Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:35 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And there should be.
Liberals: Complain about inequality

Also Liberals: Advocate for double sstandards

No wonder this country is so divided with this type of backwards mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 07:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Los Angeles names intersection after Crips Gangbanger and Anti White Rapper Nipsey Hussle
The horror

I didn't know who Nipsey was until he was killed, but apparently he spent lot of time, money and effort to make his community a better place. That's far more than some scoffers like the OP will ever do for others.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
As long as I don’t have to hear some damned boom box in a car vibrating with noise.
Our parents and grandparents generations used to say the same thing about classic rock, like The Beatles, Led Zepplin, Metallica, etc.

Rap is just whats popular today with young people....I can guarantee though, when they get older and have kids, they will NOT like the music their kids are listening to.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:39 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
When people say it should be ban, double standards etc, I take it as they don't like it, basely sucks right? Or is it overwhelming joy?
You obviously don’t understand what the term double-standard means. Posters are talking about the words used in the rap song, not rap itself. If a country music song was referring to a black person as the n-word, how much outrage and uproar would there be. Yet this rapper’s song referred to white people as cr*ckers. How much outrage was there? See the “double-standard???!!!”

Old 04-11-2019, 11:03 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
You obviously don’t understand what the term double-standard means. Posters are talking about the words used in the rap song, not rap itself. If a country music song was referring to a black person as the n-word, how much outrage and uproar would there be. Yet this rapper’s song referred to white people as cr*ckers. How much outrage was there? See the “double-standard???!!!”

There has been zero outrage or even talk about it in the media or from local politicians. Instead he's being celebrated by the liberal politicians.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:16 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The horror

I didn't know who Nipsey was until he was killed, but apparently he spent lot of time, money and effort to make his community a better place. That's far more than some scoffers like the OP will ever do for others.
The New York Times is covering his funeral with live updates.
Quote:
The outpouring reflects the depth of admiration for Hussle, who incorporated his upbringing and experience as a gang member into his music, which spoke powerfully to many who live in Los Angeles’ poorest neighborhood and well beyond.As his musical success propelled him in recent years, Hussle funneled investments and attention to the South Los Angeles streets he had grown up on, earning devotion from fans, neighbors and local leaders.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/u...e-funeral.html

Old 04-11-2019, 12:29 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
My only comment is that it reminds me of the Chris Rock bit about why they name streets after black people in the worst parts of town.

In an ironic way, this will ensure that residents will hear his name for years to come but in regards to who was shot at the intersection the night before. Not exactly a great tribute imo.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:46 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Such a great message . Only in liberal L.A

Nipsey also rapped about “white crackers “ but I guess racism is ok and celebrated by liberals if it is directed towards whites .
One of his lyrics
“Royalties, publishing, plus I own masters
I'll be damned if I slave for some white crackers”

Also this same rapper wrote a song called “F Donald Trump “ nice huh ?

South L.A. to name Crenshaw and Slauson intersection 'Nipsey Hussle Square' - Story | KTTV
Do you know anything about him except that some of his lyrics make you nervous and he wrote a song that was anti-Trump?

He was writing to his audience.

You're not likely his audience.

"In his music, Hussle often rapped about what life was like growing up in South LA, including the violence, gang culture and resilience of his community.

Before his death, the 33-year-old father of two had recently launched a co-working space and business incubator aimed at giving inner-city entrepreneurs a place to grow their businesses and develop technical and professional skills.

Before his death, Hussle, who often rapped about his previous ties to the Rollin 60s Neighborhood Crips gang, was scheduled to meet with the Los Angeles Police Department to discuss solutions to gang violence in the city."

Link: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nipse...b08692ffcb2e43

Yeah.. he sounds awful. How dare he work with the LAPD to try to combat gang violence or try to help his community? I mean, he wrote a song about Trump! That's way more important.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Have black people enslaved white people yet? Get back to me about Toby Keith using the n-word in one of his urban, country spirituals about how we whites overcame black oppression then, k?

Old 04-11-2019, 10:16 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
So they say he wants to be a positive influence but why all the violence around him? Even with his funeral, there were fatal shootings associated with it???

You might hear some embarassing stories about country music artists like when Randy Travis was found drunk and naked by the road that time, but you never hear about a country singer being shot in an attack like this or violence breaking out at funerals. Makes sense that the police presence is always heavier at a rap show.

I do wonder if this rapper hated the police and supported BLM or if he was radical on those issues like Colin Kaepernick and Jussie SMollett.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies