Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
They actually weren't slaughtered for food or market demand. They were slaughtered because of railroad interests. It was the Republican way. Sacrifice the planet for the sake of the almighty dollar.
But wasn't this before the parties switched places?
Or are you telling me the (current) Democrats were the party of racism through this same time period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 09:56 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yes, you are correct. Americans also slaughtered the Native Indians as well. It was a shameful period, but there isn't much I can do about something that happened over 180 years ago.

Bison is tasty , and I have a pair of hand made boots out of Bison that will out live me.
And Indians slaughtered Americans. My own ancestor was abducted and raised by Indians, most Ameriucans in his village were killed. The Indians let him live, because, as a baby, they placed him in some freezing water and he didn't cry. Why call it a slaughter instead of a war? Seems pretty disgraceful to the Indians. They didn't exactly take it like a bunch of *******. They fought just as hard.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:00 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Native Americans killed the Mammont, the saber tooth tiger the giant ground sloth and a few more

and lets not forget those wonderful natives that liked to capture other native americans and rip their still beating hearts from their chests.... and skin folk and dance around in their bloody hides.

yea that stuff happened too. so whatever

Old 03-25-2019, 10:01 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
There is a massive difference between cattle and farm animals to wild bison.

Animals that live on the land help nurture it, just like indigenous people do.

Marketers keep breeding rates artificially high for some animals that can be used by closed off ranches or farm land so that consumers can have a steady stream of supplies, but when it comes to nature and its circle of life (ecosystem), they will gladly destroy it all for a few bucks.

And that is ignoring extraction all together.

Now if locals controlled the land they lived on rather than letting corporations come in to organize production, the land would stable because they would have an invested interest in keeping their home alive.
Four legs, two legs, fins, fur, feathers or scales,they are resources and resources are best conserved by private ownership,private markets and prices. As scarcity rises, so does the value and results in greater conservation.

Its why the price "gouging" of water and gasoline during a disaster is actually a positive for those desperately in need. High prices discourage hoarding and promote conservation.
Did you know the soviets in part had to rely on the sears catalogue because they had no way to value the goods they were providing to their people?

Old 03-25-2019, 10:04 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I just watched something that had a different view on that subject and for the life of me, I can't remember which show it was.

As usual, the truth is usually somewhere in between the the viewpoints.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-25-2019, 10:05 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Here is some actual American history for those interested.

Lewis & Clark on their expedition west noted in their journal that one of the tribes that had become better armed had pushed Sacajawea's tribe off good land and westward up into the poorer mountainous land.

They noted a Buffalo hunt using the trick to stampede them off a cliff and how that first tribe only took the best cuts of meat and left the rest to rot. Fast forward to when they got to Sacajaweas tribe and they were starving to the point that when L&C's party shot a deer, the tribe members ate it raw where it fell.

So many interesting realities in history beyond the basic bleached version of things.
So true.

Don't be a lazy wasichu, buying into every marketing scheme designed to pull at your heart strings to separate you from your dollars instead of doing something of real benefit. Make the effort to learn.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:23 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww3cMgFr2xQ

Bison kept the grass fields healthy and offered Natives food and building material. The savage Americans slaughtered them for market demand and the evil American consumer took it all for their high living standards.

Damn them all.
Native American Indians would have done the same exact thing had their population grown.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:27 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Is there anything else about American people or America that you don’t like? Let’s gather it all in one thread.
Oh here you are gravely mistaken friend, I am one of the few people in this world that love America.

I love the forests, the valley, the open spirit of freedom, the ancient history, and the will of the land. I love America with a deep passion and it pains me to see its destruction at the hands of greed and fear.

A people giving up their freedom in return for protection and selling their lands for more money. It is a poison deep within the well of the American spirit submitting all to savagery.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:32 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
I saw where Ted Turner has a large managed Bison herd. Maybe the largest. Do "wild" bison carry diseases like we sometimes hear about deer and elk? We had that mad cow disease scare some years ago. Is there a mad bison disease?

Old 03-25-2019, 10:37 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I saw where Ted Turner has a large managed Bison herd. Maybe the largest. Do "wild" bison carry diseases like we sometimes hear about deer and elk? We had that mad cow disease scare some years ago. Is there a mad bison disease?
They are susceptible to "mad cow," brucellosis, anthrax, and all other diseases that affect herbivores.

Daughter's in laws raise them. Vaccinating bison for their health can be exciting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies