Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2019, 01:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Accidentally repped.

Didn't the media also call Notre Dame a 'tourist destination'?
It is a tourist destination...I know many non-Catholics that have visited the site.
Are you saying it isn't?

Old 04-23-2019, 01:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I'd rather you just admit it was an awkward and ambiguously inarticulate way to avoid saying Christians just to keep the base appeased!
I would rather you admit that it was a perfectly appropriate term to describe the people who were in church to worship the Lord on Easter. The faux outrage is tiresome, and stupid.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
"Attention Walmart shoppers...."

I have no doubt you all are demanding Walmart correct their grammar since in no universe can the announcement indicate shoppers at Walmart. It can only mean shoppers shopping for a Walmart store to purchase and they should be getting in touch with the Walton family or their attorneys for that request.
Brava!!

Old 04-23-2019, 01:34 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
So just to be clear. The victims in the churches were not worshipping on Easter? And should not be described as such. Is that what you are saying?
That does seem to be what the OP is saying.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:37 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I would rather you admit that it was a perfectly appropriate term to describe the people who were in church to worship the Lord on Easter. The faux outrage is tiresome, and stupid.
Maybe you're right...

Maybe Obama, Hillary, and the half dozen or so other Democrats are just too inarticulate to convey a message unambiguously!

Old 04-23-2019, 01:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
That link just lowered my IQ a few points. Thankfully, I have enough to spare.

Really, OP? Really?

People who are at a location, at Easter, to attend worship services, are "Easter worshippers."

Just like people who are at a mall to shop for Christmas gifts on Black Friday are "Black Friday shoppers or Christmas shoppers."

And people who are at a BBQ joint to eat dinner are "Restaurant diners."

Jesus wept, man. Jesus wept.

It is thoroughly exhausting to see the twists and turns people will take to defend an actual heathen while putting down people who are Christians, describing other people who are Christians.

Last edited by RedZin; 04-24-2019 at 07:40 AM..

Old 04-23-2019, 01:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is a tourist destination...I know many non-Catholics that have visited the site.
Are you saying it isn't?
It's a bigger tourist destination in Paris than the Eiffel Tower, actually. I saw that in multiple news reports after the fire.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Maybe you're right...

Maybe Obama, Hillary, and the half dozen or so other Democrats are just too inarticulate to convey a message unambiguously!
Maybe you don't understand the word "ambiguity". Because the phrase isn't ambiguous in the least. Your continuous argument about the phrase is stupid.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
muslim terrorists, dozens of muslim terrorists, planned the attacks on random christians and did killed random Christians. this fact hasn't been disputed.

the topic of this thread is literally dozens of democratic party leaders called attention to the day, easter, on which the attack occurred and the victims were worshippers. they did not acknowledge the religion, chrisitan, targeted by the muslim terrorists.

some don't see the reason why the distinction between "easter worshippers" and christian is important. I understand why it is important.

done with this thread.
Either did Trump.

Are those injured/killed in the churches more important than those injured/killed in the hotels?

Old 04-23-2019, 02:13 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You believe they’re Christians? You probably believed those polls guaranteeing a Hillary victory in ‘16 I bet too.
You bet I do.
They were married in a church, their daughters were baptized in a church, and they always attended services. One of their ministers was attacked in the 2008 election as being a radical, but he was an ordained minister.

When in office, the Obamas went to church on Sundays and took their daughters. Just as the Bush family did earlier.

What part of that says they are not Christian to you? Churches don't have club cards for proof of evidence a member is a member or a believing Christian.

So what if the Obamas don't use the word christian much? The devout don't have to claim they are devout. They just are by their practice of their religion. Their actions prove themselves, not a vocal claim.

GW Bush was as religious, but he made no bigger deal of his faith than Obama. Why is his faith never disbelieved or questioned? Is it because he has an Anglo-Saxon name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies