Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 10:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
I dont see anyone saying it sucks
Rap sucks. Give me George Jones. But then some people think country music sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 08:26 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Such a great message . Only in liberal L.A

Nipsey also rapped about “white crackers “ but I guess racism is ok and celebrated by liberals if it is directed towards whites .
One of his lyrics
“Royalties, publishing, plus I own masters
I'll be damned if I slave for some white crackers”

Also this same rapper wrote a song called “F Donald Trump “ nice huh ?

South L.A. to name Crenshaw and Slauson intersection 'Nipsey Hussle Square' - Story | KTTV
It's an embarrassment.

America will be a complete embarrassment a hundred years from now when it is entirely torn to pieces and renamed.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:

Nipsey also rapped about “white crackers “ but I guess racism is ok and celebrated by liberals if it is directed towards whites .
One of his lyrics

South L.A. to name Crenshaw and Slauson intersection 'Nipsey Hussle Square' - Story | KTTV
Wherever that intersection is, in LA, I would advise that you avoid it after dark.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:31 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:

One of his lyrics

Did you know that that term originated from the cracking sound of the overseers whip?

Did you know that the term Honk-y originated from the solicitation of black females by white males who would come "honk" their car horns for service?

Old 04-12-2019, 09:54 AM

29,506 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:

One of his lyrics

I'm not quite getting why this guy is all of a sudden a saint ? I do understand that he did help the local community , and that is a good thing but I've seen some instagram stuff of his. One in particular sort of tells me he is just another ignorant hood rat. He was in a plane, and was stating how some white cracker (an elderly person, you could see in the background) told him to put his headphones on (it appeared he had been watching a movie on his phone) and he didn't like it and that old cracker was lucky he didn't get slapped and he would deserve it because of slavery. And that respect is earned. Now keep in mind, his statement was full of profanities. The irony is, he lost the whole "respect is earned" thing by disrespecting all the others on the plane with his phone blasting away in the first place.

Something tells me this is his really attitude towards people, not the saint like one the media is giving him.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:00 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Nobody here said rap sucks
Which type?
Conscious?
Gangster?
Crunk?
Mumble?
I can agree mumble sucks..

Old 04-12-2019, 10:04 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
So much class in this thread.. I can see some people saying what they feel without actually saying it.. haha..

Old 04-12-2019, 10:11 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
You obviously don’t understand what the term double-standard means. Posters are talking about the words used in the rap song, not rap itself. If a country music song was referring to a black person as the n-word, how much outrage and uproar would there be. Yet this rapper’s song referred to white people as cr*ckers. How much outrage was there? See the “double-standard???!!!”
Cracker means a white person... Aka democrat, cracking the whip.

Aside from Creepy Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton, he sure likes to bring the whip back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
-He helped launch the tech incubator/co-working space and STEM center in Crenshaw. It was designed in part to encourage inner-city kids to get into tech, math, science, etc.
Good find.

Have done much technical work around the area, Carson, east Torrance... For example MA Com was (is?) over there. They make cockpits for fighter jets. Many Hispanic and Asian folks working there iirc.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-12-2019 at 10:27 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 10:42 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Rap is crap with the “c” removed. It is not music, it is not art. It is a mindless assault on the senses.
It wasn't always like that. Late 80s to early to mid 90s was when rap was at it's best.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:47 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm not quite getting why this guy is all of a sudden a saint ? I do understand that he did help the local community , and that is a good thing but I've seen some instagram stuff of his. One in particular sort of tells me he is just another ignorant hood rat. He was in a plane, and was stating how some white cracker (an elderly person, you could see in the background) told him to put his headphones on (it appeared he had been watching a movie on his phone) and he didn't like it and that old cracker was lucky he didn't get slapped and he would deserve it because of slavery. And that respect is earned. Now keep in mind, his statement was full of profanities. The irony is, he lost the whole "respect is earned" thing by disrespecting all the others on the plane with his phone blasting away in the first place.

Something tells me this is his really attitude towards people, not the saint like one the media is giving him.
He's the sanctified 'enlightened thug' that is so "deep" (i.e he writes poetry and wants to help the kids now) .

Tupac had the same noteriety. Nipsey was basically a "reformed" gang banger and "socially conscious" but he and his "homies" still were the type to Crip walk, and remind people of who they "used to be" for the sake of credibility despite whatever changes they allegedly made in their lives.

He had the same catatonic, schziphrenic personality of walking that fine line of "setting an example" and also showing you "how we get down in Crenshaw" when the time calls for it.

I remember when this came out, I knew exactly what he was about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV35i7FdOvs

WHen he was shot dead in front of his business...I wasn't the least bit surprised. The guy who did it was another gang banger who he probably slapped and through up gang signs in front of at some time in the past.

Last edited by itshim; 04-12-2019 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies