Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 08:12 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Google does say we can download the videos if the creator gave consent :
Not consent by the act of uploading the stream - prior written consent, to you, the prospective downloader, personally.

A piece of paper that says "Sorel36 may download the livestream I uploaded", signed, Brenton Tarrant.

Capiche?

It goes against YouTube's entire business model to allow their videos to be downloaded and hosted elsewhere. It's a STREAMING platform.

Not to mention the tremendous fall out from having livestreams that were hosted on their site having such vile content that then gets distributed around the world after they've taken it down.

The social media giants are indeed feeling the heat from giving this crap a platform in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 08:14 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Not consent by the act of uploading the video, prior written consent, to you, the prospective downloader, personally.
Quote:
A piece of paper that says "Sorel36 may download the livestream I uploaded", signed, Brenton Tarrant.
Link ? Or is it your own peculiar interpretation again ?

No one said uploading the video implied consent, where did you get that from ?

Last edited by Sorel36; 03-18-2019 at 08:22 PM..

Old 03-18-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Link ?
What do you think "without the prior written consent" means???

Quote:
No one said uploading the video implied consent, where did you get that from ?
Enough. Sheesh. You might have actually learned something today, but I don't give a rat's arse whether you understand it or not. All the info is right there in front of you.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:26 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,568 times
Quote:

You are claiming that consent needs to be made for each individual. Whereas it is common in the industry that content creators release their copyright claims and upload freely available content merely by writing in the description/on their website the content is free for all who wish to use it. No need to mail a piece of paper to all individuals. This is a ridiculous claim.

So, saying in the description on youtube, or any other site, that the content is free, makes it free. You're welcome.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:

Enough. Sheesh. You might have actually learned something today, but I don't give a rat's arse whether you understand it or not. All the info is right there in front of you.
You totally derailed this thread because of you have an issue how a video is being distributed. Wow. I hope a mod can erase the last few pages.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You totally derailed this thread because of you have an issue how a video is being distributed. Wow. I hope a mod can erase the last few pages.
First, it's my thread, and livestream is in the title of the thread, so it's completely relevant.

Second, obviously no one understands how this works, and if people feel they have the right to stuff that doesn't belong to them, then I'm allowed to inform them. You don't have to read my posts if it's annoying you.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
You are claiming that consent needs to be made for each individual. Whereas it is common in the industry that content creators release their copyright claims and upload freely available content merely by writing in the description/on their website the content is free for all who wish to use it. No need to mail a piece of paper to all individuals. This is a ridiculous claim.

So, saying in the description on youtube, or any other site, that the content is free, makes it free. You're welcome.

It's not a ridiculous claim, it's quite common for people to grant individuals use of their material in writing. Of course I didn't mean actual paper. Electronically would be sufficient.

I can't speak to your claim that you can just tag it free use to enable others to download. Sounds plausible though, thank you. I'll check it out.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
https://twitter.com/BILLBR0NS0N/status/1107058933645008898

Skippy is fixing to have hell rain down upon him. The very thing he has lived his life for.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:55 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Because that's what the shooter wanted you to do. Apart from the fact that watching people get murdered just adds a whole other indignity to their and their loved one's suffering.
Sorry for the breaking news, but this video is already on the internet via torrent sites. It’s already being watched and continues to be downloaded.

It’s makes no difference what the shooter wants, that’s what people want to see, a mass shooting.

You’re not the gate keeper of what people can or can’t watch. If someone wants to watch a person defecating on the internet, that’s their choice.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Sorry for the breaking news, but this video is already on the internet via torrent sites. It’s already being watched and continues to be downloaded.

It’s makes no difference what the shooter wants, that’s what people want to see, a mass shooting.

You’re not the gate keeper of what people can or can’t watch. If someone wants to watch a person defecating on the internet, that’s their choice.
I'm not telling people anything, they aren't my T&C;'s. Watch whatever you want, it's on you.

But I'm not going to accept that in all circumstances you have the RIGHT to watch someone else's video. That remains to be seen. That's what I'm interested in exploring. Of course it's out there. Not disputing that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies