Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2019, 01:18 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times

Advertisements

Easter worshippers? Nobody worships Easter. How strange.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
People worshiping on Easter being termed 'Easter worshipers' seems a remarkably difficult concept for some to grasp. People going to church who are termed 'church goers' must really get their heads spinning.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Then we have a president who mistakenly referred to the death toll in Sri Lanka as 138 million. Obviously someone caught the mistake and it was deleted.

This was followed by an erroneous reference by name, position and day he conferred with a leader in Sri Lanka.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...e-13786098.php

Trump did not make any reference to Christians.

More people were hurt/ killed at hotels than churches. It was a huge blow to tourism.

The Islamic State finally claimed responsibility for the bombing and claimed it was retaliation for the mosque shooting in New Zealand in March.

Buddhism is the official religion of Sri Lanka. Catholics are a tiny minority of the population.
Wait, what?
ISIS claimed responsibility?
How can that be?
Trump said they were “100% defeated.”

Old 04-23-2019, 01:22 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These disgusting dogs won’t even say the word “Christians” anymore. Even after hundreds of Christians are murdered on Easter of all days.

Disgusting reptiles.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-christian-ea/

R-e-a-l-l-y reaching to dig up some hate for Obama and Hill.

Carry on.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Accidentally repped.

Didn't the media also call Notre Dame a 'tourist destination'?
Is it not a tourist destination?

“Notre Dame most-visited monument in Europe”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...on/3482294002/

Y’all are trolling us now.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:25 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Or was it worshipers who were worshiping on Easter and therefore Easter worshipers.

Like if you said Saturday worshipers ....they aren't worshiping Saturday but you know they were worshiping on Saturday.

The early morning worshipers are devoted worshipers --- choosing to rise and shine early to get to Mass.

Again -- early morning used correctly to describe the worshipers who get up early in the morning.

Shall I go on.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
folks on the left and right mock each other for this kind of petty criticism.

Both sides do it -- and it does nothing to prove anything.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
They did not kill random Christians. They killed people in the act of worshipping on the Easter holiday. It was actually a much more descriptive term. And to many a bigger transgression. There was a church massacre in my city 4 years ago and the press made constant reference to the victims as bible study participants or parishioners of the particular church. It did not negate them being Christian- it mean they were Christians who were involved in a particular Christian practice or members of a particular Christian church.

Referring to them as 'Easter worhippers' can also signify that they were in church on Easter as opposed to a normal Sunday. It is common knowledge that church attendance (or Mass in the religion I was raised) absolutely swells at Christmas and Easter. Also- more knowledgeable people recognize Easter as the most important Christian holiday as opposed to Christmas which is the most commercial. So ID'ing them as Easter worshipers actually drives home an added significance to the crime.

And by your own standard- would saying someone attacked a gay night club be omitting the fact that LGBT humans were attacked since a headline simply said referred to a gay nightclub? If so let me pull out my moral outrage badge, get 'woke,' and review all the Fox News headlines from the Pulse shooting.

This might be the stupidest thread I have seen a good, long while. As such- I'll be checking in through the day just to witness the humanity of it all...
Excellent points.
Thank you.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:28 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Sunday worshippers = people who worship the Lord on Sunday

Easter worshippers = people who worship the Lord on Easter.

What's strange is that dumbasses keep on making your argument.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:28 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No. It still supports my argument that the phrase is commonly used, and the first link isn't arguing that every Sunday worshipper is a faux Christian. Your argument is that the phrase is derogatory. Do you want me to find more links showing you are wrong?
I'd rather you just admit it was an awkward and ambiguously inarticulate way to avoid saying Christians just to keep the base appeased!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies