Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 12:31 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
And so.................... why is that any better than if ALL of those people were white people? Would the white people be rude, or less fulfilling to be around?

I think a lot of this "diversity" is actually reverse racism with the presumption that if people are "different" they are somehow "better". That, of course, is not the case.

I currently live in Eastern TN, where it is essentially 100% white. The people are very nice and I do not feel "cheated" by not having "diversity".

People are individuals, not groups, and seeking "diversity" by "collecting" different groups simply because they are different in color or from a different location is absurd.

Lefties enjoy being amused by shiny colorful things, like babies. It is not a complement to the minorities they collect and must must talk about in their "diversity checklists".

Oprah, who I used to watch, did a show called Everyone has a Story - about average people, who you never notice much, or who you see every day but don't seem interesting, and let them tell their stories, which were interesting. It wasn't about race or culture, just to highlight people who blend in to the landscape have life stories behind them too.

The assumption that if I hang with three people who look like me means we don't have unique experiences and perspectives, is really shortsighted and stupid. And we don't need to add another designated diversity group for vibrancy, because we are vibrant, we are individuals.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:32 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackpershing View Post
Yeah because the average white person is like Trump or the Koch brothers!
And it's funny the class the Koch Brothers with Trump. Kochs hate Trump and his nationalist agenda. They are globalists and under globalism, the rich elite grow rich. That's the opposite of what Trump stands for (although I doubt they report that on CNN).

Old 04-22-2019, 12:33 PM

78 posts, read 37,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Top 25 countries with the highest murder rates per capita:

25) Eswatini (Africa)
24) Guyana (Africa)
23) Puerto Rico (US)
22) Tuvalu
21) Curacao
20) Mexico
19) Saint Lucia
18) Central African Republic (Africa)
17) Montserrat
16) Colombia
15) Guatemala
14) Anguilla
13) The Bahamas
12) Brazil
11) Trinidad and Tobago
10) South Africa (Africa)
9) Saint Kitts and Nevis
8) Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
7) Belize
6) Lesotho (Africa)
5) Jamaica
4) Virgin Islands (Part US)
3) Venenzuela
2) Honduras
1) El Salvador

So, if you're looking to cast blame here, I'd recommend you start with Spain, since the conquistadors have done a poor job of keeping the hispanics from murdering their own. Then, secondly, and in rebuttal of your Americans kill because they used to own slave theory, I'd look to Africa, since they seem to be on this list quite a bit, almost as much as the S. Americans....

Not one of those countries is a predominetly white nation. That is a fact..and facts don't have feelings. So what are we to make of these statistics. Liberals always say it's about culture, and try to pawn "culture" off as an issue that's not tied to intelligence at all. so liberals I ask you..why are the top 25 murder capitals of the world black and Hispanic? Why aren't there any predominetly white or Asian nations on that list. Educate me

Old 04-22-2019, 12:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The Congo was not a country before the European powers were there. It was just various tribes, which had nothing like a government. And the reason they are in a near-perpetual Civil-War, is because all of the tribes are fighting for control of the government that Europeans forced on them.
Wrong. Historically it was the Kingdom of Kongo going back to 1400s. Very diverse.

Current Congo was a country called Zaire, until it became Congo again in 1990s. There are actually two Congos now.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:34 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I often hear liberals tout "diversity" as being a wonderful goal that is obviously advantageous to everyone. The term "diversity" has been highjacked from genetics, in which genetic diversity is favorable for adaptation, and applied to social interractions with the presumption that it provides the obvious benefit seen in evolution.

However, the least diverse nations tend to be the most productive, wealthy, and crime free, while those nations with extensive ethnic diversity suffer. Diversity brings about lack of cultural cohesion, confusion over multiple different languages, and strife among the different ethnic groups. Witness the Bosnian War and the multiple wars in Africa- all fought over "diverse" groups failing to get along. Japan is an excellent example of complete lack of diversity, yet they thrive.

My alma mater was in a town that was essentially 100% white (sans the college students). A literal communist city council woman and subsequent mayor sought to make the city more "diverse" and actively recruited citizens from Chicago to come to the town. The town is much more "diverse" today with a much larger ethnic population. However, crime has gone up 10X, there is a part of the town identified and a "no go" area, city wide test scores have declined in schools, and students from the university are periodically victimized by the "diverse" citizens.

I went to a highschool that as 50% black, 10% Hispanic, and 10% Asian. Whites were a minority in the school. Crime was rife in the school and violence was quite common; most groups socialized among themselves and did not interact at all. My kids went to a highschool that was 15% Black, 5% Asian, and 5% Hispanic- the balance white. They had more "minority" friends than I did in highschool and routinely interacted with all students. There was no crime in the school whatsoever.

I am wondering what is the touted advantages of "diversity", as I see more negatives than positives. I understand the goal and perceived benefit, but I rarely see that occur when implemented. Any thoughts?
“There is no excuse for ignorance”.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:35 PM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackpershing View Post
Not one of those countries is a predominetly white nation. That is a fact..and facts don't have feelings. So what are we to make of these statistics. Liberals always say it's about culture, and try to pawn "culture" off as an issue that's not tied to intelligence at all. so liberals I ask you..why are the top 25 murder capitals of the world black and Hispanic? Why aren't there any predominetly white or Asian nations on that list. Educate me

Puerto Rico is white. A distinction that seems to be lost on many here.
Seems you want to exclude white people who are also Hispanic.
If your going by race, they are white regardless of weather you want then to be or not.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:39 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,990,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Some of this is self fulfilling prophecy. If you assume people are nice....that is how you treat them and in return that is how the respond. If you assume someone to be negative then more than likely you will treat then negatively (maybe unintentionally) and then they respond negatively....which then allows you to think "I knew it. Just like I thought". This is what happened to black people for centuries. America assumed the negative, then treated them negatively....and hence the resultant reaction is negative.

The gap between action and reaction confuses a lot of people. Reactive energy is often conserved and released at a future time. If you hang a picture up on a wall, the energy you used to defy gravity to put it up there is preserved by the hook. Years later you are walking by and the picture falls from the wall. You then think the picture fell all on its own. No one did anything to make it fall. Well....wrong! The equal and opposite reaction of what goes up is that it comes down. Whoever hung the picture up is responsible for it coming down....eventually, for if they would have never lifted it up it would have never fallen down.

Many of the problems with minority, blacks in particular, that are coming out now is similar to the picture. It's the equal and opposite reaction to the negative energies directed at black people, pent up due to racial oppression, being released when the pressure is no longer great enough to keep it compartmentalized.
All that pent up frustration you claim is being unleashed as a result of the past is called playing the victim card.....

Old 04-22-2019, 12:40 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
So takeout food and...hip hop? Really? Rap is crap. That's not cultural enrichment it's cultural degradation.

How much rap do you listen to?

16,606 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Switzerland is a good example of a diverse nation. They speak four different languages, and 25% of their population is foreign born. They are doing just fine.
Bad example, at least in regards to this thread topic.

Most of the diversity is not racial or religions, rather different white Europeans from nearby countries.
That hardly fits into this discussion regarding what liberals/leftist consider diversity.

`

78 posts, read 37,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Puerto Rico is white. A distinction that seems to be lost on many here.
Seems you want to exclude white people who are also Hispanic.
If your going by race, they are white regardless of weather you want then to be or not.

Umm hmm. Whatever makes you sleep better at night or justify that list in your mind of the 25 most murderous countries in the world. Sleep well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies