Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 09:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Such a great message . Only in liberal L.A

Nipsey also rapped about “white crackers “ but I guess racism is ok and celebrated by liberals if it is directed towards whites .
One of his lyrics
“Royalties, publishing, plus I own masters
I'll be damned if I slave for some white crackers”

Also this same rapper wrote a song called “F Donald Trump “ nice huh ?

South L.A. to name Crenshaw and Slauson intersection 'Nipsey Hussle Square' - Story | KTTV
Rap is crap with the “c” removed. It is not music, it is not art. It is a mindless assault on the senses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 09:14 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,341,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Nobody here said rap sucks
Rap does suck, but if people want to listen to it, they should be allowed to.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
As long as I don’t have to hear some damned boom box in a car vibrating with noise.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:17 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post

This is just your opinion. Rap is still the most popular music style.

Word.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
People in Echo Park pitched a fit when they renamed Elysian Park Ave to Vin Scully Ave.

I wonder if this renaming will get the same kind of heat in South L.A.

In any event, I'll never see it. You couldn't pay me to drive thru that area. I've already dodged enough bullets in my life.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:59 PM

1,022 posts, read 775,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Nobody here said rap sucks
I dont see anyone saying it sucks

Old 04-09-2019, 10:08 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And there should be.
You don't find that paternalistic and embarrassing?

Old 04-10-2019, 12:12 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Such a great message . Only in liberal L.A

Nipsey also rapped about “white crackers “ but I guess racism is ok and celebrated by liberals if it is directed towards whites .
One of his lyrics
“Royalties, publishing, plus I own masters
I'll be damned if I slave for some white crackers”

Also this same rapper wrote a song called “F Donald Trump “ nice huh ?

South L.A. to name Crenshaw and Slauson intersection 'Nipsey Hussle Square' - Story | KTTV
I don't get it. A black rapper with a conservative pro-entrepreneurial message and all we hear from the Alt-Right is stuff about the guy being a thug or gangbanger.

Can you provide any evidence that Nipsey Hussle was truly anti-white other than that one song lyric?

We have plenty of monuments to people who are white and who were anti-black. John Wayne Airport in Orange County. The Jefferson Memorial in Wash, D. C.

While you feign outrage about Mr. Hussle's gangbanging, you neglect to recognize some very positive things he did:

-In March 2019, Hussle had contacted officials from the LAPD to arrange a meeting with him and Roc Nation about what they could do to help prevent gang violence in South Los Angeles. The meeting had been scheduled to take place on April 1, 2019....he was killed just a day or two before.

-He helped launch the tech incubator/co-working space and STEM center in Crenshaw. It was designed in part to encourage inner-city kids to get into tech, math, science, etc.

Here is a quote from Hussle from March 2018 praising the entrepreneurial spirit:
"In our culture, there's a narrative that says, 'Follow the athletes, follow the entertainers,'" he said. "And that's cool but there should be something that says, 'Follow Elon Musk, follow [Mark] Zuckerberg.’ I think that with me being influential as an artist and young and coming from the inner city, it makes sense for me to be one of the people that's waving that flag."

And here is more from Hussle about helping urban youth AVOID self-destructive paths:

"I remember feeling, like, No. 1, what's the point and, No. 2, maybe I'm tripping. Maybe I'm not even supposed to be ambitious; maybe I'm not even supposed to be thinking this big and thinking outside the box; maybe I should just follow suit,” Hussle said. “That's a dangerous thing. I would like to prevent as many kids from feeling like that as possible. Because what follows is self-destructive."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...228-story.html

Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
How nice our LAPD is teaming up to provide security for Nipsey Hussle’s funeral with Nation of Islam , a hate group headed by Louis Farrakhan a man that hates Jews and whites .. wow !

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...tion-of-islam/

Old 04-10-2019, 11:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
That intersection should be a great attraction to the homeless and a great place for them to take a crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies