Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2019, 08:58 AM

193 posts, read 69,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Weren't the people attending Easter services. Would that not make them Easter worshipers. The most un-Christian ones are the posters on here calling Obama and Clinton nasty names. Look in the mirror and do some self reflection on your own faith.
No, they were observing Easter not worshiping it. How the heck do you worship a holiday?? It seems really bizarre to phrase it that way. I'm not personally offended by it but just find it really weird but I know most on the left are uncomfortable with religion so I imagine they were just trying to think of a sort of secular way to phrase it and it just came out awkward. Would've been easier to just say "Easter attack on Christians" or something along those lines just as I'm sure they would've referenced "Ramada attack on Muslims" but just my opinion I guess and everyone is entitled to one.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
No, they were observing Easter not worshiping it. How the heck do you worship a holiday?? It seems really bizarre to phrase it that way. I'm not personally offended by it but just find it really weird but I know most on the left are uncomfortable with religion so I imagine they were just trying to think of a sort of secular way to phrase it and it just came out awkward. Would've been easier to just say "Easter attack on Christians" or something along those lines just as I'm sure they would've referenced "Ramada attack on Muslims" but just my opinion I guess and everyone is entitled to one.
Evidently you've never heard the phrase "Sunday worshipers".

Old 04-25-2019, 10:51 AM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
Demonics are stubbornly stupid and avoid logic like the plague, I'll give them that much.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Lightbulb Hillary and Barry Obama now call Christians “Easter Worshippers “

Dear outraged Trumplings:

Please explain THIS.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Demonics are stubbornly stupid and avoid logic like the plague, I'll give them that much.
And another one who has never heard the phrase "Sunday worshipers". What logic do you have from your perspective?

Old 04-25-2019, 12:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Quote:
• BBC: “Finsbury Park Attack: Roses for Ramadan Worshipers”

• The Guardian: “Afghanistan Suicide Bomber Kills Eid Worshippers at Mosque, Police Say”

• The Jewish Telegraphic Agency: “Homeless Couple Attacks Synagogue Worshippers in Buenos Aires”

I would argue that it takes a true savant of exquisitely attuned grievance collection to read an individual reference to “Easter worshippers” as an attempt to avoid acknowledging Christianity. Easter is the most important holiday in the Christian calendar. “Easter” has no other meaning. As a celebration, it is far less secularly degraded than Christmas. Bunnies aside, it is basically inaccessible as a holiday to anyone uncomfortable with acknowledging the story of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If anything, “Easter worshippers” puts extra emphasis on the religious nature of the attack by pointing out that it happened on a day of special spiritual meaning to victims. It implies: Not only did you attack Christians, you did it today of all days.

https://slate.com/human-interest/201...-backlash.html
Why did the word Easter take on a connotation other than a religious one and whose fault is that? The jelly bean eaters and the dyed egg rollers?

Old 04-25-2019, 12:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Who knew RWNJs were so concerned about grammar and usage?

Confeve. Biggly.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:02 PM

193 posts, read 69,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Evidently you've never heard the phrase "Sunday worshipers".
I actually have never heard anyone use that phrase, do we also refer to Muslims as dawn, midday, late part of the afternoon, just after sunset and between sunset and midnight worshipers?? Seems a bit convoluted and silly, how about we just call a Christian a Christian and a Muslim a Muslim?? Seems like it would be easier that way.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:02 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
The people who are outraged about anyone using the term "Easter worshippers" who were worshipping on Easter are, frankly, damn morons. You're imbeciles. Idiots of the highest order. If that gets me banned, it's been nice, y'all.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:05 PM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dear outraged Trumplings:

Please explain THIS.

A picture of our President and Donald Trump. What's your point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies