Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2019, 02:44 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Sunday worshipers is a derogatory term (denoting part-time Christians)... are you sure you want to take Barry and Hillary down that path with that analogy?
WHATTT?!? Since when is Sunday worshipper a derogatory term? I would take it to mean someone attending church services on what most Christians consider the Lord's day. This would be in contrast to people attending weekday masses, Sunday school, bible study, Wednesday night prayer services or any of the other times/activities that lead various Christians to congregate.

I have to say- this thread delivers like dominos. Ironically I think a lot of folks need to get right with the Lord and leave the internet be...

Old 04-23-2019, 02:46 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You bet I do.
They were married in a church, their daughters were baptized in a church, and they always attended services. One of their ministers was attacked in the 2008 election as being a radical, but he was an ordained minister.

When in office, the Obamas went to church on Sundays and took their daughters. Just as the Bush family did earlier.

What part of that says they are not Christian to you? Churches don't have club cards for proof of evidence a member is a member or a believing Christian.

So what if the Obamas don't use the word christian much? The devout don't have to claim they are devout. They just are by their practice of their religion. Their actions prove themselves, not a vocal claim.

GW Bush was as religious, but he made no bigger deal of his faith than Obama. Why is his faith never disbelieved or questioned? Is it because he has an Anglo-Saxon name?
Fundamentalists don't consider non-fundamentalists to be true Christians. These days, it seems like whether or not a person is a "true Christian" depends solely on how much a person is against abortion and gay marriage. The louder they scream about those two issues, the more of a "real Christian" they are.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:51 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
WHATTT?!? Since when is Sunday worshipper a derogatory term? I would take it to mean someone attending church services on what most Christians consider the Lord's day. This would be in contrast to people attending weekday masses, Sunday school, bible study, Wednesday night prayer services or any of the other times/activities that lead various Christians to congregate.

I have to say- this thread delivers like dominos. Ironically I think a lot of folks need to get right with the Lord and leave the internet be...
So tell me, have you ever seen an article questioning whether those people you cite are going to hell???

Old 04-23-2019, 02:52 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
So I guess Obama and Hillary can be called "Communist Worshipers".

Old 04-23-2019, 02:58 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These disgusting dogs won’t even say the word “Christians” anymore. Even after hundreds of Christians are murdered on Easter of all days.

Disgusting reptiles.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-christian-ea/
Well considering Barry is a Moslem and Hillary is a Luciferian devil worshipper, I am frankly not too surprised they don't consider the day Jesus returned to life to be that huge of a deal.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:01 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
I don't see anything wrong with Obama's comment. I was an Easter Worshipper this past Sunday, too. That is not a derogatory term in any way. It is just emphasizing that those Christians were attacked on the most holy day of the year - Easter. Trying to turn this into a negative is just ... sad. As Christians, we strive to be "Easter People" all year.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:01 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Let’s see.

1. Christians feel threatened.
2. Conservatives feel threatened.
3. Whites feel threatened.
4. White males REALLY feel threatened.
5. Straights feel threatened by gay rights.

I thought the left were supposed to be the snowflakes?

Grow a pair, people.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:07 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Easter worshippers? Nobody worships Easter. How strange.
You know what is even stranger? Trump doesn't even mention "Easter" or "Christians" in this tweet :

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...23840161857536

Yet Obama mentions the religious holiday in his tweet and still the right wing foams at the mouth.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:08 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Let’s see.

1. Christians feel threatened.
2. Conservatives feel threatened.
3. Whites feel threatened.
4. White males REALLY feel threatened.
5. Straights feel threatened by gay rights.

I thought the left were supposed to be the snowflakes?

Grow a pair, people.
I don't feel threatened. I know who does the heavy lifting and pickle-jar opening around here.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They DID use the correct words.
Not correctly though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies