Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:15 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
[/color]

Yeah I do. You guys really need to get over this sick obsession with AOC, it isn't healthy. Nice young lady, and you all are looking for any shred of nothing that you can come up with to find fault with her. And yet, you somehow overlook 1,000s of similar things done by Trump, and worse.

Except not everyone critical of AOC is a Trump supporter, or even a Republican.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 12:06 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times
if the bar is set so low for anyone to claim what AOC did was racism, then let's examine the accusation itself, that blacks somehow have an accent that they claim as their own. All the snowflakes on the right are always complaining about being hurt by something.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:49 AM

209 posts, read 160,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
so true. While President Trump says Dream Big! She says, it's alright to be the shiftless losers that she assumes they are. Yet they say he's the racist. AOC's was the same message Obama had for them. Remember he used to say things like some people get lucky, nobody makes it on their own. In other words, it was a slap in the face to anyone who worked hard to achieve wealth - but that's another thread.

If I were black, I'd be mortified after OAC's speech. How sad and insulting.

Because she puts herself out there on a daily basis, she exposed her stupidity.
It's why free speech must be preserved whether people agree with it or not.
She is an easy target, a sitting duck if you will or a low hanging fruit.

With her policy of stupidity, she would run this country to the ground.
She hasn't been in office for 2 months and look what she did with Amazon.
Amazon was willing to employ 25,000 people. NY lost $30 billion in new revenue
because of the stupidity of this woman.

Not even Cuomo or de Blasio can defend this, because they know how stupid
AOC's actions were.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Time for an old remix for a Friday afternoon...

Hillary was quoting from a well known ( in some circles) hymn.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cw75v2uqts

I am not a Hillary fan)

Old 04-06-2019, 04:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
I watched it... I don’t hear it.

What are you guys talking about?

Old 04-06-2019, 04:46 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is fair to bring up Trump, but gee....

I think AOC was worse.

#1 The fake pandering accent.

#2 Trump was at least saying you should aspire for more including self-accomplishment in an abrasive-generalizing way. AOC is right to say there isn't anything wrong with any honest job, but dear lord...her message basically was there is nothing wrong with keeping your low-skill jobs because I will get you free chit.

I agree, but what Trump is saying would have more credibility coming from someone like Howard Schultz...who grew up in a housing project...rather than Trump...who started on third base +.

Old 04-06-2019, 05:41 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I watched it... I don’t hear it.

What are you guys talking about?
Selective hearing. My kids have that disease, too. Mostly when I tell them to clean their rooms.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:05 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,221 times
my best friend of over 20 years is so black he is almost blue-black, i am white..we are connected thru AA and as i said have been for 20 years....this man has worked for 30 years in the field of addiction and has tremendous respect throughout our local community...

thru all those years i have witnessed the "phenomenon" of "white people acting black"...I am not sure what to make of it
however i chalk it down to simple uneasiness and discomfort for whatever reason..i make this point is this unfamiliarity with other cultures is common among ALL or at least QUITE a FEW people NOT just politicians....does anybody give people the "benefit of the doubt" anymore or is everything just part of a conspiracy??

Old 04-06-2019, 06:16 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hillary was quoting from a well known ( in some circles) hymn.

I am not a Hillary fan)

I think most people know that, but you can quote something and not use some pandering, condescending accent. She's done this multiple times as did Obama change his speech depending on audience. Very insulting.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:16 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
She will now identify as a Black woman.

She now qualifies as being a Minority Victim of Racism also.

"Trump makes fun of me because I'm Black".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies