Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 05:18 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,545,217 times

Advertisements

The San Diego County Board of supervisors is overwhelmingly Republican and very fiscally conservative, SD only had a Democrat rep on the County Board of Supervisors in November.

Long Term Care refers not to long term health coverage but rather long term care in a Skilled Nursing Facility or an Institute for Mentally Diseased, so it is very limited coverage. I do agree though, if you want to stop the flow of immigration stop the limited govt benefits altogether and quit hiring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I have heard with El Paso they only stay a short time and move on. I wonder if it's because they know that California has lots of welfare just for them and Texas doesn't.
Have you been to Texas or Arizona, both states have plenty of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 06:12 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Oh, well. I have a feeling have not seen anything yet. Many, many, many caravans are coming to strain their resources even more.

The smart caravans head to California as according to California Department of Health Care services.

"An immigrant who meets all eligibility requirements, but is not in a satisfactory immigration status for full scope Medi-Cal is entitled to emergency and pregnancy-related services and, when needed, state-funded long-term care"

Seems like many of those migrants are pregnant with anchor babies and California covers their pregnancy related services. Wonder if buses will start busing the grannies to the border also as Medi-Cal covers state funded long term care.

https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/med...faqs2014b.aspx

An immigrant who meets all eligibility requirements, but is not in a satisfactory immigration status for full scope Medi-Cal is entitled to emergency and pregnancy-related services and, when needed, state-funded long-term care.

They wanted a flood of migrants and now they have what they were wishing for in California and now they claim resources are strained and the federal government isn't helping?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1RG136

https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/04/03/...ylum-policies/

Tell Ca to STOP being a sanctuary state. Problem solved!

Old 04-16-2019, 06:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times
Nothing against these illegals trying to seek a better quality of life. But man...we are crowded enough in America and these folks like to have a ton of children. I don't understand why so many of them choose to have so many kids when they are so poor. Then it falls on America to take care of them? I would hate to have to go to an emergency room at some hospital in CA somewhere. I went to a clinic once in Seattle to get care..and it was packed with Spanish families and their children. The nurse seemed pretty stressed out. Good thing I use the VA now. The situation at the border is a huge crises and needs to end asap. We have to get tougher and to hell with all the political correctness coming from the left. I don't mind if Trump sends them to sanctuary cities. Maybe it will teach them a lesson.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:14 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
The San Diego County Board of supervisors is overwhelmingly Republican and very fiscally conservative, SD only had a Democrat rep on the County Board of Supervisors in November.

Long Term Care refers not to long term health coverage but rather long term care in a Skilled Nursing Facility or an Institute for Mentally Diseased, so it is very limited coverage. I do agree though, if you want to stop the flow of immigration stop the limited govt benefits altogether and quit hiring them.

Have you been to Texas or Arizona, both states have plenty of illegals.
That poster lives in San Antonio, and Texas is listed on his post as his location.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:54 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
that what trump been saying the last two years

Old 04-16-2019, 09:25 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Sounds like more and more leftists are realizing that Trump was right all along. Funny how that happens when the results of the policies they promote impacts them for a change.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Dont worry California, you can just raise taxes and steal from your own residents instead...

Old 05-16-2019, 04:43 PM

3,348 posts, read 2,314,314 times
Interesting, I guess thats why San Diego County seem to make it as unpleasant as possible for "peasants" to visit their welfare county offices. As they really don't want them there.
Anyone who been to San Diego County offices located at Oceanside's Union plaza ct would know this pretty quickly.

I know because I had to take an elderly family member there a few days ago to complete some paperwork. And I noticed unlike other places in North County, they strictly restrict their parking lot to the use of their government personnel only even when though the open air lot is pretty empty most of the time. Yes this includes the disabled/handicapped accessible parking spot which there is remarkably only one such space available for such a large busy complex with so many handicapped patrons a day. Security will shoo you away and tell you to find an impossible spot on the street which there are often none available for up to a mile away and the sidewalks are filthy and sketchy. Which was surprising as Oceanside is pretty much wide open suburbs and not dense old urban core and pretty much every other facility have a accessible parking lot for patrons. The entrance for "peasants" is also far above street level on the third story of the building(beside a hill) and the only way for "peasants" get in is to climb up a steep flight of stairs or go up a very long and steep maze of ramps, extremely difficult with a wheelchair, mobility walker, or stroller, particulary for those with a medical condition. There is an elevator that leads to the street level parking lot but like the lot itself the elevator is also strictly for government personnel use only though if they are really nice that day they might let you ride it down after serving you out of courtesy.

Though I guess their strong message is we don't want you here sucking up our public resources. Thus we make it as difficult as possible for you to see us particularly if you have a medical issue.
Apparently ADA and minimum parking for patrons standards don't apply if you are the government itself or if you have good relations with them.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:50 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sounds like more and more leftists are realizing that Trump was right all along. Funny how that happens when the results of the policies they promote impacts them for a change.
"Wherever the real power in a government lies, there is a danger of oppression. In our government, the real power lies in the majority of the Community... Government is the mere instrument of the major number of constituents.”

Quote: James Madison

It still might take some time as most of them are slow learners

Old 05-16-2019, 06:40 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
As thinking individuals, the vast majority will go to California, where they can receive generous benefits. Humans are rational beings and will go where they can get the most bang for their buck. Unfortunately, the Democrats do not understand this and continue to put in place policies which pull more and more impoverished, 5th grade educated people in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies