Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

The liberals are now using international shooting events to push their gun confiscation dreams.

I really don't care what happens/happened in NZ. What happens there should have next to no effect on my rights as an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 02:37 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times
One poster on Kiwifarms noted the following detail; the New Zealand Herald did some editing of their article about the shooting while we compare archived copies from March 15 and March 19 located on the Wayback Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190315...ectid=12213039
https://web.archive.org/web/20190319...ectid=12213039

Old 03-19-2019, 08:09 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The liberals are now using international shooting events to push their gun confiscation dreams.
I really don't care what happens/happened in NZ. What happens there should have next to no effect on my rights as an American.
What other citizens do in their own countries is their problem. Globalists are such control freaks though

Old 03-19-2019, 08:36 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
First, it's my thread, and livestream is in the title of the thread, so it's completely relevant.

Second, obviously no one understands how this works, and if people feel they have the right to stuff that doesn't belong to them, then I'm allowed to inform them. You don't have to read my posts if it's annoying you.
You don't own this thread, a mod can come and delete each of your posts if they wanted to. Close it. Erase or change your post. Not your thread bud.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:48 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
One poster on Kiwifarms noted the following detail; the New Zealand Herald did some editing of their article about the shooting while we compare archived copies from March 15 and March 19 located on the Wayback Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190315...ectid=12213039
https://web.archive.org/web/20190319...ectid=12213039

Most likely because no one actually returned fire despite earlier reports. A mosque member picked up an empty gun left by the shooter and attempted to shoot him. If you notice they also erased the statement about the cops getting shot. It did not happen either.

Of course, the PM seized this opportunity to change the laws. Surprisingly, all government members agreed, including the right wing, New Zealand First, and the one libertarian. The culture must just be different there. For the few guys who will not want to surrender their guns (it seems there will not be a grandfathering provision), the only option will be to bury their semis in a well hidden place.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:18 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What other citizens do in their own countries is their problem. Globalists are such control freaks though
It’s the nationalists interfering with my life more.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:12 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
There's a certain irony that a man from Australia who went on a shooting spree in New Zealand was complaining about immigrants.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:26 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Of course, the PM seized this opportunity to change the laws. Surprisingly, all government members agreed, including the right wing, New Zealand First, and the one libertarian. The culture must just be different there. For the few guys who will not want to surrender their guns (it seems there will not be a grandfathering provision), the only option will be to bury their semis in a well hidden place.
And that PM seem to live in a cloud instead of the real world. Another poster on Kiwifarms posted a interesting post then I quoted an exterpt if it's ok with everyone. https://kiwifarms.net/threads/brento...3/post-4465451

Quote:
I have a neighbour who fled his own country to get away from Islamic terror many, many years ago.
Over the years, he's become more and more disgusted with how the west is pandering to victim culture and putting muslims on a pedestal. The freedoms he came to the west for are being over run by the same kind of idiotic way of thought he faced back home. I don't think the sojus crowd really realise what they're doing - their outrage culture is the exact same as it is in 3rd world countries, where no one seeks the truth and just spreads rumor and lies to justify their own agenda. They may realise, but perhaps they don't care because they're on the "winning" side atm.
They really don't understand that one day their neck will be in the noose.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:02 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
There's a certain irony that a man from Australia who went on a shooting spree in New Zealand was complaining about immigrants.
why? is there evidence that the shooter was an immigrant?
if not, i'm failing to see any irony.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:06 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Was thinking that as well. Just like the White Nationalists here in the states tell minorities to go back where they came from, as if the United States belongs to white people.

How conveniently those far-right nutters forget that this land was inhabited by Native Americans before white immigrants arrived and killed most of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies