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:14 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
Wrong thread.

Last edited by homina12; 03-18-2019 at 01:25 PM..

Old 03-18-2019, 01:36 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yessir, thank you for verifying that the deaths of over 100 Christians at the hands of Muslim extremists is not as important as the deaths of 50 Muslims at the hand of a non-Muslim crackpot.
I guess to paraphrase Orwell in Animal Farm: "Some people are more equal than the others"...

Old 03-18-2019, 01:36 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Simple enough question to inquire as to the amount of interest in watching people get shot and if someone would admit to it.
No.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:37 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Simple enough question to inquire as to the amount of interest in watching people get shot and if someone would admit to it.
No.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:37 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Nope, I know enough to turn my stomach. Watching this demented video would hurt my soul.

This. I've seen people die and it's not enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
There's a huge difference between watching something that is fiction and a real-time real-life massacre. You're conflating movies and games with real violence.

Also this. What a stupid comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies