Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 06:31 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I know that. I have taken college classes on Autism Spectrum Disorders. There are behavior and development tests to assess the child.
As you obviously know, there is a multitude of other comorbid that come with Autism. We get plenty of tests. lol

Old 04-22-2019, 07:54 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
As you obviously know, there is a multitude of other comorbid that come with Autism. We get plenty of tests. lol
And as you know, they have changed the spectrum. My son has Aspergers, which is no longer recognized on its own, even though it is much different than most others on the spectrum.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:17 PM

4,258 posts, read 3,178,135 times
A couple of weeks ago I spend several hours with a client, a scientist that has been working on the autism issue for several years. She also has a child that suffers from this affliction. I brought up the vaccine question and she felt strongly that vaccines were not the cause. She is looking more at the food supply.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:45 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How large was the unvaccinated population that was used as a control group to confirm the appearance of symptoms of autism?
Hot off the press, another nail in the coffin of the theory that the MMR causes autism.

"During 5 025 754 person-years of follow-up, 6517 children were diagnosed with autism (incidence rate, 129.7 per 100 000 person-years). Comparing MMR-vaccinated with MMR-unvaccinated children yielded a fully adjusted autism hazard ratio of 0.93 (95% CI, 0.85 to 1.02). Similarly, no increased risk for autism after MMR vaccination was consistently observed in subgroups of children defined according to sibling history of autism, autism risk factors (based on a disease risk score) or other childhood vaccinations, or during specified time periods after vaccination."

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2...e-cohort-study

Participants:
657 461 children born in Denmark from 1999 through 31 December 2010, with follow-up from 1 year of age and through 31 August 2013

This confirmed a previous Danish study of a population of over half a million.

This was a meta-analysis :

https://vaccinepapers.org/wp-content...rt-studies.pdf

"Five cohort studies involving 1,256,407 children, and five case-control studies involving 9,920 children were included in this analysis.

The cohort data revealed no relationship between vaccination and autism or ASD nor was there a relationship between autism and MMR or thimerosal or mercury (Hg). Similarly the case-control data found no evidence for increased risk of developing autism or ASD following MMR, Hg, or thimerosal exposure when grouped by condition or grouped by exposure type.
Findings of this meta-analysis suggest that vaccinations are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder. Furthermore, the components of the vaccines (thimerosal or mercury) or multiple vaccines (MMR) are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder."

Quote:
Well, they do have a test that can accurately detect ASD-related protein changes in the blood and urine. It might become standard in the future.

But, many medical illnesses accompany ASD which they can test for. Children with autism almost always have medical conditions that cause or aggravate the symptoms of autism. Treating those conditions makes the child’s health improve. When a child is in less pain he can learn better, have less aggression, communicate, and learn coping skills among many other improvements. Some children even recover from autism through the use of medical treatments used alongside traditional therapies. Recent studies demonstrate that children with autism can have many other health issues in addition to the autism diagnosis.

You get a lot of tests when you have it. I have it, and that's how I know.

We are unique. This is why I think it's important to test for mitochondrial before vaccines are given.
Your uniqueness is what makes a single simple test for autism unrealistic.

It would be wonderful if there were a single, simple test for mitochondrial disorders possible, too, but right now the workup costs thousands of dollars. Then we are left with the fact that the experts in mitochondrial disorders recommend vaccinating, because a vaccine preventable disease will be more likely to wreak havoc on mitochondria than vaccines will.

The comorbidities with autism certainly exist, but there is so much overlap with people who have those conditions who are not autistic that having them is not diagnostic of autism.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:14 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I wish the very real crisis with autism would get even 10% the attention global warming does. " Our grandchildren will inherit a dead world, blah, blah, blah."
Well, our children TODAY have inherited a medical crisis and nobody wants to see what's causing it.
Its got to be environmental. If its affecting children in this country and not affecting children in third world countries or even amish children here, there's a huge clue right there.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I wish the very real crisis with autism would get even 10% the attention global warming does. " Our grandchildren will inherit a dead world, blah, blah, blah."
Well, our children TODAY have inherited a medical crisis and nobody wants to see what's causing it.
Its got to be environmental. If its affecting children in this country and not affecting children in third world countries or even amish children here, there's a huge clue right there.
The Amish do vaccinate, though at lower rates, they do have autism, and there is a tremendous amount of research on the condition.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/amish...-lower-3971479

Vaccination in an Amish community after a measles outbreak:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...sider-vaccines

Third world?

https://www.axios.com/most-of-the-wo...476c4ca87.html

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/re...oss-the-globe/

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/st...-autism-india/

https://www.healthymindsphilly.org/e...ying-the-myth/

Then there is the approach in Pakistan: do not acknowledge that it exists.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1473745

Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hot off the press, another nail in the coffin of the theory that the MMR causes autism.

"During 5 025 754 person-years of follow-up, 6517 children were diagnosed with autism (incidence rate, 129.7 per 100 000 person-years). Comparing MMR-vaccinated with MMR-unvaccinated children yielded a fully adjusted autism hazard ratio of 0.93 (95% CI, 0.85 to 1.02). Similarly, no increased risk for autism after MMR vaccination was consistently observed in subgroups of children defined according to sibling history of autism, autism risk factors (based on a disease risk score) or other childhood vaccinations, or during specified time periods after vaccination."

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2...e-cohort-study

Participants:
657 461 children born in Denmark from 1999 through 31 December 2010, with follow-up from 1 year of age and through 31 August 2013

This confirmed a previous Danish study of a population of over half a million.

This was a meta-analysis :

https://vaccinepapers.org/wp-content...rt-studies.pdf

"Five cohort studies involving 1,256,407 children, and five case-control studies involving 9,920 children were included in this analysis.

The cohort data revealed no relationship between vaccination and autism or ASD nor was there a relationship between autism and MMR or thimerosal or mercury (Hg). Similarly the case-control data found no evidence for increased risk of developing autism or ASD following MMR, Hg, or thimerosal exposure when grouped by condition or grouped by exposure type.
Findings of this meta-analysis suggest that vaccinations are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder. Furthermore, the components of the vaccines (thimerosal or mercury) or multiple vaccines (MMR) are not associated with the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder."

Your uniqueness is what makes a single simple test for autism unrealistic.

It would be wonderful if there were a single, simple test for mitochondrial disorders possible, too, but right now the workup costs thousands of dollars. Then we are left with the fact that the experts in mitochondrial disorders recommend vaccinating, because a vaccine preventable disease will be more likely to wreak havoc on mitochondria than vaccines will.

The comorbidities with autism certainly exist, but there is so much overlap with people who have those conditions who are not autistic that having them is not diagnostic of autism.
For one, my uniqueness doesn't have anything to do with the blood test for Autism they've come up with. It's a blood test. Here's a link. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320962.php

Second, comorbidities do help diagnose Autism. There are common comorbid in people with Autism. A lot of children are first diagnosed with these comorbid, not Autism. After the combination is discovered, then Autism may be the core. Stomach issues are eight times more common in Autistics, a third of the Autistics have Epilepsy. Eating disorders are common, also sleep problems. Anxiety and ADHD present more often.

As far as recommending vaccination for those with Autism, they recommend vaccination for everyone. I doubt it has anything to do with anything but trying to get everyone in the world vaccinated. Like with Opioids, the science backs what the Pharmaceutical company desires. Sometimes they're lying, and get busted, sometimes they get away with it.

There really is much less knowledge about vaccination and Autism than I'd like, but there are many other theories out there. It's difficult when you have no idea how it's happened, and so many are being affected without an understanding of the complexities and triggers. I don't blame vaccines, but I don't write them off as contributors either. We just don't know. For vax science, heavily funded to find nothing, to say they know for sure, limits what might really be a component.
Sadly, others without a vaccine agenda don't get much funding.

When you don't know why so many kids are getting Autism, and you don't know what causes it, you can't say you know it's not vaccines. You can only say you haven't found evidence of it. But there are a ton of things that we couldn't find evidence for in the past that we found later on. This case is a link for me. I'd like further investigation personally.

Your copy and pasting web articles don't really tell the story. I think you'd have to have a closer association to realize what it's really like, the medical treatments, and any diagnostic tests. That's just how I feel.

Last edited by Tokinouta; 04-22-2019 at 10:31 PM..

Old 04-22-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
For one, my uniqueness doesn't have anything to do with the blood test for Autism they've come up with. It's a blood test.

Second, comorbidities do help diagnose Autism. There are common comorbid in people with Autism. A lot of children are first diagnosed with these comorbid, not Autism. After the combination is discovered, then Autism may be suggested. Stomach issues are eight times more common in Autistics, a third of the Autistics have Epilepsy. Eating disorders are common, also sleep problems. Anxiety and ADHD present more often.

As far as recommending vaccination for those with Autism, they recommend vaccination for everyone. I doubt it has anything to do with anything but trying to get everyone in the world vaccinated.

Your copy and pasting web articles don't really tell the story. I think you'd have to have a closer association to realize what it's really like, the medical treatments, and any diagnostic tests.
About the blood test:

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/bl...t-experts-say/

"A new study suggests that its results could lead to a simple test for some children with autism, but statisticians say the test — even if validated — could not be used to screen for autism in the general population.

The study, published Thursday in Biological Psychiatry, says about 17 percent of children with autism have unusual proportions of amino acids — the building blocks of proteins — in their blood1. A test that looks for these molecules correctly identifies nearly 94 percent of this subgroup of children.

However, those results only hold because of the study’s statistical design, experts say. In the general population, the test’s accuracy would be less than 8 percent."

All of the things you list are more common in autism, but not everyone with those conditions has autism, so they cannot be used to diagnose it.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:42 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
What is wrong with staggering these vaccines? Back in the day - 1967 - my son got a DPT shot. That was it. He might have - I say 'might' b/c I don't remember anymore - also got one or two others later on at ages three or four. He was fine his entire life.

Today, they're combining NINE diseases at once? Well call me unscientific and obtuse, but common sense would indicate that might just be a bit much for some 18 mo. bodies to handle. I say go back to the old way - and add some of the newer less critical vaccines as these kids get older - and NOT ALL AT ONCE.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What is wrong with staggering these vaccines? Back in the day - 1967 - my son got a DPT shot. That was it. He might have - I say 'might' b/c I don't remember anymore - also got one or two others later on at ages three or four. He was fine his entire life.

Today, they're combining NINE diseases at once? Well call me unscientific and obtuse, but common sense would indicate that might just be a bit much for some 18 mo. bodies to handle. I say go back to the old way - and add some of the newer less critical vaccines as these kids get older - and NOT ALL AT ONCE.
In this case common sense would be wrong.

Just one vaccine preventable disease would place more stress on your child's immune system than all of the recommended vaccines combined.

An excellent description of why "too many, too soon" is a myth:

http://thescientificparent.org/wp-co...r-Friendly.pdf

Delaying vaccines only creates a larger window for your child to catch something before he is vaccinated for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies